BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray's Reign...& is he off to Sunderland ?

My reasoning about accountability on the pitch is on the managers head and his alone - we all know about ownership.

Accountability for the CEO and senior leaders is for off the pitch operations as well as looking at how the manager is performing with his players, getting results and progressing towards to ultimate objective.

At not a single point has Mowbray accepted accountability for his failings as a manager instead passing the buck to players and now the fans. Its not about ownership of the club.

At no point has Waggot come out and accepted his own part in accounting for the managers failings, results, poor form and a damn right failure to secure a top 6 spot this season when it was there cap in hand. Again, this isn't about ownership.

I have read with interest Glens post, and I agree with most of everything he says and of course I mirror almost entirely his opinions, on the points I differ with him, I still respect his own.views.

Looking back over the last 4 years I look to see if there is progression, there is in some context however there is a massive element of regression and it is this where the accountability has to be owned. On that footing alone, it is down to Mowbray and Mowbray alone.

Yes we can vent anger at the owners and Waggot for not sacking him but for me, until the Hull postponement, Rovers were odds on for a top 6 maybe a top 2 spot and at that point he deserved to remain in post whether you like it or not and whether you agree or not. Rovers were top 2 on merit and performances alone and all of this after a debilitating 7-0 home loss.

Since fatal February arrived, Mowbray reverted to type and this had a profound effect on all things football related, from players to the fans, to the club shop and beyond. Apathy reigned, Mowbray refused to listen and ignored what was in front of him. His lack of tactical nouse suggested that he had not gone stale, he had simply lost all respect of players and fans and just tried to meander his way through excuses after excuses. In fact my view is that he had yet again become a busted flush.

Supporters constantly say - especially on here (and other forums) - that they dont see changes, well there is and are changes. Look at the community trust, look at the community work, look at the commercial side and how changes are being made, look at the academy and how its performing, look at the internal aspect of the club and how its working, look at the youngsters tied to contracts and have a think about what else is happening.  Look at the efforts going on to try and entice fans back to the ground. And after this, look at the financial footing the club is on. - Please don't shout about the debt, it is owned by the Venkys and them alone. It is about the current state of the accounts and the operations set for the next 2-3 years. 

We can all grunt about prices, season ticket details, release dates, kit designs and everything else and we can all wait to see what the reaction might be to the letter so well written and produced that outlines concerns and ideas to the future of BRFC.

It is a constant that the owners are a hated entity, I cant and wont deny they deserve it but at the same time, they are funding the club. Should we be grateful? Yes and no - there will be subjective and objective views, some legitimate, some that are misguided, some that are so far way of the mark and others that hit the nail on the head.

I await with interest the outcome of the next forum and I look forward to watching and reading the views of posters (and others) about how they see it.

We know there has to be a managerial change and we know that a better leadership team has to be better placed to take the club forward. For me, it is vital that the fans are allowed to play a part and that they are listened to.

It will hurt big time watching little old Bournemouth celebrate promotion as Ewood, we have seen it before and it is indicative of just how much of a failure Mowbray has been in the last 3 months.

As RFW would say, it is the best ever example of a Devon Loch

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

If I knew how to share tweets on here, I would. However, Honeyman has just tweeted this half an hour ago:

"The sense of entitlement from some football fans is genuinely frightening!".

I wonder which fans he's referring to here. I also wonder if a certain manager has been moaning to him about how the fans expect too much. "It's not 1995 anymore, Craig, you understand that".

There's no doubt for me that these snakes are keeping an eye on the forum. Honeyman gets called out last night, this morning he tweets the above.

They all piss in the same pot.

I have never really seen posts on here that could in any way incur what has become in this PC world the slur of 'entitlement', but it fits the Mowbray mindset and he does run his gob to anyone with ears.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, glen9mullan said:

On another note, I cant believe I have just been told to show some appreciation to the owners for funding the academy.

Words fail me

The Academy that's currently providing 5 of the starting XI?

It's literally propping up the side - they'd be mad NOT to fund it.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

If I knew how to share tweets on here, I would. However, Honeyman has just tweeted this half an hour ago:

"The sense of entitlement from some football fans is genuinely frightening!".

I wonder which fans he's referring to here. I also wonder if a certain manager has been moaning to him about how the fans expect too much. "It's not 1995 anymore, Craig, you understand that".

There's no doubt for me that these snakes are keeping an eye on the forum. Honeyman gets called out last night, this morning he tweets the above.

For the record, as much as I dislike the Venkys, I've thought for a long time that the Rovers manager job is a plum one for the right guy.

You're literally the King of your own fiefdom if you play your cards right. You could shape the entire club in your image - that's what the Venkys are dying for, a Chris Wilder / Sean Dyche / Alex Ferguson (big gulf between them I know). Someone who's going to come in with a vision and competently pull it off. They've shown that the money is there when they want it to be. 

Mowbray has lasted so long because he's convinced them he knows what he's doing - let's be honest he's had very (if any) little pressure from them to actually produce the results on the pitch. 

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Supporters constantly say - especially on here (and other forums) - that they dont see changes, well there is and are changes.

Look at the community trust, look at the community work, look at the commercial side and how changes are being made, look at the academy and how its performing, look at the internal aspect of the club and how its working, look at the youngsters tied to contracts and have a think about what else is happening. 

Look at the efforts going on to try and entice fans back to the ground.

Community Trust and building bridges with the Asian community? Yep, definitely progress. Kudos to the team.

Academy? An ongoing positive, yes, but not ‘progress’ as it’s the actual one constant success, and they even tried to hobble that by flogging off Brockhall just last year.

What commercial progress?

What efforts to entice back fans?

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

My reasoning about accountability on the pitch is on the managers head and his alone - we all know about ownership.

Accountability for the CEO and senior leaders is for off the pitch operations as well as looking at how the manager is performing with his players, getting results and progressing towards to ultimate objective.

At not a single point has Mowbray accepted accountability for his failings as a manager instead passing the buck to players and now the fans. Its not about ownership of the club.

At no point has Waggot come out and accepted his own part in accounting for the managers failings, results, poor form and a damn right failure to secure a top 6 spot this season when it was there cap in hand. Again, this isn't about ownership.

I have read with interest Glens post, and I agree with most of everything he says and of course I mirror almost entirely his opinions, on the points I differ with him, I still respect his own.views.

Looking back over the last 4 years I look to see if there is progression, there is in some context however there is a massive element of regression and it is this where the accountability has to be owned. On that footing alone, it is down to Mowbray and Mowbray alone.

Yes we can vent anger at the owners and Waggot for not sacking him but for me, until the Hull postponement, Rovers were odds on for a top 6 maybe a top 2 spot and at that point he deserved to remain in post whether you like it or not and whether you agree or not. Rovers were top 2 on merit and performances alone and all of this after a debilitating 7-0 home loss.

Since fatal February arrived, Mowbray reverted to type and this had a profound effect on all things football related, from players to the fans, to the club shop and beyond. Apathy reigned, Mowbray refused to listen and ignored what was in front of him. His lack of tactical nouse suggested that he had not gone stale, he had simply lost all respect of players and fans and just tried to meander his way through excuses after excuses. In fact my view is that he had yet again become a busted flush.

Supporters constantly say - especially on here (and other forums) - that they dont see changes, well there is and are changes. Look at the community trust, look at the community work, look at the commercial side and how changes are being made, look at the academy and how its performing, look at the internal aspect of the club and how its working, look at the youngsters tied to contracts and have a think about what else is happening.  Look at the efforts going on to try and entice fans back to the ground. And after this, look at the financial footing the club is on. - Please don't shout about the debt, it is owned by the Venkys and them alone. It is about the current state of the accounts and the operations set for the next 2-3 years. 

We can all grunt about prices, season ticket details, release dates, kit designs and everything else and we can all wait to see what the reaction might be to the letter so well written and produced that outlines concerns and ideas to the future of BRFC.

It is a constant that the owners are a hated entity, I cant and wont deny they deserve it but at the same time, they are funding the club. Should we be grateful? Yes and no - there will be subjective and objective views, some legitimate, some that are misguided, some that are so far way of the mark and others that hit the nail on the head.

I await with interest the outcome of the next forum and I look forward to watching and reading the views of posters (and others) about how they see it.

We know there has to be a managerial change and we know that a better leadership team has to be better placed to take the club forward. For me, it is vital that the fans are allowed to play a part and that they are listened to.

It will hurt big time watching little old Bournemouth celebrate promotion as Ewood, we have seen it before and it is indicative of just how much of a failure Mowbray has been in the last 3 months.

As RFW would say, it is the best ever example of a Devon Loch

There has been small improvements away from the football, but it could be argued that the hoards of supporters who no longer go, many of which were very vocal of how the club was being run, is giving off quite a false dawn.

Demographically we have far more younger supporters % of crowd now than I can remember. Many of which were not alive post 2000, and many of which are not old enough to remember pre jack, post jack, and the start of the venky regime.

Its interesting some comments i get on my twitter feed from some 16, 17, 18 year olds. Their opinion is vastly different to many of the older supporters, mainly because their memories is of relegation to league 1, promotion to the championship and what they see on the pitch.

I still talk to a lot of supporters with over 100 years of family tradition in following rovers, and they simply will never return and dont even know who plays for us and have zero interest in knowing. That demographic is in the thousands and not a handfull.

Comments i have seen about the relevance of the Rovers Trust, the timing of tweets/statements etc.

Its these that have walked away why the trust is paramount to a brighter future.

You cant just throw the customer base away, and build a new one through ignorance. Many of these supporters still live in the town, and heritage is built on our history and those who can share it, pass it on to the next generation and remember.

Football has good times, bad times, amazing times, dark times. Many of us that remain have seen all of these.

I was born into the rovers family, born in the town, my dad supported them, his dad supported them, in fact my whole family on myside supports them.

The debts would be there whoever owns rovers, the figures just dont stack up, not enough bums on seats and no extra revenue brought through success. 

We've been on the decline since we won the premiership, we suffered a relegation under jack, and although we went back up, our coffers could never compete with that of others. Nothing has changed there.

The Academy is a shining light, but papers over the cracks of season upon season downgrades.

Other local clubs have had to start again, but have proven you can, with the right people.

We are heavily reliant on the owners, and if they actually brought in the right people to run the club, they'd already be on the road to recovery. The modern day supporter reacts to what is happening on the pitch, if thats going well, the ownership becomes irrelevant. 

"The worse decision in life is not to make one"

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

He isn’t staying on guys. I’m completely convinced….don’t believe there’s an appetite on either for that to happen.

The ‘open secret’ came from members of the squad who are being tapped up and advised not to sign new contracts elsewhere by Veno (Who is apparently a troublemaker) so that Mowbray and his team can make them offers once installed at WBA.

No suggestion that they’re telling them not to sign Rovers contracts but by the sounds of it that’s just purely financial. JR offered 4x what Rovers are and likely PL football whilst RN’s offer from Rovers is apparently a joke (Very low). The only one we have a chance with is DL…but I think he’ll wait for Tony et al to turn up at WBA and at least double his current offer 🙁

It wouldn't make much sense that Travis and Kaminski both signed new deals would it?
Also not a chance that Rothwell or Nyambe would want to play under Mowbray elsewhere (Lenihan is the only plausible player in this scenario)

9 minutes ago, superniko said:

It wouldn't make much sense that Travis and Kaminski both signed new deals would it?
Also not a chance that Rothwell or Nyambe would want to play under Mowbray elsewhere (Lenihan is the only plausible player in this scenario)

To be fair Kaminski and Travis might just recognise that he's a dour prick and told him they won't be following him.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

We are heavily reliant on the owners, and if they actually brought in the right people to run the club, they'd already be on the road to recovery. The modern day supporter reacts to what is happening on the pitch, if thats going well, the ownership becomes irrelevant. 

That's the crux of it, for me the owners have never grasped that the key to success is to appoint a top class manager and give him a workable budget.

Mowbray has had the workable budget and then some but for me has only ever been interested in prolonging his stay at the Club until retirement for financial reasons and has cemented his own position by surrounding himself with allies on and off the pitch and wasting the Club's money on them.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

He isn’t staying on guys. I’m completely convinced….don’t believe there’s an appetite on either for that to happen.

The ‘open secret’ came from members of the squad who are being tapped up and advised not to sign new contracts elsewhere by Veno (Who is apparently a troublemaker) so that Mowbray and his team can make them offers once installed at WBA.

No suggestion that they’re telling them not to sign Rovers contracts but by the sounds of it that’s just purely financial. JR offered 4x what Rovers are and likely PL football whilst RN’s offer from Rovers is apparently a joke (Very low). The only one we have a chance with is DL…but I think he’ll wait for Tony et al to turn up at WBA and at least double his current offer 🙁

Have all of these specifics (Rothwell being offered 4x as much, Nyambe's low offer) all come from Rothwell's dad? You mention members of the squad, is this direct contact or via when Rothwell's dad was mouthing off on the train?

19 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

He’s right to be fair. I am an entitled football fan. I’m entitled to want and expect the best from my club, including it not being run for the benefit of anything bar success on the pitch. What a deflecting dickhead!

You are only entitled if your opinion is the same as those who share your opinion.

If your opinion is different then a social media tin hat you shall need ;-).

28 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That's the crux of it, for me the owners have never grasped that the key to success is to appoint a top class manager and give him a workable budget.

Mowbray has had the workable budget and then some but for me has only ever been interested in prolonging his stay at the Club until retirement for financial reasons and has cemented his own position by surrounding himself with allies on and off the pitch and wasting the Club's money on them.

Top class chairman would be my priority. Decent chance a good manager would then follow.

Venky's biggest mistake in their entire ownership was belittling, ignoring and needlessly driving away John Williams, Tom Finn et al. Trusting Anderson was a disaster and something they've never ever recovered from.  Agnew, Shaw, Cheston, Waggott.... Whoever else, they've all been hopeless yes men. 

IMO they're still nursing their burnt fingers and bruised ego's and have been terrified ever since to trust anyone. Bloody Mowbray got Waggott the job which is a disgrace in itself! 

• Like 4

Just now, Jimmy612 said:

Top class chairman would be my priority. Decent chance a good manager would then follow.

Venky's biggest mistake in their entire ownership was belittling, ignoring and needlessly driving away John Williams, Tom Finn et al. Trusting Anderson was a disaster and something they've never ever recovered from.  Agnew, Shaw, Cheston, Waggott.... Whoever else, they've all been hopeless yes men. 

IMO they're still nursing their burnt fingers and bruised ego's and have been terrified ever since to trust anyone. Bloody Mowbray got Waggott the job which is a disgrace in itself! 

I still dont understand who is recommending people to them.

They are not from the football world, so who recommended Mowbray, how did he make contact with them and then get subsequently appointed?.

I agree though, top administration will ensure we dont lose players for free, without a fight, and give us half a chance of a decent managerial appointment

Mowbray's time at the Rovers will forever be linked with this season.

''To not even reach the playoffs, with where we were at the end of January 2022.''

These words will be synonymous with his reign, whether he goes in three hours, three days, three weeks, three months, three years.

I think this sentiment will be what people think of in 5/10 years time, even with the League One promotion under his belt.

Five and a half years is a lifetime in football these days. He needs a change and we need a change. 

Interesting to see that Mowbray has gone from 9th Longest serving manager in England to the 7th longest serving manager in the last few days, thanks to the departures of Dyche and Crewe boss David Artell.

Full List

Edited by rog of the rovers
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

2 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

He is Mowbray’s agent. 

He is also Coyle, Lambert and Bowyers agent.

He is a director of the agency HSH with Dave Sheron and Stephen Horner.

He is a former director of SEM. All three have big links with Jerome.

Thanks fellas. 

Now I know, and I'll pay as much attention to him as I did previously. 

Hopefully @Miller11gets Mr Waggott on podcast and this can be asked,

Still how do you go from running chicken production (suhail) to negotiating contracts, deciding if players are fit or not fit, selecting players to buy and sell.

The big one for me, i will never forgive is bling picking the team, i have that in writing, chapter n verse, and quite frankly those actions are unforgivable and makes the whole thing one bloody joke

• Like 9

41 minutes ago, rog of the rovers said:

.''To not even reach the playoffs, with where we were at the end of January 2022.''

These words will be synonymous with his reign, whether he goes in three hours, three days, three weeks, three months, three years.

Indeed.

E6350C8F-132F-4DAF-8A40-352FB905722B.jpeg

• Like 2