BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray's Reign...& is he off to Sunderland ?

42 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Would Neill do a better job than Mowbray ? I’m pretty sure he would.

If Preston did finish above Rovers again i think that'll be 3 different managers that might have done it whilst we've had the same guy.

Lower budget, lower wages aside from maybe this season, no 7 or 5 million pound players and no academy.

I think that says a hell of a lot.

• Like 8

My view is he's done okay but not good enough every area - some decent signings, decent youth development, some decent tactics. But the pattern of a good two months followed by a poor two months petering out into mid table finish is very well established now and I (and I think virtually all supporters) have zero confidence we will be able to improve on it.

It's got to the point where we need to try someone new. 

• Like 1

As a Rovers fan all my life. I remember the days of Noel Brotherston and co. Mowbray has steadied the ship but it’s time for a change. We were second 12 games ago and now won’t make the playoffs. We have a big enough squad with talented youngsters. It’s not acceptable what’s happening now. He seems disinterested and lacking ideas. Not beating bottom clubs at home is just diabolical. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

My view is he's done okay but not good enough every area - some decent signings, decent youth development, some decent tactics. But the pattern of a good two months followed by a poor two months petering out into mid table finish is very well established now and I (and I think virtually all supporters) have zero confidence we will be able to improve on it.

It's got to the point where we need to try someone new. 

Okay JBN. Okay?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I'd say okay is reasonable. Not good, not bad. Just mid table.

I guess that depends what you’re wanting from your manager when you give him 5 years in charge.

I would want more than that otherwise what’s the point in having a football club in the first place?

• Like 3

• Backroom
14 minutes ago, goozburger said:

We're almost in the relegation zone based on form since January. 

https://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england2

We're in the relegation zone in form tables 8/10/12 games.

We're 1 place out the zone on GD in the 6 game form table.

It literally couldn't really be any worse.

I'm sure TM will have a different spin on those irrefutable statistics. 

At no other club in the land does a manager and his staff serve up these kind of horrific runs EVERY season and keep their jobs.

Doesn't really matter if it's 2 nd to 9th or whatever or 8th to 15th ( we've seen that ) the point is still the same it is simply not good enough. Some of the stuff is unprofessional really, Derby Johnson 1st half, his antics in the 2nd half, last season when he was literally screaming out to be paid off, 0-7 biggest home defeat for a near 150 year old club.

The few months following that defeat were some of the best for over a decade but several seasons before were nothing remotely over average. Since then have seen some of the worst stuff since Kean was here make no mistake how we habven't had another few hidings is puzzling.

Iv'e been maintaining every season for past few years he should be let go in the following summers and go with our thanks. Now we've finally reached that point were he needs forceably booting out the gaff which is a shame but justified. Many in the past would have but no one there cares now they all just cover each other time and time again.

Our piss weak modern day fanbase is just as bad populated mainly by older heads who just go along with it because they can't be arsed. And kids brainwashed by one good season years ago when they were just getting into it.

Sad state.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Interesting that the touch line duo of Venus and Lowe were not patrolling leaving the hands in pocket sourfaced twat gurning and raising his eyebrows to the support

I think Lowe is a real oddball - seen more life in a dead sheep.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Interesting that the touch line duo of Venus and Lowe were not patrolling leaving the hands in pocket sourfaced twat gurning and raising his eyebrows to the support

I tell you what, I’m not absolving Mowbray of blame here, but he’s been let down badly by this bunch of bottlers that call themselves Blackburn Rovers players.

Far to many just couldn’t give a toss as we’ve seen over this Easter weekend and he backs them through thick and thin.

Bottlers.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Gav said:

I tell you what, I’m not absolving Mowbray of blame here, but he’s been let down badly by this bunch of bottlers that call themselves Blackburn Rovers players.

Far to many just couldn’t give a toss as we’ve seen over this Easter weekend and he backs them through thick and thin.

Bottlers.

It's all down to Mowbray.

Who signs the players, selects the team, sets the tactics, motivates or otherwise the players.

The buck stops with him.  No one else is to blame.

You would see a different response with a Neil Warnock type in charge.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 7