BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

I know it's been a while not sure how realistic this is would very much like to go for Bristol City wonderkid Massengo played vs Cardiff today was absolutely immense contract runs out in the summer has refused to sign another good energy would be an excellent signing & at 24 loads of time to improve thoughts 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Nail on the head.  If we are lucky we will get one prem quality player through every 4-5 years. Probably a couple each year that are good enough to pad out a championship squad.  That's it. The rest will fall by the wayside or won't be good enough - unless we need emergency cover.  

Our under 21 team haven't won a game (or scored a goal) yet.  Probably because half of them are padding out the first team squad.

Hold on, I'd scrap the academy system tomorrow but as far as academies go ours is decent.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Brfcrule1 said:

I know it's been a while not sure how realistic this is would very much like to go for Bristol City wonderkid Massengo played vs Cardiff today was absolutely immense contract runs out in the summer has refused to sign another good energy would be an excellent signing & at 24 loads of time to improve thoughts 

He’s a class player… I mentioned him a fair few weeks ago. A Preston friend of mine says he was the best player he’s seen at dumpdale in a very long time…

It’s just not in our DNA to go out and source a player of his calibre…Wages I imagine would be a concern.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You are usually very keen to dismiss the idea of comparisons with other teams.

I suspect that supporters of the teams you mention are also frustrated with gaps in their squad and feel that they are costing us. Boro are near the bottom with their manager regularly bemoaning the inability to get deals done and Preston fans are very frustrated at their inability to bring in a striker and a right wing back.

The problem with us is that you can't directly compare with these examples. We lost loads of players in the summer and have only signed 3. This week, we have lost 2 games in which we were so short in one position that we keep having to play a 17 year old kid who isn't ready, which has impeded our ability to be competitive.

I have spoken about the championship transfers being slow in the last couple of weeks which is true if you look at transfers completed within that timeframe

Yes we lost some decent/good players but have upgrade on right back in Brittain for one. Just need to bring a couple in this week. Liverpool denying the Van Der Berg loan deal hasn't help us in terms of bringing in signings

8 minutes ago, Kcaj93 said:

You are talking about getting Prem players but we dint have the wages for that. Our wage structure is bottom end championship and league 1. European deals are more difficult to do due to work permits. We can't just keep loaning young premier league players as we will continue to be in the same position every window. 

I am talking about Van Der Berg from Liverpool, Matt Clarke from Brighton and Matty Longstaff from Newcastle. Clarke and Longstaff are out of contract in summer 2023. I don't know how much they are on wages wise but hopefully we can afford them. 

Yes I am fully aware of the work permit situation with European deals but there is plenty of players we can sign. Here is 1 centre back, 1 midfielder and 1 striker. All 3 qualify for work permit and wouldn't need an appeal process. 

Centre back - Ismael Kandouss from Royale Union Saint Gilloise. contract ends in summer 2023. Maybe 1 to 1.5 million pounds. 

Centre midfielder - Erdal Rakip from Malmo. contract ends in 4 months. Would cost very little

Striker - Dante Vanzeir from Royale Union Saint Gilloise. contract ends in 2024. Might cost 3 to 4 million. 

This is from a quick search and Rovers scout players from all over the world using tools like wyscout, etc. So they would have better ideas on players they can sign and scout them in more detail than I can since I am not pro scout or have any interest in working in Football. 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have spoken about the championship transfers being slow in the last couple of weeks which is true if you look at transfers completed within that timeframe

Yes we lost some decent/good players but have upgrade on right back in Brittain for one. Just need to bring a couple in this week. Liverpool denying the Van Der Berg loan deal hasn't help us in terms of bringing in signings

I am talking about Van Der Berg from Liverpool, Matt Clarke from Brighton and Matty Longstaff from Newcastle. Clarke and Longstaff are out of contract in summer 2023. I don't know how much they are on wages wise but hopefully we can afford them. 

Yes I am fully aware of the work permit situation with European deals but there is plenty of players we can sign. Here is 1 centre back, 1 midfielder and 1 striker. All 3 qualify for work permit and wouldn't need an appeal process. 

Centre back - Ismael Kandouss from Royale Union Saint Gilloise. contract ends in summer 2023. Maybe 1 to 1.5 million pounds. 

Centre midfielder - Erdal Rakip from Malmo. contract ends in 4 months. Would cost very little

Striker - Dante Vanzeir from Royale Union Saint Gilloise. contract ends in 2024. Might cost 3 to 4 million. 

This is from a quick search and Rovers scout players from all over the world using tools like wyscout, etc. So they would have better ideas on players they can sign and scout them in more detail than I can since I am not pro scout or have any interest in working in Football. 

Think possibly some of the prem ones mentioned dither than van den berg maybe out of our wage structure. But the European options you mentioned are certainly worth considering. Not necessarily them players as such but like you said the scouts should have their own knowledge in this area of who to get and the achievability.

22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We need to bring in at least 4 next week - the window closes the week after!

Someone has to be held to account for this shambles and Waggott would be a very short priced favourite.

13 minutes ago, booth said:

Still not signed anyone yet? After the disaster that was last week?

Oh dear.

Second place, sign fuck all. First place, sign fuck all.

Venkys really couldn't give a flying one could they.

Ideally, you sign players from a position of strength - you are flying and players want to join.  You are struggling and it's desperado time and other clubs and players know it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Can we find a Mitrovic type of striker in serbia maybe? I know JDT and Malmoe had good contacts down there..

Seems like we couldn’t find a Mitrovic type player in Mitrovic’s house on his day off at the moment 🤣

• Like 2

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Ken Furphy signed players like there was no tomorrow back when we needed a new team in the early 1970’s. Didn’t he sign Bobby Bell for £20k and sell him 3 weeks later for £55k ?

The centre half who dropped out injured the morning of a match after cricking his neck while washing his hair?

Furphy revamped the whole squad because it needed it. We're almost at that stage now

3 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

The centre half who dropped out injured the morning of a match after cricking his neck while washing his hair?

Furphy revamped the whole squad because it needed it. We're almost at that stage now

Sounds like him. Furphy must have seen the light because after Bell joined Palace for big bucks he hardly played for them !

5 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Worth recalling that it was the following season before he had pulled together a decent team, but still not good enough to go up. There is a similar feel to the fresh air of Furphy and JDT replacing the washed up Quigley and Mowbray.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Dan-Axel Zagadou

Jason Denayer

Michael Hector

Yoann Barbet

Mamadou Diarra

Naby Sarr

Defenders available on a free.

All on way big contracts. Denayer was on 40k a week at Lyon 😂. Hector reportedly 25/30k a lot of these guys are ouf of the budget Rovers want to offer move on.