BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (a) - 2/4/22

5 hours ago, booth said:

He deserves zero credit for today. I’d be surprised if his shoes were on the right feet.

When pretty much everyone on here pre match was questioning the merits of leaving our best 3 attacking players on the bench and playing people out of position. It’s then hard to give him any credit for rectifying his own cock ups when it’s what all us know nowts said he should have done from the start.

Unless the game plan was to waste an entire half of football, go behind and then see what we could do 

7 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

They'd smash us.

I've see a few people say this.

You do realise they'll lose half their team at the end of the season, all the decent players?

Their only hope is keeping hold of Weghorst who'll most likely do a Mitrovic and score a load if he stays.

Utterly deflated after another late goal, although I half expected it 😔

We looked like the Rovers from the first half of the season second half and Dacky and Diaz starting (hopefully) could still make a difference, all hope isn't lost just yet.

A lethargic/injured Nyambe cost us the game.

When Coventry equalise we have all our players back in our penalty area.

It's a outswinging right footed cross, the sort Mowbray is averse to, and the reason Kaminski stays on his line.

Most of our lot are headless chickens marking nobody.

Nyambe does what he does in such circumstances and prefers to try to push his man rather than jump to head. OK he's injured here.

Meanwhile Gallagher is back there near to Nyambe and does Sweet FA.

We have 2 players in close proximity to the scorer but who both have excuses.

Nyambe is injured ......

Gallagher is Gallagher  ........

Another disappointing end to a game that we couldn’t see out following similar ones v Bristol and Sheff Utd but if we approach our remaining games like we did in the second half we still have a good chance of play offs.

Looking at the fixtures, our rivals still have to play each other so points will be dropped. The big question is do we have the bottle? 

5 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Another disappointing end to a game that we couldn’t see out following similar ones v Bristol and Sheff Utd but if we approach our remaining games like we did in the second half we still have a good chance of play offs.

Looking at the fixtures, our rivals still have to play each other so points will be dropped. The big question is do we have the bottle? 

The big question is, do we have the manager?

We have a bloke who only sets the team up properly for forty five minutes, or less.

• Like 2

Mowbray once again is happy to deflect his huge inadequacies away by blaming the referee. I didn't hear him mention that we benefited from the referees poorest decision when Van Hecke should have been sent off.I

Even after a nights sleep my anger towards Mowbray hasn't subsided. And rethinking some of his decisions why on earth did he bring Hedges on for Buckley and leave Johnson on the bench? This was less than an hour after taking off two players because the were like fishes out of water and having to completely change the shape of the team. Less than an fucking hour............ 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

First Rovers game I have been to in years, since I've lived in Coventry for ages. First half, we were toothless and easy to carve through on the counter attack. Brereton-Diaz and Dack made the difference in the second half, whilst Gallagher was absolute clown shoes. 

I really didn't like the cynical fouls and diving that we did, and the time wasting backfired, as we know. 

Final point, how the hell did that fat guy outrun the stewards? Even I could run faster than him.

What makes these deliberate and coached dark arts even worse is that, true to the Rovers way, we are not very good at it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Mowbray once again is happy to deflect his huge inadequacies away by blaming the referee. I didn't hear him mention that we benefited from the referees poorest decision when Van Hecke should have been sent off.I

Even after a nights sleep my anger towards Mowbray hasn't subsided. And rethinking some of his decisions why on earth did he bring Hedges on for Buckley and leave Johnson on the bench? This was less than an hour after taking off two players because the were like fishes out of water and having to completely change the shape of the team. Less than an fucking hour............ 

Mowbray, who regularly claims he doesn't like to criticise match officials just before doing so, has to blame someone.

He is a master baker in cooking up alternative history to deflect from the real culprit .... him.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Steven Gerrard following Villa’s 2-1 defeat at Wolves yesterday, referencing the first half where they went in 2 behind: ‘that 45 was completely on me.’

Out of all the shower of sh*te that’s been served up to us by him over the years, has Mowbray ever said that even just once? I’d wager a Merce that he hasn’t.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 9

And another rant whilst I'm still feeling angry.

How can he start Nyambe after several weeks out and not playing a game but say that Brereton isn't ready to start despite playing for eighty minutes in midweek.

Mowbray is a walking, talking contradiction.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Mowbray, who regularly claims he doesn't like to criticise match officials just before doing so, has to blame someone.

He must have been reading this site because you and many other posters have done the same, in criticizing the referee, are you all wrong?

9 minutes ago, Gav said:

He must have been reading this site because you and many other posters have done the same, in criticizing the referee, are you all wrong?

I don't claim not to criticise the ref.

Notice the difference?

Keep trying ... you can do better.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

8 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I don't claim not to criticise the ref.

Notice the difference?

Keep trying ... you can do better.

Was the referee crap? I didn't see the game?

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

When Coventry equalise we have all our players back in our penalty area.

It's a outswinging right footed cross, the sort Mowbray is averse to, and the reason Kaminski stays on his line.

Most of our lot are headless chickens marking nobody.

Nyambe does what he does in such circumstances and prefers to try to push his man rather than jump to head. OK he's injured here.

Meanwhile Gallagher is back there near to Nyambe and does Sweet FA.

We have 2 players in close proximity to the scorer but who both have excuses.

Nyambe is injured ......

Gallagher is Gallagher  ........

I thought our keeper could have done better on the last goal.

8 minutes ago, Gav said:

Was the referee crap? I didn't see the game?

I thought he was inconsistent.

On reflection our time wasting caught us out and Nyambe was down for a while and the interloper confused things further.

As soon as the pass was made back to the guy who put the final cross in I just knew what was coming. I closed my eyes and just waited for the commentator to confirm.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Referee isn't to blame, we were play acting/time wasting and karma bit us I'm afraid.

I was saying this watching it. You don't gain anything by wasting time and trying to run the clock down. Especially with a jumped up little ref like yesterday. He'd sooner play way more than whatever time was wasted to prove a point.

12 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I thought he was inconsistent.

On reflection our time wasting caught us out and Nyambe was down for a while and the interloper confused things further.

As soon as the pass was made back to the guy who put the final cross in I just knew what was coming. I closed my eyes and just waited for the commentator to confirm.

I've just read the report on the Telegraph, Mark Robins has accused us of gamesmanship too.

12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Playing a game out - get the ball in your opponents half and keep it there.

Exactly this. Also there sat a young lad on the bench who is as fast as a bullet who will have charged all those long punts forward into the corner. That guy wasn't Hedges, if the plan was to soak up the pressure the option would surely have been Johnson.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cesus said:

Exactly this. Also there sat a young lad on the bench who is as fast as a bullet who will have charged all those long punts forward into the corner. That guy wasn't Hedges, if the plan was to soak up the pressure the option would surely have been Johnson.

There are not many people who know, what goes on in Mowbrays head. I don't think even Mowbray does.

• Like 1