BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why isn't it reliable source? The story was we made an inquiry for him. Not every link means we will sign them but we had an interest. Maybe it was between him and Szmodics, we had 3 bids rejected for him so we inquiry for Bowler but price too much so went back for Szmodics. 

No one is being naive at all but not everyone agree with your point of view, maybe you should accept that. That's your opinion its his best interest to not commit here but other people like myself have a very different opinion to yours were maybe he wants to play for JDT and get Rovers to the PL and be key player in our promotion push then be a squad player at mid table PL club. He seems to be really enjoying his football here under JDT

I love your enthusiasm Chaddy you know that, but you do know that not everything you read in the news is true? Lancs Live especially don’t have a clue, Rich seems fairly reliable though. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Just a question here Chaddy, and I'm not looking to provoke you or argue. And it's not about this quote specifically either.

But I'm just curious, do you ever look at a Rovers transfer story from a journalist and think 'nah I don't really believe that'?

no, i take each story on merit and see what happens, I don't dismiss out of hands like many people on here cos the story has come from someone or something whether a club inquiry for a player, make a bid or scouted him. 

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If he doesnt get sold then he can still enjoy his football here without needing to commit long term.

I think I have made my point more than clear to you. If you disagree fine by me

2 minutes ago, Butty said:

I love your enthusiasm Chaddy you know that, but you do know that not everything you read in the news is true? Lancs Live especially don’t have a clue, Rich seems fairly reliable though. 

See my point above to Bruce. 

I just dont see BD suddenly becoming a bad apple - for 2 reasons.

It isnt in his nature to be one and if he did, along with his 2 bad injuries who will take him on? That would leave him isolated as a footballer, getting no game time and just rotting away on the bench at best or in the reserve set up.

Being a professional it is solely in his interest to buckle down, get fit and get back in the starting 11 and managers plans

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I just dont see BD suddenly becoming a bad apple - for 2 reasons.

It isnt in his nature to be one

How do we know that? Cos he seems like a nice, bubbly lad in interviews? He has been top dog here for years, most players would come across cheery. The test of character is when someone is feeling adversity.

13 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

How do we know that? Cos he seems like a nice, bubbly lad in interviews? He has been top dog here for years, most players would come across cheery. The test of character is when someone is feeling adversity.

Because suddenly becomes a real arse who the hell will take him on? Dack isnt the type of individual who would resort to this type of behaviour.

20 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

We have no evidence whatsoever there is an issue with Dack either.

One poster claims a coach told him that Dack and Ayala were struggling under the new regime, although if it were true, why the Club would let that be known to anyone I've no idea.

He then doesn't play in the first game,  someone else on Twitter claims they've seen him sulking and all of a sudden there's a full blown  "Dack situation" despite the fact he's been injured for most of the pre season and presumably isn't quite as up to speed as the rest of the squad.

He may or may not get back to his best in due course following his two serious injuries but I'm really not sure where this idea he's a bad apple or will be a problem in the dressing room has come from.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Do you know if it’s on a perm? 

That’s got to be a sham, poo poo it if you like though. If she is in good conditioner not is more important, as a big hairy center half called Dan druff her up if not. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, lraC said:

That’s got to be a sham, poo poo it if you like though. If she is in good conditioner not is more important, as a big hairy center half called Dan druff her up if not. 

That's head and shoulders the best one yet.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, lraC said:

Does she like playing at the back?

14 minutes ago, lraC said:

Does she like playing at the back?

More importantly, can she ride a tackle?

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

If he doesnt get sold then he can still enjoy his football here without needing to commit long term.

RV  Blue posted a perfectly feasible scenario in which Brereton signs a contract on the previous page.  I think he'll be off if a good enough bid comes in but if one doesn't he may well sign that kind of contract, especially after what happened to his good mate Dack.

Speaking of Dack, I don't think you have to be especially mobile to press effectively, sure it helps but on MOTD they highlighted Mitrovic doing it intelligently and he's no more mobile than our Bradley.

54 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Because suddenly becomes a real arse who the hell will take him on? Dack isnt the type of individual who would resort to this type of behaviour.

You have no idea what he would or wouldn't resort to. I imagine you've never even met the man. Just because it would be foolish doesn't mean someone won't do it. Everybody should know that by adulthood.

43 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

One poster claims a coach told him that Dack and Ayala were struggling under the new regime, although if it were true, why the Club would let that be known to anyone I've no idea.

He then doesn't play in the first game,  someone else on Twitter claims they've seen him sulking and all of a sudden there's a full blown  "Dack situation" despite the fact he's been injured for most of the pre season and presumably isn't quite as up to speed as the rest of the squad.

He may or may not get back to his best in due course following his two serious injuries but I'm really not sure where this idea he's a bad apple or will be a problem in the dressing room has come from.

Yes, we don't have (reliable) evidence of an issue with Dack. I never said we did either. I know I'd be a little hacked off at not getting on the pitch in either game, even with a heavy lead in the second. Hartlepool should be when he gets his chance though, and I suspect he will have been kept on the bench in anticipation of playing midweek (don't see what difference 10 minutes would have made to that though).

1 minute ago, Russ said:

Told she'll be a fringe player so will want to mullet over

We do need our back and sides securing. Got to think what her teammates might think though, does she make the crew's cut? If not it could get hairy and bobble over.

Course, I reckon they'd be happy enough if she scissored for them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

We do need our back and sides securing. Got to think what her teammates might think though, does she make the crew's cut? If not it could get hairy and bobble over.

Course, I reckon they'd be happy enough if she scissored for them.

I think we need Sir Alex Ferguson to sort out these bad hair jokes 😄

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

He did make some poor decisions and display bad judgement a few years back, but he certainly seems to have matured since then.

He’s struggled for fitness this preseason, but we are only two games in. I’m sure he will be involved sooner rather than later.

Edited by Miller11