BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

10 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Honestly we are fucked.

7 days and absolutely nothing on the horizon.

6 signings needed.

I've tried being "patience" - but i'm starting to think the same tbh!

In the 6/7 days left of the window we also have a weekend in there, and a mid-week match - days of which we normally do sod all in terms of transfers. So it's more like 3/4 days.

BBD is also quite likely to leave now, we'll be left with little (or no) time to replace him.

We're in for a very tough season.

Edited by TheRevAshton

I was impressed by what Gregg had to say when he first arrived but I have been a bit disappointed since. Not only has he been silent but our signings have been predictable, by that I mean there hasn’t been much exaggeration.

He’s in a predicament now where if we l  lose BBD and  don’t get 4/5 quality players in, he can only be looked at as a failure.

Hope I’m wrong and he has some surprises up his sleeve…….I’m not sure.

• Like 2

We have now recruited a replacement lifeboat for the one we thought we could loan.

It needs a bit of work and a work permit as it's currently beached,allegedly, somewhere on the Indian coast.

It may be useable by the end of this window. It may not.

Waggott and Broughton have already reserved seats.

images.jpeg

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

6 now is it 😅😅😅

Yeah based on 2, 3-0 batterings where we offered absolutely nothing.

Pickering replacing

Ayala backup

Phillips out on loan - new CB

1 CM

Gallagher replacing

Brereton replacing

Armstrong replacement (will that ever come)

New Winger

Brittain backup

I LIED WE NEED 10 SIGNINGS MINIMUM 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kcaj93 said:

There has been plenty of good quality free agents that have been made available which he have bizzarley not gone for. Alot of them also have key experience not only at premier league level but this level. Yet we are holding out hope Liverpool will allow us a player to leave when there is no guarantee they will.

You have continually said quality players will come available later on and cheap which I agree. You have also said that not many other teams have done business. Therefore we will be in competition with those players to get these cheap decent signings and not be able to offer the wages or possibly transfer fee that others in this league can. That is my worry about leaving it last minute.

Pure boosterism from Chaddy. If you walk around with a grin on your face everything will be alright!

1 hour ago, TheRevAshton said:

Apparently Everton have offered just £12m for BBD, the cheeky little devils.

Alan Myers sent a tweet out about him and I said Venkys seem to be holding out for £20million. He replied to say he can't see him being sold for that much. He did then acknowledge that Venky's do tend to hold out for whatever the figure is.

26 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Honestly we are fucked.

7 days and absolutely nothing on the horizon.

6 signings needed.

If rumours are to be believed we could have all 6 ready to sign but the signings would not be approved by Venks till a week after the window closes   So, we are stuffed  We will NOT get Van anyone either.

2 minutes ago, USABlue said:

If rumours are to be believed we could have all 6 ready to sign but the signings would not be approved by Venks till a week after the window closes   So, we are stuffed  We will NOT get Van anyone either.

That would be funny.

I mean, they've only had 11 years to figure this shit out and to get used to the 'business cycle' associated with 'their fooking baby'.

Really hoping the rumour mill has got it wrong on this one, USA 😉

6 minutes ago, phili said:

We really need a new signing today to calm everyone down I really expected one of the two Vans to have signed this week by now.

Van den berg will be the day before or on the day if it goes ahead. Van hecke unless he doesn't sign a contract and we can get him permanently that won't happen I don't think.

34 minutes ago, phili said:

We really need a new signing today to calm everyone down I really expected one of the two Vans to have signed this week by now.

The Van is at Kwik Fit at the minute, having new tyres and an exhaust fitted. The slight problem is, it is the branch in Pune and they are known as slow fit there.

11 minutes ago, R0verb0y said:

We're Rovers fans in the Venky era; it's in our DNA.

Yeah, but it isn't "us", it's "them".

I think we have a right to expect that our 150 year old club is administered and run properly...that it is ready and prepared for the beginning of a season...and that the purpose of our club is to win games and try to gain promotion etc.

Who wants to be Blackburn Alexandra?! "Proh-jekt", my arse!

My pitchfork is out of the shed and leaning against the back wall..

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 4

Venky's are doing exactly what they said at the beginning when they bought us - loan players and an academy pipeline.

This crap advice came from the same nefarious advisors who forgot to tell them that relegation was a real thing before sacking Big Sam.

They're crazy buggers who know nowt about football, the club or the passion of it's supporters. They keep twyning the handle every year, money in and expecting success to drop out the back of the machine.

For as long as they are in charge, as well intentioned or as decent human beings they may be, we will remain in this perpetual groundhog day.

I believe in the current management team and DoF but with Crazy Horse Bala in charge nothing will ever change  they just don't have it in them to learn.

What this means for us is perpetual stasis. This message board will contain the same discussions every window, we will end up with new loanees and kids just as declared at the beginning as being the recipe for success.

Dear Bala, IT ISN'T!!!!

Bloody depressing.

• Like 5

5/6 players needed with less than a week to go AND our star player will prob need replacing too. The only rumours I'm reading about are us wanting the two Vans. 

Hard to underestimate how vital the next 7 days our for our whole season. As things stand, we're bottom 8 - and that's with BBD. Take out BBD and we're relegation candidates. 

• Like 1