BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray's Reign...& is he off to Sunderland ?

I'm convinced this is 'evidence' gathering by Mowbray and Waggott ahead of a hoped India summit after the season.

They will be compiling a dossier of evidence to present to the owners as to why their little party should be given more time and what better than a few senior players coming out and speaking in your favour. Throw in the young team nonsense and hard luck stories about budgets and the job's a good one.

Then Waggott will be hoping for a bumper crowd at £10 a ticket on Saturday and some reasonable season ticket sales before the end of May and they will present a picture of all is in hand and well at the club. Why make changes?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, roverandout said:

And don't understand this age angle. What youngsters? Most of the squad I'd in their mid 20s. It's bullshit.  Going off England for example who had an average age of 24. That didn't stop them making a euros final.  Its just a bollocks excuse from Mowbray and his kiss ass players.  

Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the accepted truth. The norm. Bog standard elementary brainwashing.

Think UK and US politics. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

Just had a look. The players are parroting the same excuses as Mowbray now… young players, improvements on last year.

He’s instilled mediocrity into some of them.

It’s a real doss down at Ewood. All pals together with no rigour or discipline. We could play like shit bags tonight and tomorrow will just be like another day.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

No one read Kaminskis comments today it'll make you fume

What do you expect him to say, "I want Mowbray sacked" and "us players don't believe in what the manager does?"

If he came out in the media and said stuff like that, it would genuinely reflect bad on him and the players to be honest.

Why people allow themselves to get so wound up by token media soundbites is beyond me.

42 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Sorry but my level of hate towards Mowbray is now on kean level. He is just as vile as that snake in my eyes. This good guy nonsense is just a front 

Then you seemingly have lost all perspective.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

“Why should the manager go to the club and ask about his future? It’s not my job to go and say ‘are you giving me a contract?’

That's an absolutely ridiculous comment.

Of course it's his job to seek clarification on his future.  We're 3 games away from the end of the season.  How could any self-respecting manager NOT seek assurances from the owners.  How can he plan potential transfers, plan pre-season schedules and any tours.

Any half decent manager would be insisting on a meeting with Waggott, Pasha or whoever the fuck else is involved with an ultimatum that I need a clear answer by 'X' date or I'm walking now. 

A shrug of the shoulders, 'not my problem' is precisely the issue at the club.  Imagine an Alex Ferguson, an Antonio Conte... a Sean Dyche even, taking such a half-arsed approach.

Unacceptable.

He's not half decent though, he's shit.

He's also a complete twat. Hopefully he doesn't get a new contract and just fucks off at the end of the year so we can get on with complaining about the next washed up tosser they appoint.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

What do you expect him to say, "I want Mowbray sacked" and "us players don't believe in what the manager does?"

If he came out in the media and said stuff like that, it would genuinely reflect bad on him and the players to be honest.

Why people allow themselves to get so wound up by token media soundbites is beyond me.

Then you seemingly have lost all perspective.

Agree with the first response not so much the second. I'd be interested to hear Bradley Johnsons opinion on TM though 

If Mowbray had anythiing about him a defeat tonight he would either resign or announce he is definitely leaving at the end of the season.

The play-offs will be gone and that will be the end. We might yet accomplish a bottom half finish, which is laughable.

The fact that he probably won't do either, along with the drivel appearing in the local media, tells me that he is waiting for news from India and a new offer, that he wants this and is lining his ducks up in a row for it to happen.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Truly inspirational stuff

The thing is he knows this isn’t true. His analysts are supplying him with data that shows a distinct lack of effort from some. One players stats are down 75% since January.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

The thing is he knows this isn’t true. His analysts are supplying him with data that shows a distinct lack of effort from some. One players stats are down 75% since January.

well hopefully that shows the players have lost faith in Mowbray and its time to go. Hopefully he realises this

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FortressEwood said:

No, they haven't. Have a read of the TK interview today.

The animosity aimed at Mowbray on here is disgusting IMO

Oooh, animosity is it? How about complete disrespect towards the fans, the heritage and history of the club, the commitments made at the start of the current ownership debacle, the ongoing farce of a manager who appears to be completely disconnected from the realities that any fan can see on and off the pitch.

Animosity? We're just getting going pal! You ain't seen nothing yet!

4 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

No one read Kaminskis comments today it'll make you fume

"He's certainly the best I've worked with as far as managers go.

"It's easy for people to pass the buck but the reality is the group of players fell short, it's us that need to take responsibility.

"We've let the gaffer down because everything he's done has been geared to pushing us forward and we haven't done that."

Whoops, I accidentally posted Bradley Orr's comments on Steve Kean.

Players talk a tremendous amount of bollocks about their incumbent bosses.

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, FortressEwood said:

No, they haven't. Have a read of the TK interview today.

The animosity aimed at Mowbray on here is disgusting IMO

A previous opinion of yours was that he was a good manager.

Well that's objectively not true when viewing his entire career.

Saying the animosity is "disgusting" is just as silly.

Perhaps the next time you ask for his autograph, mention to him the best way around the fans is not to blame them for his mistakes, in the press.

• Like 3