BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray's Reign...& is he off to Sunderland ?

if moggarsaurous is still here next season swag won`t need to worry about season tickets sales,the pitch or the stadium,there will be scarcely any fans in attendance ,the only ones present will be birdy and the few hundred strong mowbray fan club(the ones who claim any word against their messiah and your not a real fan)types

• Like 4

7 hours ago, TheRovers1994 said:

5/10 and that’s being generous! But not good enough, only reason I give a 5 is for some signings and stability 

I don’t buy the hero stuff in 2017, he took over and remember us getting out the relegation zone with about 4 games to go after beating forest, we played Barnsley at home and it was like we had nothing to play for, the lineup was a joke and we barely looked like we wanted to go forward.. we lost 2-0 against a Barnsley on the beach. We then played wolves and my friend who’s a wolves fan said all the wolves fans around him had to check we was fighting relegation cause we never looked bothered and they we’re awful and again on the beach and we drew 0-0 when that game would have we kept us up but beating villa and Brentford wasn’t enough. 

l1 was for the taking, a poor Shrewsbury side was our only competition and even then we made it hard work and couldn’t even beat Wigan to the title which Mowbray didn’t care about just took his hero status for finishing 2nd to a team who couldn’t compete with us for resources. 

mowbray has been poor if I’m honest in terms of results, he’s had plenty to spend, spent a combined 11m on two strikers one who he took 2 years to get going the other who he wasted to this day playing him as a winger while also hanging one of our best talents aka Buckley to dry by playing him Completely out of position. 

mowbrays mentality stinks, every season is the same.. we get into a good position no matter how good the team is and drop after Christmas and by the time we recover it’s too late and it’s simply not good enough he’s had all the money and time much better managers who achieved more with less could dream Of.

Also finally his cup record and lack of respect for it is appalling, a man who thinks he’s some sort of true football man with integrity but yet throws the cups every year yet people support his clear cup is a distraction nonsense, clearly the distraction ain’t the cup cause since he threw the Wigan game we’ve lost league form, look at boro and forest ? Both good cup runs and looking solid. Go back to 2017 when he threw away the league cup to the dingles by fielding an uninterested reserve team so clearly shown his lack of trajectory for the derby and kept the dingles bragging rights going. Also our first competitive meeting with Morecambe this season he threw away too.. carrying on his disrespect for the cup

Funnily enough i was thinking about that barnsley game recently and remember sitting there thinking this guy will never get us out of it.  He was trying odd stuff in that game instead of just getting them stuck in although not his fault he inherited dodgy signings like Wes Brown.

Was obvious in those first few games TM was a plodder and an over complicater, the that can hold stability and improve a bit but hold you back at the same time.

A go getter he isn't but i'd love him to ram those words back down my gob.

• Like 1

To this day I cannot get over how Mowbray got himself a long term contract on the back of relegation plus the power to run things how he wants and appoint his mates to senior positions.

Anyone with a PC and the ability to read would know he was from the managerial scrapheap, desperate for a job and willing to take on the existing and failing coaching staff as his own just to get a job.

He then and still does brainwash using his open and honest bullshit.

I knew Venkys wre a crock of shot from day 1 but underestimated their incompetence which then turned into vindictiveness.

I remain convinced that this twonk has a new contract just for the asking.

Mind you I saw how a section of the fanbase treated Allardyce and basically made it easy and 'acceptable' to open the door for the Scottish cnut and the pursuit of 'nice' football.

Well that went fucking well.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 6

15 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

Couldn’t find the relevant thread so put it on here. Pete Bulmer has left our recruitment department and apparently John Park’s contract is also up with Mowbray’s in summer.

Worrying times ahead. 

We appointed a head of recruitment on a one-year contract? Surely not? Recruitment is one of the areas that you need the most long-term planning. Short-term deals for the people in charge of it don't facilitate that.

• Like 2

One of the most ironic things is that Pete Bulmer has gone to Brighton and will be 'responsible for scouting first team centre halves'. His first conversation is probably 'so there's a young lad we sent on loan to Blackburn this season...'

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

We appointed a head of recruitment on a one-year contract? Surely not? Recruitment is one of the areas that you need the most long-term planning. Short-term deals for the people in charge of it don't facilitate that.

Apparently so yes. 

So in summer we need potentially need:

A manager

An entire recruitment department

A CEO

8/9 signings

17 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Apparently so yes. 

So in summer we need potentially need:

A manager

An entire recruitment department

A CEO

8/9 signings

Parks legacy will be Ryan Hedges. Let that sink in.

Throw in new owners to the above too, and I'd be a happy man!

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 5

13 hours ago, TheRovers1994 said:

I don’t buy the hero stuff in 2017, he took over and remember us getting out the relegation zone with about 4 games to go after beating forest, we played Barnsley at home and it was like we had nothing to play for, the lineup was a joke and we barely looked like we wanted to go forward.. we lost 2-0 against a Barnsley on the beach. We then played wolves and my friend who’s a wolves fan said all the wolves fans around him had to check we was fighting relegation cause we never looked bothered and they we’re awful and again on the beach and we drew 0-0 when that game would have we kept us up but beating villa and Brentford wasn’t enough.

People seem to forget this. He should have kept us up despite the mess Coyle left us in. 

• Like 3

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Mowbray's cup record is terrible and is somewhat of a curiosity. Take this season, v Morecambe we only made 2 changes if I remember correctly, and v Wigan we went stronger than most of us expected.

Against Wigan, we played about as well as I expected tbh. We absolutely never win there and just bottled it. (Not the first or last time, either).

• Like 2

Craig whatever his name is would be presenting the successor to the blingy one.

Charlie Chester and Swaggot will be told to stay in their lanes and continue collecting the very generous wedge they get bunged.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Our entire recruitment Dept was two people?

Stuart Harvey (head of talent ID) and Glyn Chamberlain (head of European recruitment) too if you remember.

6 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

To this day I cannot get over how Mowbray got himself a long term contract on the back of relegation plus the power to run things how he wants and appoint his mates to senior positions.

Anyone with a PC and the ability to read would know he was from the managerial scrapheap, desperate for a job and willing to take on the existing and failing coaching staff as his own just to get a job.

He then and still does brainwash using his open and honest bullshit.

Incredible that someone at the club even plucked his name out of thin air or more realistically rewarded handsomely by sem. He had a good season with West Brom in 2007/08 then his managerial career over the 9 years from then until rocking up here ranged from rank average to unmitigated disasters.

The stars really aligned for him. An initial warm welcome simply because he wasn’t Owen Coyle then his subsequent mediocrity glossed over because things are better than under Kean. I’m convinced without the hellish Kean days where the fans suffered a very public humiliating defeat to the owners I reckon Mowbray would have been hounded out years ago. Particularly when he started with his “not 1995” crap.  

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Our entire recruitment Dept was two people?

Seems excessive having teams of people heading up multiple departments considering how few signings we make for a fee.

At youth level it’s probably required, but does it really take god knows how many scouts, heads of recruitment and their teams, Venus, Mowbray and Waggott to bring in one Pickering/Edun/Markanday every window?

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Against Wigan, we played about as well as I expected tbh. We absolutely never win there and just bottled it. (Not the first or last time, either).

I don't think we bottled it as such, to be fair. The keeper had an absolute nightmare but apart from that we played well enough to have won that game comfortably. You can't legislate for what Pears did that day. It would be like saying Liverpool bottled the champions league final against Real Madrid when Karius dropped his clangers.

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 4

On 07/04/2022 at 17:02, martonrover said:

I am hoping he goes at the same time as Mowbray, but if not I doubt he'll have any say in the next appointment.

Mowbray essentially appointed him.

So who runs the club, appoint the next manager, etc and etc? 

On 07/04/2022 at 17:08, roversfan99 said:

My point was more about the way the club is run under Venkys. It certainly wont be a smooth, quick process whereby a list of managers is already ready for Venkys to make an informed and quick decision. 

Well the transition from Coyle to Mowbray was quick and smooth and took 2 days didn't it? 

23 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

Couldn’t find the relevant thread so put it on here. Pete Bulmer has left our recruitment department and apparently John Park’s contract is also up with Mowbray’s in summer.

Worrying times ahead. 

worrying time that Park's contract will run out this summer and I would imagine that Mark Venus, Ben Benson and David Lowe contracts will all be up at the same time as Mowbray. Its almost seem like Mowbray has a club line up and the his team will leave with him

22 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I agree - they shouldn't stand still.

That's not to say that they won't. History tells us so.

Good

2 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

Stuart Harvey (head of talent ID) and Glyn Chamberlain (head of European recruitment) too if you remember.

Its was odd that we never appoint Glyn Chamberlain as head of recruitment given his background and we never renew his contract last summer. 

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

Seems excessive having teams of people heading up multiple departments considering how few signings we make for a fee.

At youth level it’s probably required, but does it really take god knows how many scouts, heads of recruitment and their teams, Venus, Mowbray and Waggott to bring in one Pickering/Edun/Markanday every window?

We have currently about 5 or 6 Rovers scouts and a couple of recruitment data analysis according to what I can find online.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Park's contract will run out this summer and I would imagine that Mark Venus, Ben Benson and David Lowe contracts will all be up at the same time as Mowbray. Its almost seem like Mowbray has a club line up and the his team will leave with him

At last, a glimmer of hope beckons.

I see Bulmer has gone to Brighton.

• Like 6

Can Mowbray and his amateur hour cronies please all just feck right off. I've only ever personally disliked 2 rovers managers in my lifetime (40 years-ish!) and Steve 'crooked as the come' Kean was the other. Mowbray might be a more adequate manager than Kean(doesn't take much!) but in every other dept there's not really much between them, Mowbrays just a little older and subtler with his bs. 

• Like 6