BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

Just now, BRFC_Polky said:

Does the article state how much the bid was? 

Bloody pay-wall!

It doesn’t but the rumour in the press box this evening is it’s the asking price (whatever that is) with add ons included. 

37 minutes ago, Galz said:

Any lip readers in this group. What did JDT say to Bowler at the end ? Didn’t seem like the first time they had chatted

It really did, I’ve seen the clip back, they just cross paths momentarily and that’s it. Literally nothing in the clip at all.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

No, we won't think it's worth giving Phillips and Wharton £10 k p.w.

We won't want to upset the rest of the lads and will be happy to watch another £115m worth of talent walk out of the door.

That's the thing. It's one thing losing Nyambe and Lenihan but we've got some serious talent on our hands in those two players. We need to be switched on with their contracts, from a business point of view its tens of millions that could walk on a free if not - rather than the 1m it took to upgrade Nyambe

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

That's the thing. It's one thing losing Nyambe and Lenihan but we've got some serious talent on our hands in those two players. We need to be switched on with their contracts, from a business point of view its tens of millions that could walk on a free if not - rather than the 1m it took to upgrade Nyambe

We have A Wharton under contract through to 2024 with option for a further 12 months fortunately!

Hopefully Phillips follows suit in the coming weeks...

Edited by jones_rover
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

No, we won't think it's worth giving Phillips and Wharton £10 k p.w.

We won't want to upset the rest of the lads and will be happy to watch another £115m worth of talent walk out of the door.

Announcing contracts for those two would make for a good transfer deadline day.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Andy said:

For 15 minutes, in one match, then abandoned when it clearly (obviously) didn't work - always makes me chuckle when this gets bandied about like it's something he did more than once 😅

No. It was the entire first half until, if rumours are to be believed, the players told him it was bonkers at half time.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Why so much interest in Callum Styles on here? I'll admit I've never seen him play but his career stats aren't particularly impressive and do we really want/need another 5'6 player? (unless he's absolutely class!) I just think we're missing  someone more physically dominant in midfield... A real bastard of a player!

Not really knocking Styles as a player though, could be a brilliant little player 🤷‍♀️

He'd replace Pickering, but he can play midfield. He was played fullback when Barnsley got to the play offs.

5 minutes ago, Hasta said:

No. It was the entire first half until, if rumours are to be believed, the players told him it was bonkers at half time.

I was there for that game (Derby) and, without checking back, I'm sure we shuffled around halfway through the first half - and put Johnson further forward.

Clear disaster, was never going to work.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why am I not surprised by this news?

Well, I might be in a minority of one on this but I hope the owners demonstrate their financial clout and tell Fulham and any other Club taking the piss (by submitting an offer in the last 24 hours of the window) to fuck off.

It's way too late in the window to accept a bid for him and replace him. Reassess in January.  If we don't look like going up by then, we could always sell him at that point and probably wouldn't get much less than we're being offered now.

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

I strongly suspect that was Diaz's last game for us. The club cannot afford to lose him for nothing and he deserves a prem move. Good luck to him. 

His attitude has been absolutely first class - I really hope he gets the move he deserves and goes from strength to strength. Of course we also get £20m plus a big sell on clause - and the club have a decent replacement or two lined up 😁

• Like 3

Just now, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

His attitude has been absolutely first class - I really hope he gets the move he deserves and goes from strength to strength. Of course we also get £20m plus a big sell on clause - and the club have a decent replacement or two lined up 😁

"I really hope he gets the move he deserves"

Are you sure you're a Rovers fan? The world's gone mad !

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

I’d feel better about it if we had more than 24 hours to find a replacement.

4 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Getting low balled by tin pot clubs like Fulham.  The worlds gone mad 

Old 1st/2nd division to be fair, like Rovers. The likes of Brentford, Bournemouth and Watford are tinpot

Re Brereton Rovers should tell interested clubs it's too late in this window unless they come up with £25m cash only, money in the bank by 5pm

I think Rovers regard the Leicester lad as Brereton's replacement so I don't expect another striker to arrive in any case

Liked the look of Bowler tonight, wouldn't mind him at all