BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

8 minutes ago, JHRover said:

JP Van Hecke

Ryan Nyambe

Darragh Lenihan

Ryan Giles

Zeefuik

Jacob Davenport

Brad Johnson

Joe Rothwell

Reda Khadra

Ian Poveda

Harry Chapman

Tyler Magloire

James Brown

The combined contribution of Zeefuik, Davenport, Poveda, Chapman, Magloire and Brown was minimal so it's really a loss of 7 who actually contributed. We've signed 3, had Carter back on loan , have Dack and Markinday hopefully fit now to contribute in a meaningful way and have young players coming through so the reduction in quality is nothing like what some are saying.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-transfer-admission-tomasson-24823443

''First of all, it is understandable, if I was a supporter as well, I would be going crazy," Tomasson admitted. "If you count the number of players we lost who played minutes last season, 12 left and three have come in.''

Somebody jokingly said on here that JDT had been reading brfcs, after one of his recent interviews. Just a hunch, but it might not be a joke after all.

He knows how the fans are feeling anyway, and it seems like he shares some of our frustrations too.

It's strange how JDT understands why fans might be "going crazy", yet a supporter, who usually backs what the hierarchy says, is calling for calm and patience.

It's clear what JDT is trying to say @chaddyrovers

The way it's looking, I can see him walking soon. There is no way the Academy man delivers 6 quality players. No chance. He's out of his depth, IMO.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

The combined contribution of Zeefuik, Davenport, Poveda, Chapman, Magloire and Brown was minimal so it's really a loss of 7 who actually contributed. We've signed 3, had Carter back on loan , have Dack and Markinday hopefully fit now to contribute in a meaningful way and have young players coming through so the reduction in quality is nothing like what some are saying.

So we still need replacements for....

JPVH

Lenihan

Giles

Johnson

Rothwell

Khadra

...just to stand still from last season

• Like 2

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

I appreciate Poveda, Chapman, Magloire and Brown did nothing - but Zeefuik and Davenport did have a role to play within the squad and Poveda was intended to have a role. If our squad had Brittain, Zeefuik and JRC I'd say we're covered at right back. With just Brittain and JRC I'm terrified Brittain gets injured. 

Dack played for us towards the end of last year, I expect he will have a like for like contribution this year. 

Markanday is a direct replacement for one of Poveda or Chapman. 

From the list I think the below need genuine replacements:

JP Van Hecke - replaced with Carter

Ryan Nyambe - replaced with Brittain

Darragh Lenihan - not yet replaced

Ryan Giles - not yet replaced

Zeefuik - not yet replaced

Jacob Davenport - replaced with Garrett? 

Brad Johnson - replaced with Wharton - although I don't think this is a good like for like replacement, Johnson offered us physicality to cover Travis/Davenport

Joe Rothwell - replaced with Morton

Reda Khadra - was going to say replaced with Sammie, but they're two very different players

Ian Poveda - didn't contribute last year... but that was because of injury, the intention was for him to be in the squad and we must not lose sight of this. Replaced with Markanday.

Harry Chapman - didn't contribute last year

Tyler Magloire - didn't contribute last year

James Brown - didn't contribute last year 

Based on the above, I think if it was like for like (which it isn't) the squad is missing...

CB (Lenihan replacement)

Left Back / Left Wing Back / Left Winger (Giles replacement)

Right Back (Zeefuik replacement)

Central Midfielder (Johnson replacement)

Winger (Khadra replacement)

We've signed competition in number 10, which we didn't use hardly at all last year and Markanday has replaced Poveda.

If any of this doesn't make sense its because I've just been told United fans are blocking the coaches from coming to Old Trafford and I work next door, so I need to beat the traffic...

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-transfer-admission-tomasson-24823443

''First of all, it is understandable, if I was a supporter as well, I would be going crazy," Tomasson admitted. "If you count the number of players we lost who played minutes last season, 12 left and three have come in.''

Thread title change? I think a bit is understating it now

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Markanday and Dack were part of last year's squad- injured or not.

Zeefuik, Poveda and Davenport were around the first team (bench) when fit.

Van Hecke 

Khadra

Giles 

Bradley Johnson

Lennihan

Nyambe

Rothwell 

Were all involved in the match day squads when available.

We've signed 3 and one of those is a 19 yr old.

The Szmodic signing looks more bizarre by the day.  It was pretty much the one position we have cover for. 

2 hours ago, J*B said:

There’s plenty they can do - they can either offer him the contract earlier or sell him before we’re in a position where he can sign for a foreign club for free in circa 4 months. 

What bit don't you understand?

We CAN'T sell him if he doesn't want to leave!!!!

The situation you describe above is what SHOULD have happened 12-18 months ago but that ship has well and truly sailed.

26 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

That's not how it works though. Whilst their contributions last season may have been minimal they were still for the most part experienced players who could fill up the bench and be called upon if we got really short or ran out of options. Now we don't have that. We have a decent XI when all fit and nothing else. Our problem now is 1-2 injuries or suspensions and we are knackered - knackered in that we literally have no alternatives - as the side at Bradford tomorrow will highlight in defence. Last year we could have called upon alternatives, now we cannot.

Markinday is a complete unknown for us and from what I've seen to date could quite easily end up in a similar category to Davenport and Chapman.

The squad is a lot weaker now than it was last season. We're 9 down on numbers so need a minimum of 4 - and 4 good ones - to fill that void.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

What bit don't you understand?

We CAN'T sell him if he doesn't want to leave!!!!

The situation you describe above is what SHOULD have happened 12-18 months ago but that ship has well and truly sailed.

It depends who’s interested. There’s no way Ben is going to turn down all of Everton/Southampton/West Ham/Brighton/Leeds/Nice/Sevilla/Villarreal. 
Get on the phone Gregg, offer him around…

2 hours ago, J*B said:

As I've championed repeatedly for years now, much like our 'wage structure' policy I would have a 'contract negotiations start 2 years before the end of your contract - if you haven't signed with 18 months left we will actively try to sell you' policy. Regardless of the player. 

That sort of thing  does indeed need to be implemented, either that or or be rather more flexible with the wage structure.

I think Sammie has replaced Rothwell in the squad simply because Buckley has dropped back and he's gone in there, sort of.

Investing possibly two million in him would suggest he's going to be a regular not a squaddie.

• Like 1

Beyond a joke now….

.I’m convinced JDT is regretting his decision to come to Ewood….no backing, no confidence in “ the men upstairs “ , no squad depth, no development / confidence in Markanday, no fitness in Dack….no chance to do anything with this threadbare, inexperienced, lightweight squad ..

The only thing he has is the support of the fan base…but how those numbers through the turnstiles will dwindle at a rapid rate unless we get players through the door…the bubble has well and truly burst ..boys doing the jobs  of men on the pitch….and a collection of incompetent men doing the jobs “ men “ of it ….

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, J*B said:

It depends who’s interested. There’s no way Ben is going to turn down all of Everton/Southampton/West Ham/Brighton/Leeds/Nice/Sevilla/Villarreal. 
Get on the phone Gregg, offer him around…

It will depend I suppose on how much extra he can personally trouser by waiting until the summer.

If I were any of those Clubs though and GB was ringing me up trying to desperately offload BBD like a pimp offering out his girl for half price quickies on Bank Top then I'd be thinking "Hold on he's desperate here" and wouldn't be offering anything like what we want - as is the case currently seemingly. 

Genuine question - at what price does it become NOT worth selling him? Given his value to the team and the lack of other options and our inability to get anyone else of any description in, that price is (ignoring add ons)  £15m this window and £10m next imo.

I'm not sure your strategy would be applauded by the owners either who we keep being told are fairly steadfast on their valuation on him. I think there is a lot of merit in them refusing to be pushed around in the transfer market, at the end of the day it allowed us to get a reasonable fee for AA in the circumstances. The fault at the end of the day lies not with them but with Waggott and Mowbray who failed to get all the Club's key assets tied down. The owners  hire people and pay them handsomely to sort stuff like this out for them.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

12 minutes ago, Dolly blue said:

Beyond a joke now….

.I’m convinced JDT is regretting his decision to come to Ewood….no backing, no confidence in “ the men upstairs “ , no squad depth, no development / confidence in Markanday, no fitness in Dack….no chance to do anything with this threadbare, inexperienced, lightweight squad ..

The only thing he has is the support of the fan base…but how those numbers through the turnstiles will dwindle at a rapid rate unless we get players through the door…the bubble has well and truly burst ..boys doing the jobs  of men on the pitch….and a collection of incompetent men doing the jobs “ men “ of it ….

You certainly do worry if he will wonder whether all this is worth being away from his family for in the long run whilst those around him blunder around from one missed target to the next.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It will depend I suppose on how much extra he can personally trouser by waiting until the summer.

If I were any of those Clubs though and GB was ringing me up trying to desperately offload BBD like a pimp offering out his girl for half price quickies on Bank Top then I'd be thinking "Hold on he's desperate here" and wouldn't be offering anything like what we want - as is the case currently seemingly. 

Genuine question - at what price does it become NOT worth selling him? Given his value to the team and the lack of other options and our inability to get anyone else of any description in, that price is (ignoring add ons)  £15m this window and £10m next imo.

I'm not sure your strategy would be applauded by the owners either who we keep being told are fairly steadfast on their valuation on him. I think there is a lot of merit in them refusing to be pushed around in the transfer market, at the end of the day it allowed us to get a reasonable fee for AA in the circumstances. The fault at the end of the day lies not with them but with Waggott and Mowbray who failed to get all the Club's key assets tied down. They hire people to sort stuff like this out for them.

I’d take 10M for him now if we could spend the proceeds. Better than nothing this time next year and nothing to replace him with. Your approach has Dolan replacing him this time next year and Sparks having a rage induced heart attack, is that what you want?!

I couldn’t give a toss what the owners want, I’d walk the second they interfered. 

That Lancs Live article was JDT speaking to the fanbase and I sense a widening rift between him and the DoF.

It can't be any fun being the front man for a cockup, transfers and recruitment, over which you actually have no control and when the DoF is in hiding.

However JDT is only a couple of months in to a 3 year contract so it would be silly for him to walk soon. Better he stays and outs the academy imposter.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Blame Venkys for taking no interest & not to hold people to account …. The people behind the scenes are shocking all talk & in it to build there profiles & references ……

it’s shocking leaving the head coach all alone to face the same questions & then themselves say they will talk about it for 30 mins on first week of September…. JDT said we are one when he first walked into the club ….

Waggot got GB to cover his ass & this new guy has shut up shop … I don’t mind being told there is no money but at least say it …..shocking window 

There is not one player who can unlock the opposition defence ….never mind the defence problem we have …..

Out of interest is this opinion or what you’ve been told? 

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

JP Van Hecke

Ryan Nyambe

Darragh Lenihan

Ryan Giles

Zeefuik

Jacob Davenport

Brad Johnson

Joe Rothwell

Reda Khadra

Ian Poveda

Harry Chapman

Tyler Magloire

James Brown

At least 4 of the 12 departures will be covered by U23 players such as Phillips, Carter and A Wharton stepping up.