BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

6 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

I said a while ago that anyone who thought Van Hecke was coming back here was going to be very disappointed. There was nothing to be gained from the player's or Brighton's point of view of him coming back here. 

Why Sunderland? Very simply that they get an average attendance of 30,000 fans at their home games and Brighton need to see if he can cope with playing in front of a big fan base most weeks and the added pressure that brings. Sunderland have made some good signings tbf. Simms looks like a very good player.

Personally I think that's a very weak reason to send him to newly promoted Sunderland over an established Championship side where he already fit like a glove.

• Like 1

Just now, Rochdale_rover said:

I mentioned it a few days ago . If jdt wants to play 2 at the back . Van hecke isn't the answer.

He was poor when in a back 4 .

If this means getting sepp in and saves money for a  styles or bowler then that suits me 

We need another cb than van den berg. We need two and 1 needs to be a permanent otherwise its the same situation again next season

• Like 1

It’s starting to turn into the usual shit show. After witnessing today unless they get their hands in their pockets nobody of any value is coming here. If I was the manager I would consider my position because scapegoat springs to mind. 
The manager is being allowed to take all the flack while waggot and the bald guy say nothing. No one is going to put up with that and I can see a Lambert situation arriving 

• Like 1

Just now, Boroblue said:

It’s starting to turn into the usual shit show. After witnessing today unless they get their hands in their pockets nobody of any value is coming here. If I was the manager I would consider my position because scapegoat springs to mind. 
The manager is being allowed to take all the flack while waggot and the bald guy say nothing. No one is going to put up with that and I can see a Lambert situation arriving 

That's what many predicted upon his arrival. 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Why the bloody hell is anyone looking at the league table after 5 games ?? Burnley was 5th before the Blackpool equaliser now 15th  apparently..5 games lads ..5 games ..

Because they should be doing much better than one win in five, for a team with parachute payments fresh from the top league!

A lot on here aren't happy with 3 wins in 5.

On 19/08/2022 at 18:01, Theaxe15 said:

I love van Hecke as much as the next fan, but if we’re playing 4 at the back over 5 then I’m not sure he’s suited. He was brilliant as a central defender in a 3, sweeper style, but there were times in a back 4 he seemed too rash at times, left us in trouble more often than should have been

18 minutes ago, Kcaj93 said:

We need another cb than van den berg. We need two and 1 needs to be a permanent otherwise its the same situation again next season

I agree.  But if they are not selling what can you do. A loan is no good as he's not guaranteed to start 

If playing to 2 at the back . Is he better than ayala when he's fit . The answer is no . So he would be on the bench.

Would Brighton want a loan player on the bench .

Wharton will start as being left footed fives you the balance 

On a seperate note we need a

Lb

Cb 

Cb who can cover rb

Cm

And an Attacker,Winger, or striker

So 5 . And we need then quick

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

As JDT rightfully points out, we have had 8 players leave, 3 come in.

By my calculations that means that anything other than 5 new players coming in means we have taken a step back? 

Didn't we have a full quota of loanees last year? Van Hecke, Khadra, Poveda, Giles, DeFuik

Then we lost:

Rothwell

Lennihan

Nyambe

Johnson

Davenport

Some of those were injured but they were all first team/squad.

I make that 10 players down.  

We didn't replace Armstrong either - unless that was Hedges🤷🏻‍♂️

We need 5-6 in.  

Clearly this year is going to be a write off.  

I think most fans would accept that, if they see a clear identity on the pitch.  

If there aren't signs of that by Christmas, JDT/Broughton won't last.

2 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I don’t quite get why we have been so slow with business the last two weeks, surely there was a pressing need the past week. I hate this waiting to the last hours nonsense. Get business done early shows a well run club imo 

The director of football and head coach being appointed very late didn't help, when they knew Mowbray was going well in advance.

• Like 3

Just now, booth said:

The director of football and head coach being appointed very late didn't help, when they knew Mowbray was going well in advance.

I’d love to know the time period between when Rovers decided Mowbray was going and JDT was approached. 

• Like 1

Just now, J*B said:

Happy to give them a week to turn this around, then I’ll panic. If JVH has decided to sign a new deal at Brighton I don’t want him at Rovers. We need commitment and longevity. 

If we get SVDB, Styles & another attacker next week then that will be good for me. Probably with another CB also.

1 minute ago, Miller11 said:

So despite everyone (fans and club employees alike, apparently) absolutely clamouring for him all summer, as soon as it’s confirmed Van Hecke isn’t coming the “We didn’t want him anyway” posts start.

Well I wish to God we’d had him this week!

And to everyone telling us to have patience, maybe have a word with the manager, sorry, head coach. His seems to be wearing very thin.

Someone on here said the other day that Van Hecke has serious family issues back at home. If this is true we’re better off with someone else. We don’t want him bailing out part way through the season.