BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

31 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

Yeah, Gallagher puts in a massive amount of work and is good in the air defensively.

Ideally he would be a great sub to see the game out when we are winning. 

His first touch is terrible and he really struggles to hold the ball up so I dont see how he would be good in that situation at all. An extreme and old example of him running down the clock was him setting up Prestons counter attack last minute equaliser in the relegation season!

Dack is great when holding on to a lead. Very intelligent and excellent ar holding it up and killing time.

26 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

I think we'll be happy scraping along this season. The signings so far don't scream ambition of play-offs to me, and Broughton also stressed it will take time to become a 'sustainable PL club'. So season 1 of this project will be lower to mid table with little excitement I think.

I hope we hold out for £20m for BBD, that's what he's worth when looking at the fees the big guns are paying these days.

JDT isn't here to scrape along.

He could be managing Champions League football.

Brittain and Szmodic fit the type of player he wants. Morton seems like good cover for CM, but we'll see how that pans out.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Brittain and Szmodic fit the type of player he wants. Morton seems like good cover for CM, but we'll see how that pans out.

Not much left to win by staying at Malmö. Our squad looks like it's scrape along-time, but we will see. 

46 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

His first touch is terrible and he really struggles to hold the ball up so I dont see how he would be good in that situation at all. An extreme and old example of him running down the clock was him setting up Prestons counter attack last minute equaliser in the relegation season!

Dack is great when holding on to a lead. Very intelligent and excellent ar holding it up and killing time.

Well the other team is pushing forward there is much more space to gallop in to. Whereas in tight spaces the likes of Dack can make a difference. 

6 hours ago, Finlay McKenna said:

Gallagher would get better numbers if he was the main goalscoring outlet and put on penalties, Posh would want around 4M for him, hard pass at 28.

I wouldn’t trust Gallagher with a penalty. He’d be worse than Jason Roberts. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Morton hasn't come here as cover - why on earth would he when he could do that at Liverpool and certainly Liverpool wouldn't allow him to come here as cover.  For goodness sake, the lad's already played some 10 1st team games for Liverpool including 2 CL games, something that would be beyond Travis and Buckley.

11 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Gonna need more than one centre half - Barnes has done his ACL

Huge blow if correct.

We've played 1 game and have already lost 2 centre backs.  

Our squad is paper thin and we need 6 more very good additions.

13 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Gonna need more than one centre half - Barnes has done his ACL

Did think it was bonkers seeing people say CB isn’t a priority.

Leaves us:

Ayala - Very injury prone

Wharton - One big injury not too long ago 

Carter - Injured 

Phillips - Never played a professional game

2 minimum.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Morton hasn't come here as cover - why on earth would he when he could do that at Liverpool and certainly Liverpool wouldn't allow him to come here as cover.  For goodness sake, the lad's already played some 10 1st team games for Liverpool including 2 CL games, something that would be beyond Travis and Buckley.

He's not starting over Buckley or Travis - they're the first two names on the team sheet. 

There's plenty of minutes available in a 46 match season (squad rotation + substitute appearances). 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Don Said said:

Did think it was bonkers seeing people say CB isn’t a priority.

Leaves us:

Ayala - Very injury prone

Wharton - One big injury not too long ago 

Carter - Injured 

Phillips - Never played a professional game

2 minimum.

Or you could look at it as, we still have our first choice center-half pairing, available. With cover of the bench, in the form of a youngster who many believe will play at a level, well above the level we are at now. Carter may not be out for long. 

Edited by rigger
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, rigger said:

Or you could look at it as, we still have our first choice center-half pairing, available. With cover of the bench, in the form of a youngster who many believe will play at a level, well above the level we are at now. Carter may not be out for long. 

I’m a fan of what I’ve seen from Phillips and Carter. But more a case of I would rather insure ourselves against hitting big problems at the back if we can do so.

13 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Huge blow? He’s not played a competitive game for us. Shame for him but doesn’t massively change anything.

It is when your two main back-ups (Carter and Barnes) are injured together and your main man (Ayala) has a poor injury record.

• Like 2