BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

22 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

If BBD was that close to being sold there is no way he would have played yesterday. More nonsense from Nixon.

I wonder if Nixons has found that £50m war chest Venkys promised......

I see above he's still an arrogant ***** 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, glen9mullan said:

Sharpe reporting Bastien Yanez a potential target

the work permit issues would make it not workable unless we signed him and loan him to club in Belgium where he could get the game time and points required.  

56 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

unless it a permanent deal I wouldn't want him back. Another loan is no good for us. 

38 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Another name I heard yesterday as one who we've looked at is George Hirst

Not sure he what we need. Sharpe mentions in his SVDB article that we are looking for a striker on loan with a view to permanent deal. 

I don't know much about George Hirst so can't comment but I wouldn't mind us looking at championship striker or a striker from Belgium or Germany. Someone who can play that Pressing number 9 role with goals is Hirst that player

If the George Hirst thing is real, then JDT/Broughton have identified the need for a focal point in attack, at least. Clear aerial threat and 100% a big, strong striker.

A big jump from L1 to Championship, but for everyone who wants that focal point, he’s an option.

10 minutes ago, J*B said:

I don’t think we need two centre backs. I trust Ayala, Phillips and Wharton and think Carter deserves his chance. I’ve no idea where we are playing them all. 

Some of them in the U23s like anyone else does then they are ready to step in when needed and they wlll be.

8 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

If the George Hirst thing is real, then JDT/Broughton have identified the need for a focal point in attack, at least. Clear aerial threat and 100% a big, strong striker.

A big jump from L1 to Championship, but for everyone who wants that focal point, he’s an option.

Looks exactly like the type of striker we need. Would complement the Attributes of the current crop. Comes with a risk, but seems a risk worth taking. 

19 minutes ago, J*B said:

I don’t think we need two centre backs. I trust Ayala, Phillips and Wharton and think Carter deserves his chance. I’ve no idea where we are playing them all. 

Completely agree. We only need 1 of either Van Hecke or Hyam. Hope the other 2 players brought in are in midfield and attack.

37 minutes ago, J*B said:

Back 3

I don’t even know where to start with that claptrap from Nixon but here goes:

1. If Hyam deal is contingent on a Diaz sale, why did we bid with money that we don’t yet have? Why did Mark Robins say he’d gone to Rovers just yesterday?

2. If Diaz was so close to going on Thursday as he claims, why did JDT say in his presser on Friday that nothing was close and why did he play yesterday?

Total tripe on so many fronts I think.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, JeffRover said:

I don’t even know where to start with that claptrap from Nixon but here goes:

1. If Hyam deal is contingent on a Diaz sale, why did we bid with money that we don’t yet have? Why did Mark Robins say he’d gone to Rovers just yesterday?

2. If Diaz was so close to going on Thursday as he claims, why did JDT say in his presser on Friday that nothing was close and why did he play yesterday?

Total tripe on so many fronts I think.

And Why is the bid accepted, but we Are looking to increase it. Charity? 

• Like 1