BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

14 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Make or break for GB this week. Nervous/excited…Hopefully a few surprises through the door.

We need 5, I think we will see 3 come September 1st.

It 's been make or break for the last 4 or 5 weeks and nothing has happened, I'm not sure why it's more likely anyone will arrive this week than previously.

In fact it seems pretty obvious we're floundering in terms of getting the players we want in so the later in the window it gets, the less likely it will be that we land the players we were originally targeting and more likely we have to look at alternatives.

Anyone get the feeling it's going to get to deadline day and nothings happened yet, SVDB joins Burnley instead..JpvH is a star for Sunderland, Ayala gets injured for months, Venkys turn off their phones and fax machines, nobody signs..JDT resigns? 

Or are my worse nightmares just me being nervous due to whats happend before..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Anyone get the feeling it's going to get to deadline day and nothings happened yet, SVDB joins Burnley instead..JpvH is a star for Sunderland, Ayala gets injured for months, Venkys turn off their phones and fax machines, nobody signs..JDT resigns? 

Or are my worse nightmares just me being nervous due to whats happend before..

Don't be daft.

Diaz goes to Leeds an hour before the deadline too.

25 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It 's been make or break for the last 4 or 5 weeks and nothing has happened, I'm not sure why it's more likely anyone will arrive this week than previously.

In fact it seems pretty obvious we're floundering in terms of getting the players we want in so the later in the window it gets, the less likely it will be that we land the players we were originally targeting and more likely we have to look at alternatives.

Just trying to be positive…

• Like 1

From Rich Sharpe today, bit of better news on injury front :

Scott Wharton remains out with a hamstring problem and has now missed three Championship fixtures.

The hope is that the 24-year-old will resume training this week and be fit for the Stoke City game on Saturday.

A further defensive boost is set to come in the form of Hayden Carter.

Carter hasn’t featured since pre-season because of a hamstring issue but has been back in light training.

That will be stepped up this week, but the cup tie may come too soon, leaving Tomasson with a head-counting exercise as to who features in the second round tie.

Edited by Tugayisgod
  • Like 1

• Backroom
6 hours ago, J*B said:

RE why I’m not sure on another central defender, we already have four to keep happy and give game time.

There’s dangers - Ayala gets injured, Carter is unproven at this level, Phillips is a kid… but if you’re signing a fifth that means when all are fit, you’ve got three centre backs not playing.

I think we’re invested in Carter now, Pompy loved him in League One, so for me he’s earnt his right to be behind Ayala and Wharton. If we don’t tell Phillips he’s around the first team squad then he may as well sign for Spurs, that’s our trump card. 

So who do we bring in? Sepp, who’s clearly a good player, but we can’t guarantee him any games and signing him would stop the progress of our own two youngsters, Carter and Phillips. 

Yes, if we can somehow sign JVH - or similar - I think we make an allowance for that as he would instantly become our first choice Centre back. 

I guess what I’m saying is we’re in a tricky position at centre half and whilst I’m not against signing a new one, for me it’s only worth signing either 1) a stand out, first choice centre back or 2) a Loanee happy to play occasionally and be behind Carter at least and Phillips potentially as well. 

Personally think for 2 centre backs in a system that relies on intensity, you need 5 ready to play, so that two are ready on the bench for replacement or any switch to a 3.

Also in the event of injury/suspension pile-up, there should always be 2 ready to start.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers have no interest in Styles or Bowler

Screenshot (59).png

Probably an indication that we can't afford them.  

If JDT genuinely wants Berget and the club are blocking that at a fee of £200k then we really are up shit creek.   

He's not a signing that fills me with any confidence but if he can cover a number of positions, is cheap and the manager thinks he can do a job (maybe in the same way Bennettt did for Mowbray) then at that money, the deal should have been done already.  

I think we will get 4 players, all young loans. No more  permanent signings and no experience.

Oh- and we'll definitely get a sob story from 'Ask Greg' when he finally has the balls to front up for an interview. 

57 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Personally think for 2 centre backs in a system that relies on intensity, you need 5 ready to play, so that two are ready on the bench for replacement or any switch to a 3.

Also in the event of injury/suspension pile-up, there should always be 2 ready to start.

Where do you reckon the new one fits in Mike? I’ve put below the centre backs in the order I would pick them, where does the new one fit in for you? 

Ayala

Wharton

Carter

Phillips

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

'People in Sweden' 🤣

You mean this message board don't you Richard?

Quite shameless isn't he!

And he gets paid for nicking stuff off here as well. Nice work if you can get it.

Think he's wrong about us having no interest in Styles BTW.

It's obviously this at the moment

Ayala

Wharton

SVDB (if it happens)

Anyone with Championship or better experience (if it happens)

Carter

Phillips

If we want to play 3 at the back, there is no issue with bringing in 2 more CB's. I don't think we will for what it's worth but we should be doing.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, J*B said:

Where do you reckon the new one fits in Mike? I’ve put below the centre backs in the order I would pick them, where does the new one fit in for you? 

Ayala

Wharton

Carter

Phillips

Personally don't think Carter looks u0 to championship standard, i think he needs a year or 2 playing consistently in div1. 

Philips has huge potential but doesn't seem physically or mentally ready for playing weekly, but should be kept at the club to keep learning and making the odd cameo apearance

Ayala and wharton are the only 2 solid cb options we have at the club and both have patchy injury records 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Personally don't think Carter looks u0 to championship standard, i think he needs a year or 2 playing consistently in div1. 

Philips has huge potential but doesn't seem physically or mentally ready for playing weekly, but should be kept at the club to keep learning and making the odd cameo apearance

Ayala and wharton are the only 2 solid cb options we have at the club and both have patchy injury records 

One has patchy injury record, the other usually misses more games than he plays.