BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

11 hours ago, JoeH said:

No. He did not.

He attempted 23 forward passes with 17 accurate. He had an 81% pass success rate overall.

Outside of that he won 100% of his aerial duels, and had a 67% tackle success rate, compared with 58% for Callum Brittain & 76% for Daniel Ayala - just for clarity about how bog standard that stat is.

He had an average game. Neither impressive, nor poor.

Yes. He did. He also lost 60% of his ground duels, 

3FB3813C-F11D-4BA3-96A9-6D27927E19E2.jpeg

Edited by Mellor Rover

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He was really bad. I remember going to a pre season friendly at Rochdale. They had a lad playing in midfield that ran rings around both Lowe and Marrow,

Didn't loan academy lads out enough back then imo

They seemed to throw anyone half decent into the first team squad (there weren't many)to try and justify the academy.  It stunted their development then we were either stuck with them or they fell away.

We seemed to churn out a string of kids going to lower league clubs for a few grand whilst hopefully waiting for the next Jones. Meanwhile Lowe, Henley etc were stuck on 5 year contracts where we then had to try and justify them in the first team.

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Didn't loan academy lads out enough back then imo

They seemed to throw anyone half decent into the first team squad (there weren't many)to try and justify the academy.  It stunted their development then we were either stuck with them or they fell away.

We seemed to churn out a string of kids going to lower league clubs for a few grand whilst hopefully waiting for the next Jones. Meanwhile Lowe, Henley etc were stuck on 5 year contracts where we then had to try and justify them in the first team.

To this day, I believe that Henley had it but was thrown in too soon and ruined.

Needed another year or two loaned to League 1/2.

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, ROVER_N_OUT1978 said:

Was it Callum Camps who we later tried to sign?

No, it was an old pro called Stephen Dawson. We were losing 2-0 at one point but managed to steal a draw with a late goal and a really weak MGP free kick that their goalie miss judged completely in time added on. We were beyond poor. I came away really down hearted, we’d shown absolutely nothing and Dawson had bossed the game.

2 minutes ago, Mike E said:

To this day, I believe that Henley had it but was thrown in too soon and ruined.

Needed another year or two loaned to League 1/2.

Agreed.

If you look at the injuries he suffered all these niggles and strains etc probably because he was rushed too early. The lad had serious pace and worked hard but no positional sense at all.

Needed that proper development but they stuck him on a 5 year nice contract, he was out in Preston with his pals every weekend. Struggled with the weight of it all and became more interested in his life outside football.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Anyway, back to transfers.... 2 incomings early next week ✍️

All eyes will be on OT tomorrow and the Brighton line-up/subs, imagine 20 years ago saying we're pinning our hopes on a Brighton reserve player signing 🥲

32 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Is this your guess or what you've heard?

17 minutes ago, BigUts said:

OT? Old Trafford?

I can 100% confirm JP Van Hecke has not travelled to Manchester today and will not be doing so later either... 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Butty said:

If we’d have persisted with Koita I think he could have done alright, he’s found his feet in the Turkish league since, banged them in for Kasimpasa before getting a move to Trabzonspor where he’s not played as much. I’ve never seen a man hit a ball as hard as when he smashed one from 30 yards against the post. (Can’t remember who it was against) might have been a cup game.

Wasn’t that in the league v Huddersfield 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tricky said:

I can 100% confirm JP Van Hecke has not travelled to Manchester today and will not be doing so later either... 

he`s not travelled to manchester but actually turned up at brockhall,so intent on signing for rovers,he`s lodging at brockhall until tuesday when jdt and broughton arrive,welcome home jpvh

• Like 4

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

he`s not travelled to manchester but actually turned up at brockhall,so intent on signing for rovers,he`s lodging at brockhall until tuesday when jdt and broughton arrive,welcome home jpvh

Like Jerome Anderson did, but this time it’s for a good reason 😂

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I wonder who’s systems are more accurate 

I’m gonna go with Opta. There’s more ways to lose the ball than a stray pass.