BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

Was it £12 million up front or was that the total after add ons. We are losing whatever we paid for him up front which I doubt was £7 million. The money to Venkies is probably a drop in the ocean and they do not give ground on a valuation.  I much happier thinking we lost say £4 million and keep him for the rest of the season. We are far better with him than without him and I want a crack at the top 6 and promotion rather than money in the bank. Particularly when our owners can afford it

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Don't think people will be banging the "we should have took Fulham's £6m in August" drum quite the same way the "we should have taken the £3m for Rothwell in January" lot did.

Other clubs have made our decision rather straight forward.

Maybe not. 

Depends how the season pans out haha not that we're a fickle bunch or anything 😂 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

What's this based on? Brereton is great obviously. The rest haven't scored more than.... 6 or 7 a season in the Champ? Dolan is a 15 minute pest, Vale is young and needs games, Hirst is unproven at this level, Gally is Gally... Szmodics needs to show a lot more.  Pre-match last night we were dead last in the division for every attacking stat except goals scored, where we were 15th.   What logic dictates our front line can 'tear up the division?' 

If Dack gets back to anything like he was before along with Brererton not many clubs have two attackers as good as that.Add Hedges if he continues his early season form he looks to have a bit of magic and can unlock a defence.He was a big miss in the 3 defeats.

Up to one of the others to claim the other place... hopefully Hirst season at Pompey last season was a marker to kicking on and showing the talent he did as a youngster at senior level.

Another goalscorer would have been nice no doubt but we ain't in bad shape and potentially it could be quite exciting.There where signs last night it was clicking, we did put some lovely moves together

It will be better when Wharton is back he gets the ball moving forward quicker than Phillips and Ayala 

• Like 2

Just now, Sweaty Gussets said:

Someone else said that the other day and he denied it. Unless the R stands for Rioja. 

RV is Ribble Valley. Where he lives and talks about a lot.  Howard.... Every Howard on the planet drinks gallons of red wine. His tweets also remind me of Mercer in terms of structure and wording. 

It's a theory, they're there to be disproven.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Disappointed we haven't added a bit of experience tonight,   I still think we need a genuine goalscorer so we don't rely on just BBD 

Isn't that why we signed George Hirst who was Rovers first choice striker target all summer. Plus we got Dack, Hedges, Szmodics, Dolan, Vale plus we need midfielders and defenders to score also. 

16 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

gally is a big lad,fecking timid as a church mouse though,i hope these two are bruisers

Gallagher wins a lot of aerial duals, stats will tell you this. However, it usually has no end result. I watched a bit of Hirst on YouTube (yeah I know) and he bagged a few headers for Pompey last season. Always useful having some height in the team when you're chasing a game and racking up corners or defending a lead and the inevitable corners.

1 minute ago, Jimmy612 said:

RV is Ribble Valley. Where he lives and talks about a lot.  Howard.... Every Howard on the planet drinks gallons of red wine. His tweets also remind me of Mercer in terms of structure and wording. 

It's a theory, they're there to be disproven.

There's no holes in that theory. Nailed on. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

If Dack gets back to anything like he was before along with Brererton not many clubs have two attackers as good as that.Add Hedges if he continues his early season form he looks to have a bit of magic and can unlock a defence.He was a big miss in the 3 defeats.

Up to one of the others to claim the other place... hopefully Hirst season at Pompey last season was a marker to kicking on and showing the talent he did as a youngster at senior level.

Another goalscorer would have been nice no doubt but we ain't in bad shape and potentially it could be quite exciting.There where signs last night it was clicking, we did put some lovely moves together

It will be better when Wharton is back he gets the ball moving forward quicker than Phillips and Ayala 

One or two big ifs in there. Desperate for Dack to do well... There's very positive signs him and BB have a good understanding AND Dack sees the game unfold ahead of everyone else. 

How many has Hedges scored so far in a B&W shirt? Looks good, nice touches but we need people to weigh in with goals. 

Gally won't score more than 10, rest are probably 6 or 7. Let's hope Hirst can weigh in.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

What's this based on? Brereton is great obviously. The rest haven't scored more than.... 6 or 7 a season in the Champ? Dolan is a 15 minute pest, Vale is young and needs games, Hirst is unproven at this level, Gally is Gally... Szmodics needs to show a lot more.  Pre-match last night we were dead last in the division for every attacking stat except goals scored, where we were 15th.   What logic dictates our front line can 'tear up the division?' 

You don't need every attacker scoring 20 plus goals, do you understand that? We have a red hot Chilean international bangin them in. We have a quality footballer in Bradley Dack getting back to somewhat of his old self, supplying ammo and chipping in. Gally is capable of getting 10. Trav is chipping in too. 

But hey look you just stick with the negative outlook on this one.

5 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Gallagher wins a lot of aerial duals, stats will tell you this. However, it usually has no end result. I watched a bit of Hirst on YouTube (yeah I know) and he bagged a few headers for Pompey last season. Always useful having some height in the team when you're chasing a game and racking up corners or defending a lead and the inevitable corners.

Gally’s ok on uncontested headers. He’s crap on opposed headers when he’s jumping directly with an opponent. It can go anywhere then.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

• J*B changed the title to Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?
13 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

if the above is true then you`ve got to take it,it would be shocking business to pay 7 million for someone then lose him for nothing,i wish ben the best of luck,bearing in mind he`s joining a ****show with a donut as a manager

Shocking business for Venkys? It’s doesn’t make sense agreed, but when you’re a billionaire you can do what you want. What’s 20 million anyway, it’s not the fans money, if Venkys don’t mind letting him leave for free then we should be happy with that, get to see him for another season 👍

• Like 1