BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

Just now, Mike E said:

Or it benefits is to pay next summer rather than this.

(Beats head against brick wall)

In Hirst's cade, if he's out of contract at the end of the season,  we don't need to pay anything by then. He'll be a free agent!

I fully agree that in different circumstances where the player is still under contract the only advantage of entering into a loan with an obligation rather than an option to purchase is that you've already decided you definitelywant the player but can schedule the payments differe try for FFP purposes.

Just now, miqaayil said:

We really trying Barkley? ...is he a centre mid....?

There are rumours around that he is due to go to brockhole tomorrow. 

Wages will be the stumbling block but that could be bypassed with a signing on bonus

smells like a venky special to me. 

• Like 5

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

(Beats head against brick wall)

In Hirst's cade, if he's out of contract at the end of the season,  we don't need to pay anything by then. He'll be a free agent!

I fully agree that in different circumstances where the player is still under contract the only advantage of entering into a loan with an obligation rather than an option to purchase is that you've already decided you definitelywant the player but can schedule the payments differe try for FFP purposes.

Yes, he'd be free but also no way to guarantee he comes here.

9 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Read back what you're saying. He's a free agent at the end of the season but you're claiming we're entering into an agreement which would involve us paying Leicester a fee at that point out of the goodness of our hearts even though they no longer own him.

Think about it like this -

Leicester want a sale and are reluctant to loan him out due to potentially him leaving for nothing. Rovers don’t want to pay a fee now and want to work it into the finances for next season. 

Agreement reached on a loan to buy. Both parties are happy then.

it’s not rocket science.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, RVRVRS said:

There are rumours around that he is due to go to brockhole tomorrow. 

Wages will be the stumbling block but that could be bypassed with a signing on bonus

smells like a venky special to me. 

he must have been on 100+ grand a week at chelsea,can`t see him accepting us paying him 20 grand a week can you!!!

It's not Impossible for Barkley to come, but why would he specifically come to us? There are PL clubs, as well as other Championship clubs, who could pay him more. 

I'm surprised we weren't in for Hannibal Mejbiri

12 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

Think about it like this -

Leicester want a sale and are reluctant to loan him out due to potentially him leaving for nothing. Rovers don’t want to pay a fee now and want to work it into the finances for next season. 

Agreement reached on a loan to buy. Both parties are happy then.

it’s not rocket science.

Sharpe suggesting Hurst is resigning with Leicester before joining us on loan.

• Backroom

Barkley being linked to West Ham, Rangers, and even Newcastle on social media. Moyes has commented on him:

I don't know in which alternate universe he's rocking up at our training ground tomorrow. The Upside Down maybe. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Barkley, fuck me I've heard everything now, the most ridiculous rumour of the window by a stretch 

its so off the charts ..we should start a dedicated thread... 

"If Barkley signs...."

I'll shave my head and buy lottery 

• Like 4