BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

34 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Jon Dahl Tomasson on Ben Brereton Diaz Future 

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1137973804?-11198:839

Rovers boss Tomasson says he has enjoyed working with Brereton-Diaz but was frank enough to admit that players of his calibre are 'wanted'. The Dane said Rovers will 'see what will happen' with the attacker, but suggested he would make Brereton-Diaz coffee and breakfast every morning if he signs a new long-term deal at Blackburn. Tomasson said: “I have a very good relationship and connection with the boy. I’ve enjoyed working with him and I’ve always said from the beginning that good players are wanted. “We will see what will happen. For me he can sign a five-year deal and I will make him coffee and breakfast every morning.”

Basically, "Flash the cash....!"......Anyone?

Can't wait to get rid and use the money

56 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Jon Dahl Tomasson on Ben Brereton Diaz Future 

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1137973804?-11198:839

Rovers boss Tomasson says he has enjoyed working with Brereton-Diaz but was frank enough to admit that players of his calibre are 'wanted'. The Dane said Rovers will 'see what will happen' with the attacker, but suggested he would make Brereton-Diaz coffee and breakfast every morning if he signs a new long-term deal at Blackburn. Tomasson said: “I have a very good relationship and connection with the boy. I’ve enjoyed working with him and I’ve always said from the beginning that good players are wanted. “We will see what will happen. For me he can sign a five-year deal and I will make him coffee and breakfast every morning.”

Better than drizzle cake 

8 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He's not athletic enough to get up and down the flank as a WB, regardless of whether it's a back 3 or back 4. 

Neither is JRC for that matter.

Didn't say otherwise, just that a WB has less defensive responsibility in a 3/5 than in a 4.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Basically, "Flash the cash....!"......Anyone?

Can't wait to get rid and use the money

I read it more as he wants to get the situation resolved.

Either someone buys him now, or he signs a new contract. He's happy with either, but he doesn't want to lose him for free in the summer. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, islander200 said:

The manager would have had an input over contracts here.

You telling me it was on Waggotts recommendation that all the "men" in the dressing room with little or no resale value the likes of Bennett ,Evans, Mulgrew got new deals upon promotion from league one?It would have been Mowbray who pushed for them 

And a competent CEO should have been the one saying 'No Tony, that will put an excessive financial burden on the club for players who will have no market value soon.'

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Either someone buys him now, or he signs a new contract. He's happy with either, but he doesn't want to lose him for free in the summer. 

It would be interesting if you gave JDT the choice, BBD or 12m to spend.

7 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

And a competent CEO should have been the one saying 'No Tony, that will put an excessive financial burden on the club for players who will have no market value soon.'

So looks like both in it together.

Waggot Out....why would he want someone to be a success where him and his mate failed.  He has to go immediately 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

What do you think is the minimum fee the club should accept ? What if we don't get an offer that matches that ? Supposing the player and his representatives have decided that they are happy to run down his contract in the belief that a signing on fee from a new club - say £5m or so - sets him up financially ?

2 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

What do you think is the minimum fee the club should accept ? What if we don't get an offer that matches that ? Supposing the player and his representatives have decided that they are happy to run down his contract in the belief that a signing on fee from a new club - say £5m or so - sets him up financially ?

I'd honestly take that £10m offer from Sevilla if it's all re-invested into the playing squad.

3 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

That's only if he has another season as good as last. Or rather before Christmas and away at Birmingham. It's a risk on his part too. Not saying he wouldn't get snapped up for free. But if he has a bad season the calibre of club will drop too. 

The worst possible scenario is we sign him for seven million and he leaves for free. That can't happen again after this summer.

He doesn't strike me as the kind of player who would force a move or down tools. His stock was arguably higher in January and at least to my knowledge I never heard any talk of him wanting to leave.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well we signed Brittain for around 1 million pounds. You happy with that signing and cost? 

This isn't just employee from Rovers but the Head coach Jon Dahl Tomasson saying this. 

I'm optimistic about the signing. I can't really comment on whether it is value for money as only time will tell, but I am relieved/satisfied that we have invested in a permanent signing rather than turning to loans. I won't get back onto the Nyambe discussion but it is a signing we have had to make because of our negligence on Nyambe so to answer your question yes I am pleased with the signing, yes I am pleased we have paid a fee and given him a 4 year deal, but it wouldn't have been needed had we sorted our shit out over the last few years.

But I wasn't talking about the Brittain signing, I was talking about further signings, which are urgently needed, and Tomasson's comments yesterday about there being money available. The point I was making was that most managers and staff under Venkys have said money is available, but actually spending it is where things don't always come together. For example you could have £30 million to spend, but if you are adhering to a strict wage bill suggestive of a bottom end Championship club you might as well not bother, as you won't be able to put it to much use.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'd honestly take that £10m offer from Sevilla if it's all re-invested into the playing squad.

Zero or next to zero chance of that re-investment happening though and even if some did it would be next summer.

So as fans and team are we better just getting what we can out of him for another season ?

Surely he'd be out to impress potential suitors so should have a good season. It's yet another monumental balls up letting it get to this stage but the ownership just isn't bothered.

They don't need the money back they seem to have a certain amount per year they need to 'lose' in Rovers books so desperately getting money back on players isn't their aim. Sadly it's the club that suffers because we can't put it towards FFP but like i said it doesn't affect their pockets.

It all seems to be about being comfortable losing a certain amount of spare money whilst playing with the club.

14 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I can't say I've noticed markanday to be that quick

Same here. Markandy has quick feet and accelration on short bursts. Not sure if he has the speed over 40 yards as Armstrong. 

In fact I think Gally and Breo might beat him over longer distances. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, goozburger said:

A bit on outgoings to keep you entertained.

Sounds as though Magloire will leave permanently, probably to Northampton Town. Think it's the best for all concerned.

Brown to go out on loan.

Butterworth sounds like he will leave, but not sure in what capacity. I think it might be best for all concerned if it's permanent. I can't see him breaking into our first team squad, particularly as Jack Vale appears to have surpassed him, and Sam Burns on the rise. A shame, but it happens.

i don`t think butterworth is going to make it at this level,he always appears shattered after 20 minutes and his loan spell at fleetwood was`nt a success,best for him if he finds his level,it is`nt in the championship imo

• Like 1