BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

7 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Pickering's OK without being wonderful. There's more pressing need for reinforcements in midfield and up front

He can't get up and down the flank like the 4-2-3-1 formation requires - heaven forbid they played him as a Wingback with 3 at the back. 

We need someone who can mirror what Brittain does on the other flank. 

• Like 1

Just now, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Brereton aside.

Anybody think we might have 1 or 2 senior players exit in the next few days? 

I got an inkling Dack might go if we bring another attacker in (maybe Mowbray will take him on at Sunderland if he gets that job) 

Cant currently think of another senior player that could leave with the squad as thin as it is, depends who comes in

Dack won't be going anywhere, however if a decent bid comes in for the likes of Gallagher i think we will take the money given he is s high earner and we can redistribute his salary to two players.

Out also Butterworth, Vale maybe on loan and Carter IF we sell BBD which triggers a perm move for Van Hecke.

Either way, a busy few days ahead in-between having a game too

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

a massive shite hole yeah....I know, i lived there for 3 years. 

For a city of going on half a million their crowds are pathetic but because they get a few more than us they think they are big time.

• Like 4

As much as I like him, I'm not sure we need JPvH, if the Liverpool Van arrives - leaves us with a bit of an abundance of CBs.

Which is crazy considering how dire things looked in that area just a week or so ago.

Even with a back 3, it means that Wharton would no longer be a starter, which would be very harsh.

If BBD does go, it's imperative that we bring somebody in from an attacking perspective.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Pickering's OK without being wonderful. There's more pressing need for reinforcements in midfield and up front

I think regardless of peoples opinion of pickering I think we still need more competion down the left

Oh!!! Edun I can see him possibly leaving.still don't know what his natural position is but either way I think  he's div1 standard

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

42 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Hyam sounds southern - perhaps he's not keen on being sent to darkest East Lancs

He was born in Leuchars in Scotland and has played for Scotland at under 19 and under 21 level. He did leave Scotland for southern England at 18 months though, hence the accent.

10 minutes ago, Andy said:

Agreed.

He's clearly struggling for confidence right now, but if we go with a back 5, he'll have more freedom down the left to get forward.

I feel that JDT likes him and sees him as coachable, so LB will not be a priority for us compared to other positions.

What like he did last season? He barely got a goal or an assist last season when he was part of a back 5, I dont see any reason why that would change. 

He isn't good enough as a left back or as a left wing back and we should look to improve, and he can cover that position as 2nd choice.

I also don't expect us to go with a back 5 either.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mercer said:

No.

Eddie Quig signed him from PNE for circa £50k and we sold him to Hull for circa £60k 2 or 3 years later for financial reasons and we got relegated (along with Bolton) to the old Third Division that season.  With Knighton in our team that would not have happened.

Started out playing left back at Wolves but with England international Bobby Thompson already being there he eventually went to Oldham. He moved into midfield there and within a season or two Preston signed him. We signed him from Preston.

13 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Dack won't be going anywhere, however if a decent bid comes in for the likes of Gallagher i think we will take the money given he is s high earner and we can redistribute his salary to two players.

Out also Butterworth, Vale maybe on loan and Carter IF we sell BBD which triggers a perm move for Van Hecke.

Either way, a busy few days ahead in-between having a game too

Agree, especially if Hirst comes in. Personally I'd accept any offer over 2mill for gallagher(if we sign hirst) but with the venks being the way they are they'd probably try demanding at least what we paid for him 😣

Really that certain on Dack? Ive nothing against him and still think even with the injuries he's had he still has more to offerbthan most... Just get the feeling Tomasson doesn't really see him in his plans though 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

2 minutes ago, LDRover said:

All well and good fleshing the squad out with defenders but the name of the game is putting the ball in the net. There's no goals in this side, it's a big worry.

if we play like we did in the 2nd half against stoke we will be fine,the goals will come,no more shite like that 1st half please,consign it to history,it`s the worst half of football since the spurs.sunderland games from the kean era

Does Butterworth want to be a professional footballer? I've never a player look so disinterested and unwilling to put in a shift that him. Butterworth needs to work on a factory production line for a while to show him what hard work is like - then he might realise how lucky he is. Vale needs to play in League 2 for a while to toughen him up

• Like 1

I wonder if we could tempt Rhodes to come back for a season or two - he's probably a bit slower than he was, but he'll never lose that striker's instinct.

I'd put money on him bagging both of those 2nd half chances that Dolan overthought on Saturday.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

If Old Tone takes over Sunderland then the very least he can do is bid 3 million for Gallagher and take his wages off our books.

He owes us that much after last seasons debacle after Christmas.

He can take Butterworth and one or two others with him. Sunderland and Mowbray appear the perfect fit - North East man, experienced Championship manager, available etc etc. They wouldn't would they? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Andy said:

I wonder if we could tempt Rhodes to come back for a season or two - he's probably a bit slower than he was, but he'll never lose that striker's instinct.

I'd put money on him bagging both of those 2nd half chances that Dolan overthought on Saturday.

Please no. His game is far too limited and most of the time he might as well not be on the field

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 6

45 minutes ago, JoeH said:

SVDB should get his media done tomorrow unless Liverpool shit the bed again... Think the 9-0 win has made them less scared of a PR disaster

Something you have heard or just a guess? Liverpool play Wednesday night so maybe they will keep him for the bench assuming Matip/Konate are still out, nothing to do with PR. We need him on Wednesday though presuming that Brittain doesnt recover.

43 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Scott Wharton, Sepp van den Berg, Daniel Ayala, Dominic Hyam, Hayden Carter and Ashley Phillips is probably the most solid of a central defensive pack we've had since relegation from the Premier League - overall. Allows us to play a 3 or a 4. Shame Van Hecke couldn't happen but we've absolutely addressed a major issue this window.

If we can't address the forward issue til Jan, so be it, but a solid £6.5m+ has been spent this window, which is definitely a step in the right direction based on previous years.

So be it? We cant just throw away half a season like that. We need attacking reinforcement now, not in January. May aswell forget the loan for Van Den Berg if we are so flippant about this season.

• Like 1