BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

It's crucial that we figure out a signing or two BEFORE BBD goes, not after.

The bidding scenario's were in now will inflate 20% once clubs know we're £20m richer (minus %), just like ours should do with Everton post Gordon and £60m.

Van Hecke for £6m today will be £8m-£10m tomorrow if Diaz leaves. Brereton today is £15m, but we'll be asking Everton for £20m once they sell Gordon.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

For the best for all parties. Let’s see how Gregg reacts, I imagine his success at Rovers could be determined by the next 9(?) days..

Yup, wonder if we'll go for Bowler now, and that Malmö LW?? 

Funny how Gregg said signings weren't dependant on Brereton sale. 

Seems very much like every signing is now dependant on his sale.

5 minutes ago, J*B said:

For the best for all parties. Let’s see how Gregg reacts, I imagine his success at Rovers could be determined by the next 9(?) days..

Didn’t realise how close it was till the end of the window….. Fuck. 

Good move for Brereton I'd say. Stays in the North West, good chance of getting game time and if he does really well, bigger clubs will circle. 

If he goes, I think he'll go for around  £12.5 mil plus add ons.   

Broughton  made a big deal about our budget not being dependent on Brereton going.  That tells me we won't be seeing any of it reinvested.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Won't we? 

Like for like, probably not, but it's a squad game. If we could bring in better players than Vale, Gallagher, Dolan and Markanday with the proceeds it's a net win.

We need to get this piece of business done now.

I was meaning from a time perspective, we have only manged to get 3 deals over the line so far and we need a good 3/4 more and that's before we consider replacing BBD. 

4/5 players in 8 days seems unlikely.

2 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Good move for Brereton I'd say. Stays in the North West, good chance of getting game time and if he does really well, bigger clubs will circle. 

If he goes, I think he'll go for around  £12.5 mil plus add ons.   

Broughton  made a big deal about our budget not being dependent on Brereton going.  That tells me we won't be seeing any of it reinvested.

Venky's have supposedly set the price at £20m plus add-ons, so he's not going for less than it no matter what clubs offer.

• Like 1

Apparently Gordon doesn’t want to go to Chelsea anyway, but I don’t see the £60m player anyone else sees. Didn’t rate him watching him in the bits I have and think his style diving/shithousery is a huge negative. Can understand Everton wanting to cash in, but if Gordon’s a starter (as I believe) then BBD would be, as well.

Can only wish him well. He turned in a sub appearance at Bradford last night, no stropping in general and I’d like to see him do well, but no striker since Craig Bellamy has really kicked on after leaving us.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Butty said:

If it is to be done then so be it, there’s still time left in the window for us to spend some of it hopefully. Huge loss regardless when he goes, impossible to replace with one player, we need 4 or 5 in. 

C5B6D0AF-CAFF-412E-A97C-281DF198B7C5.png

Anyone subscribe who can post the article? I'm wondering what 'close in' actually means...could be just clickbait. 

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

If they are that rigid in their price of him, which is ultimately conjecture and nobody knows for sure, then they are idiots. Well we know they are, but it is reiterated.

I do wonder if there are any players at Everton we would be interested in to make up the numbers in part exchange.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Unless they meant no expensive signings either way.

If they dont already have a proper contingency plan in regards to BBD sale then fury will be well grounded. Ray Charles today could have seen this coming. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Gordon is a good player just like gibbs white. It’s the extortionate inflated fees that make people question how good they are that cast doubt and shadows on there performances. Abit like BBD

Obviously he’s good, but I suppose my point is I wouldn’t fancy him to bet 20 goals in half a season in the championship, not least in our side last season. I didn’t fancy Brereton either, but putting the players side-by-side, Everton get a better player now than what they have and Chelsea will have to wait to see if Gordon becomes excellent or turns out like Ross Barkley for them.

20 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I can’t see a world where Bowler joins us when Forest are allegedly interested. 

That Malmo LW is the straight forward guess, it would make sense. I think we would need two to replace him though, either another winger freeing up Gallagher to by a traditional #9 or a new striker. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J*B said:

I can’t see a world where Bowler joins us when Forest are allegedly interested. 

That Malmo LW is the straight forward guess, it would make sense. I think we would need two to replace him though, either another winger freeing up Gallagher to by a traditional #9 or a new striker. 

Yeah agreed, apparently we had the opportunity to sign Bowler early doors and fucked it up.

6 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Anyone subscribe who can post the article? I'm wondering what 'close in' actually means...could be just clickbait. 

Close is very relative and can be used by journalists with a great deal of ambiguousness depending on the relative impact of the event. A comet is considered close at 500,000 miles but a car coming within 3 feet of you is also close. So in regards to us losing our best player "close" could well mean many miles away.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, phili said:

Venky's have supposedly set the price at £20m plus add-ons, so he's not going for less than it no matter what clubs offer.

I'm not getting at you, @philibut what does this actually mean?

Does it mean you're guessing (hoping? praying?!) that Venky's have set £20 million + add-ons as a sum below which, they won't sanction BBD's sale? Or that you've read someone who claims to be in the know - but of course can't reveal their sources - has said it.

Time for all similar statements to be treated with a lot of doubt, methinks. What'll happen will happen, whether or not we speculate about it.