BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 minute ago, Gav said:

I'm not sure about that, are we stronger than we were last season? A season in which we weren't strong enough when injuries and suspicions kicked in?

Whether or not we've replaced like for like in terms of quality will play out over the weeks and months to come, thats the only real test, starting on Saturday at home to Bristol City.

Well suprise sufk8nprise 😄

• Like 5

I’m not surprised but I’m surprised (does that make sense?) we haven’t sold BBD. I can’t make any case for why we haven’t banked what money we can. Not going up with him, not going down without him. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’m not surprised but I’m astonished we haven’t sold BBD. I can’t make any case for why we haven’t banked what money we can. Not going up with him, not going down without him. 

Wouldn’t agree on that final point. We’d be in a scrap without him, comfortable with him.

8 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’m not surprised but I’m astonished we haven’t sold BBD. I can’t make any case for why we haven’t banked what money we can. Not going up with him, not going down without him. 

My guess is he's agreed to sign a pre-contract with Sevilla, or someone like that, in Jan and made it clear he's not interested in negotiating with any teams this window whether we accept bids or not. Reason he's so relaxed about it all currently.

Edited by danger19_80
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, danger19_80 said:

My guess is he's agreed to sign a pre-contract with Sevilla, or someone like that, in Jan and made it clear he's not interested in negotiating with any teams this window. Reason he's so relaxed about it all currently.

I think it's pretty clear that teams simply haven't met our asking price. I don't think £15m is outlandish. 

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gav said:

I'm not sure about that, are we stronger than we were last season? A season in which we weren't strong enough when injuries and suspicions kicked in?

Whether or not we've replaced like for like in terms of quality will play out over the weeks and months to come, thats the only real test, starting on Saturday at home to Bristol City.

I mean relative to the usual shit windows we put up with 

9 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’m not surprised but I’m surprised (does that make sense?) we haven’t sold BBD. I can’t make any case for why we haven’t banked what money we can. Not going up with him, not going down without him. 

He doesn't want to be sold.  Why go Fulham, what a shit move....he will wait and get the best deal in summer

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Theaxe15 said:

Walcott being touted for a loan move to the Championship. Would take him for a season if wage contribution wasn’t too high. Good pro to have around, could surely offer something. 

What does he actually do? He made millions from doing very little.

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Exactly

This is where we are at now the sale of him makes little sense because the money, not likely to be much, won't be spent.  Take off Forests cut and agents fees and whatever the player might be owed there's a bit carried over to summer maybe.  If the owners are prepared to invest again next summer though with FFP allowing it then his sale now is pointless.

15/20 mill hell yes you've got to deal now but anything less forget it.

Of course it shouldn't have come to this but it has so lets get the best out of him as a fan that's what i want to see not 8 million or so disappear into thin air and a toothless attack.

agents fees are paid for by the buying club - forest have a small cut of any profit - whilst Rovers will only pay up his loyalty bonus !

Interesting comment Mowbray made about his new owners 

“ But I feel as if there is a plan from the owners. They are not saying ‘Sunderlandhave to win the league this year’. They want to grow this club incrementally, they don’t want to spend £100 million this summer. Put talent and quality into your club and let it grow.“

Looks like another journey then?  No pressure to get promoted. Luvly.  

• Like 6