BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

14 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

We need 6 minimum. Although there are a couple of players we should be looking to sell. 

Everybody has different opinions on how many signings we need. Its all about quality signings and making sure our budget can stretch to bring in what we need. 

8 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Not entirely true.  Clubs may make offers, we can accept them. BBD  may refuse them obviously..but future clubs may be put off a player that isn't willing to be sold and will just run a contract down. 

Possibly, but he will have to decide whether the potential financial upside against that is a risk worth taking as regards his own career.

The point is, if he does decide to go down that route there's nothing we can do about it. The most we can do is freeze him out (which would be cutting off our nose to spite our face when the alternative is Sam Gallagher) and again that's a possibility BBD would have to take into consideration.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, J*B said:

If you’re happy to let a 7M investment leave on a free when he could be sold for 12-15M then I don’t really know what to say. 

Do you think Waggott and Pasha will let that happen?

If we don't replace him, which is @Revidge Blue's point, we'll go down if we sell him as our current squad is, I've no doubt.

We wouldn't score 50 goals this season if he left.

8 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Gregg has got some serious work to do to prevent this being the worst transfer window in Rovers history.

Not sure if that is strictly speaking the case in terms of arrivals through the door, but it is the transfer window where more needed to be done than ever before due to the negligence of Waggott and Mowbray and you have to say that so far the Club have  singularly failed to address it.

Edit: It's not like it's a surprise either. We've known for 18 months or more that the 3 amigos might not sign new deals and might need to be replaced and it must have been obvious since the early part of last season we'd need to up the ante considerably for BBD.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

image.png.4595c7d3e67c68c718ad80c06014f3e7.png

The Dack situation surely won’t be helping this. My understanding is Diaz & Dack are top mates if not best mates at the club. Freezing your best mate out of the team & playing inferior players in his place isn’t going to entice him to sign on the dotted line! 

• Backroom
2 hours ago, J*B said:

Where do you reckon the new one fits in Mike? I’ve put below the centre backs in the order I would pick them, where does the new one fit in for you? 

Ayala

Wharton

Carter

Phillips

Ayala

Wharton

New Guy (or higher, depending on ability)

Phillips

Carter (only because I haven't yet seen him).

4 minutes ago, Finlay McKenna said:

Mowbray must've been an absolute miracle worker then considering that by this point last year we'd only signed Leighton Clarkson and lost just as much

We hadn't lost three permanent first teamers of the calibre of DL, RN and JR at this point last year though.

(Edit: Plus JPVH and to a lesser extent Khedra)

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not sure if that is strictly speaking the case in terms of arrivals through the door, but it is the transfer window where more needed to be done than ever before due to the negligence of Waggott and Mowbray and you have to say that so far the Club have  singularly failed to address it.

Edit: It's not like it's a surprise either. We've known for 18 months or more that the 3 amigos might not sign new deals and might need to be replaced and it must have been obvious since the early part of last season we'd need to up the ante considerably for BBD.

Only in the world of Venkys would we appoint the likes of Broughton, who seems to have an affliction to talking in the media and to players agents. Hope he doesn’t tell us he works for nothing next and sleeps at the training ground. If we sign his son, I am ruining for the hills. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That has to be absolute nonsense surely. What's the point from the Club's  point of view of allowing him to sign a deal that lets him move out on loan at more or less any given point?

Because if he moves whilst contracted we will get a fee. If he isn't contracted we will get an amount settled by a tribunal, probably next to nothing.

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

As others have said, depends on whether JDT wants to play 2 or 3cb.  

Wharton and Ayala have done nothing wrong this season so should keep the shirt initially, regardless of who comes in. Carter should be cover.  The young lad should be 5th choice.  Should still get a few games or more if we play with a 3. Don't need 2 centrebacks coming in  IMO. 

Looking at or defence I think I'd be going for 3 at the back.

Conspiracy theory time. Anyone reckon Dack's card is marked because they want his wages off the books?

He must be top earner with Ayala by some distance. They can't get rid of Ayala and he's out of contract soon anyway so not too much to worry about there. Can't imagine, given the drive to cut wages, that Dack's are sitting particularly well with those running the show.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Conspiracy theory time. Anyone reckon Dack's card is marked because they want his wages off the books?

He must be top earner with Ayala by some distance. They can't get rid of Ayala and he's out of contract soon anyway so not too much to worry about there. Can't imagine, given the drive to cut wages, that Dack's are sitting particularly well with those running the show.

Won't get any fee for Dack till he can prove his fitness.

9 minutes ago, DE. said:

Tbf the Armstrong departure would have been a disaster if Brereton hadn't stepped up, as we didn't replace him. Not sure there's anybody waiting in the wings now to bail us out if BBD is sold.

Nar, there won't be a repeat of that happening with the players at our disposal.

If he leaves and is not replaced, we're royally screwed.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

He's out of contract next summer as well isn't he?  Although I think the club have a year option.