BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

5 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

It is a bit.

We had Danny Graham, Charlie Mulgrew, Craig Conway, Lenihan, Raya, Nyambe, Sam Gallagher and Lucas Joao et al in our squad when we went down.

All very decent.

Yeah but it isn't irrelevant, there could be mitigating circumstances but it shouldn't just be dismissed as irrelevant out of hand.

6 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Have to admit I’ve just read the Barnsley forum thread on him and it’s not quite what I was expecting based on the  positive reaction on here. 

I mean if you read this forum then Nyambe is a crap player.

Game of opinions, isn't it. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Is it irrelevant? He played a regular part in that relegation so that can't be totally disregarded.

Because at this point in time (and moreso yesterday when I commented) we have huge holes in the squad where key players leave. As it stands, our squad looks very thin.

Stop making out like it was a specific plan not to sign anyone until now, as if it is all part of a huge plan. Lets hope a number of those signings are made in the coming days to get involved from the off.

He mentioned Sessegnon as a potential signing yesterday, 2 weeks after joining Charlton.

A decent Championship defender at least yes, so if we pulled away altogether considering that we are hardly stocked with them, then that would be odd.

Do you still stand by rating Rankin Costello more?

Seems like quite a changed line up anyway. Presumably they will go to full strength at the weekend.

And the season before he played a regular part in getting them into the top 6.

Lenihen and Nyambe got relegated when here.

It's irrelevant when rating the signing.The tone of the post I replied too was ..."why are people getting excited over signing a player who has just been relegated ".A relegation doesn't make him a bad player, good players do play in sides that get relegated.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

OK thanks.

Personally I'd far rather have kept Nyambe but given he has gone,  RB is now the biggest of a number of big holes in the squad so anyone coming in would be welcome.

Given our track record in these things, I'll keep the champagne on ice until it's confirmed though.

One positive, if the fee is £1.5m that would tend to be indicative of a decent budget having been made available given the number of positions that need filling.

Well I was the other side of the debate by want a better player in than Nyambe who I don't rate more than decent. So if we do make the signing that we been linked with then I would be delight with it

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Because at this point in time (and moreso yesterday when I commented) we have huge holes in the squad where key players leave. As it stands, our squad looks very thin. Stop making out like it was a specific plan not to sign anyone until now, as if it is all part of a huge plan. Lets hope a number of those signings are made in the coming days to get involved from the off.

Yes we have a few gaps but some of those gaps that we had have been filled by players like Hayden Carter, Jake Garrett, Ash Phillips and Jack Vale. 

we have a good starting 11 to be honest. Just add around 5 or 6 signings then we have good overall squad with some good solid players and very talented young players. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Nah it’s pretty split on here with probably more people saying we should have kept Nyambe.  It’s the other way regarding Brittain on their forum.

Maybe they are just a bit more bitter on there than we are on here.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Would argue the opposite, most on here think he’s Cafu reincarnated.

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

And the season before he played a regular part in getting them into the top 6.

Lenihen and Nyambe got relegated when here.

It's irrelevant when rating the signing.The tone of the post I replied too was ..."why are people getting excited over signing a player who has just been relegated ".A relegation doesn't make him a bad player, good players do play in sides that get relegated.

Better players have been relegated so as I said, there could be mitigating circumstances, obviously they struggled following Ismael leaving. And it isn't clear cut to dismiss relegated players.

But it isn't irrelevant, nor is the season prior when he and the team was better.

It might be that he is not as consistent, that he isn't so good when the chips are down, or simply that the rest of the team were so bad. But it isn't irrelevant.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well I was the other side of the debate by want a better player in than Nyambe who I don't rate more than decent. So if we do make the signing that we been linked with then I would be delight with it

Yes we have a few gaps but some of those gaps that we had have been filled by players like Hayden Carter, Jake Garrett, Ash Phillips and Jack Vale. 

we have a good starting 11 to be honest. Just add around 5 or 6 signings then we have good overall squad with some good solid players and very talented young players. 

So Lenihan, Rothwell, Nyambe, Van Hecke, Khadra etc have had their places in the squad taken by young kids, with lets say 6 new first team signings yet to sign. As I said, ill prepared. If 5 or 6 key players were all injured you wouldn't say that we were in good shape, would you?

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Better players have been relegated so as I said, there could be mitigating circumstances, obviously they struggled following Ismael leaving. And it isn't clear cut to dismiss relegated players.

But it isn't irrelevant, nor is the season prior when he and the team was better.

It might be that he is not as consistent, that he isn't so good when the chips are down, or simply that the rest of the team were so bad. But it isn't irrelevant.

So Lenihan, Rothwell, Nyambe, Van Hecke, Khadra etc have had their places in the squad taken by young kids, with lets say 6 new first team signings yet to sign. As I said, ill prepared. If 5 or 6 key players were all injured you wouldn't say that we were in good shape, would you?

It's irrelevant to me ok.If it isn't to you that's fine but it is to me.

The post I quoted was more or less saying no reason to be excited about the signing because he got relegated last season.A comment I don't agree with 

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

It's irrelevant to me ok.If it isn't to you that's fine but it is to me.

The post I quoted was more or less saying no reason to be excited about the signing because he got relegated last season.A comment I don't agree with 

I would agree that it is foolish to dismiss a player solely down to his teams relegation too. It's not conclusive proof that he is not up to it as much as it is not irrelevant.

4 hours ago, TurkishDelight said:

And he didnt play any championship 21/22?.... 

4 hours ago, TruRover said:

He played 36 times last season and 42 the season before all in the championship.

4 hours ago, Traviscon said:

If you're using Wikipedia for those stats, it's out of date.

Last update was 10th Jan 2021.

Yes. I used Wiki. Like Jim, mea culpa.

4 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

Also not true. He’s played 76 times in the championship.

Also forgot to include his championship games with MK Dons.

12 minutes ago, J*B said:

Just placing it on record, whilst I don’t know too much about Brittain, I really rated Nyambe. I thought he was fantastic at right back, a very good right centre back at this level and a good right wing back. So Brittain must be some player to be better than him… and must be on very low wages to be a better financial decision. 

Got to agree mate #oneofourown seems rather ironic given he left for free

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes we have a few gaps but some of those gaps that we had have been filled by players like Hayden Carter, Jake Garrett, Ash Phillips and Jack Vale. . 

As recently as May, none of those were deemed good enough to start in a dead-rubber end of season game at Birmingham, against a Brum side that wasn't their first XI either if I remember rightly, and even with none of the loanees or contract rebels involved. Vale came off the bench for 15 mins, and Carter was off on loan so I'll allow him (still deemed not necessary enough to keep around in Jan though). The Bournemouth game before it was a dead rubber too, and none of them were even named on the bench.

What has changed in 2 months that makes you so confident they're good enough now? Especially since for about half of that time they were on holiday.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Celebrating a win. Wow ! What a terrible thing for a fan to do.

You were being accused of goading, not celebrating, and it's an accurate depiction. You're doing it now too.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, J*B said:

Just placing it on record, whilst I don’t know too much about Brittain, I really rated Nyambe. I thought he was fantastic at right back, a very good right centre back at this level and a good right wing back. So Brittain must be some player to be better than him… and must be on very low wages to be a better financial decision. 

Just to be clear, I think Nyambe is average to good. That’s it. His one year deal at Wigan seems to corroborate this. It’s a shame we’ve lost an academy lad but I don’t think we’ll miss him for long. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

As recently as May, none of those were deemed good enough to start in a dead-rubber end of season game at Birmingham, against a Brum side that wasn't their first XI either if I remember rightly, and even with none of the loanees or contract rebels involved. Vale came off the bench for 15 mins, and Carter was off on loan so I'll allow him (still deemed not necessary enough to keep around in Jan though). The Bournemouth game before it was a dead rubber too, and none of them were even named on the bench.

What has changed in 2 months that makes you so confident they're good enough now? Especially since for about half of that time they were on holiday.

None of them deemed good enough by TM.Even the previous season when we had dead rubbers he didn't have a look at any of the young players.A different manager may see things differently.

We need signings in but we do have 2 or 3 young lads that could make an impact this season 

• Like 2

• Backroom

So how will he be announced?

I reckon we’re going to get Jayda Fransen in and go with the hashtag #Brittainfirst to go along with #oneofourown

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

No signings.

Wigan affording Nyambe where we couldn't.

280 pages two days early.

What a sham.

Actually, just to play devil's advocate - maybe we just didn't want him enough to give him what he thought he was worth?

• Like 1