BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

2 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

They're not being asked to constantly boss a midfield - we're 6 games in and this is Wharton's first appearance. Garrett has yet to play in the league. They're rightly being drip-fed in. 

We genuinely have much bigger problems than the 5 (6 if you include Edun, but realistically he should be sold) CMs we have on the books. 

The fact we've had to use them (and 19 yr old Morton) at all in the first 6 games shows how weak we are in that area! 

I think we have issues all over the squad, midfield is just one of them. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

The fact we've had to use them (and 19 yr old Morton) at all in the first 6 games shows how weak we are in that area! 

I think we have issues all over the squad, midfield is just one of them. 

Kids can come into the team and look good initially because they are playing on pure adrenalin. When that wears off as it will eventually they can start to struggle. We can’t rely on teenagers being able to perform to a high standard twice a week. Pro football  isn’t like that.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Kids can come into the team and look good initially because they are playing on pure adrenalin. When that wears off as it will eventually they can start to struggle. We can’t rely on teenagers being able to perform to a high standard twice a week. Pro football  isn’t like that.

Wharton is a different class though. I saw a few people say he was a special talent and I see what they mean.

• Like 2

I think Brittain and Pickering don't overly concern me if they could play every minute but we are an injury away from having to use 2 very poor back ups as we saw today on the right. There are too many areas whereby an injury would cause a major issue, when Travis was down again it would have been such a blow with all of our other central midfielders being young and lightweight.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think Brittain and Pickering don't overly concern me if they could play every minute but we are an injury away from having to use 2 very poor back ups as we saw today on the right. There are too many areas whereby an injury would cause a major issue, when Travis was down again it would have been such a blow with all of our other central midfielders being young and lightweight.

Brittain is fine, we need a new left back desperately. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We're not asking them to perform at a high standard twice a week.

2 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

I do feel sorry for JRC. 

Yes, he is slower than climate change, but he's clearly trying to do his best for the team by playing where asked, but it is to his detriment. He's also had a few injury shockers which can't have helped physically or psychologically.

He needs to (re) decide what his favoured position is, and ask to go to L1 to play there for the remainder of the season. 

Completely agree. Might seem trivial, but imagine being a left winger and seeing the fullback you are up against wearing the number 11 shirt. You’d fancy your chances before the whistle blew.

Ruining his career persisting with him at right back.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Completely agree. Might seem trivial, but imagine being a left winger and seeing the fullback you are up against wearing the number 11 shirt. You’d fancy your chances before the whistle blew.

Ruining his career persisting with him at right back.

Does he have any redeeming features that would make him useful out wide? I just think he isnt very good in general.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Spankus Munky said:

However we are 4th even with the last 2 results...

Anyway, we didn't have Hyam then either! But hey I guess only you can jump to conclusions early 🤪

Remember we were 2nd in January!

Edited by 47er

27 minutes ago, pick32 said:

People forget how bad Bell was, Pickering is a massive upgrade. Bell was a failed winger who couldn’t tackle.

It's the BRFCS way, make out current players are shitter than they are and absolute cranks that have left were decent.

4 minutes ago, Gav said:

Football doesn't close down on weekends and bank holidays Ossy, plenty of clubs are training today, buying players, doing deals, as should we be doing.

But then again you could right, apathy reigns supreme at Ewood these days, maybe everyone's taking the weekend off, 3 loses on the bounce, we need a bit of time off to take stock.......

We had a game yesterday, our medical team attend games, they don't have the equipment to conduct a medical pitch side. It'll be sorted next few days FFS.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Swanson said:

Looks like Bjørkan will be going to Feyenoord, loan with an option to buy.

Dam Broughton probably still in bed !! If you snooze you loose …..hopefully he will get round to the left back problem in the next window ….