BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (a) - 2/4/22

4 hours ago, Gav said:

Was the referee crap? I didn't see the game?

Luckily he was very poor, otherwise we'd have been down to 10 men in the first half and then without our current best player, Van Hecke for a couple of games

20 minutes ago, BlueBro said:

Luckily he was very poor, otherwise we'd have been down to 10 men in the first half and then without our current best player, Van Hecke for a couple of games

For which incident? Cos he didn’t touch the guy who went down when clean through. He clipped his own heels.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes I have been expecting Lenihan to sign a new contract here but Rothwell and Nyambe will leave. 

Isn't Andrew Proctor the Rovers physio who told you this? 

No modern keepers don't come for the ball and that include some of the best keepers out there. 

No not Andrew, don’t really want to mention names, but believe Dolan had slight injury in training, we seem to have more injuries than the normal. Hopefully fit for Blackpool along with Lenihan but probably without Nyambe.

6 hours ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

If we approach our remaining games like we did in the second half we still have a good chance of play offs.

The problem is (and has been for 3 years) is that stubborn Mowbray gets to pick the starting XI. 2nd half adjustments are down to pressure from thousands.

His "tactics" are an embarrassment to all professional football managers. We haven't scored a goal with a foot for THIRTEEN games. 

6 games till he leaves 🤞

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

In the 6 mins of the 2nd half extra time Rothwell went down for about 1 minute and the Nyambe injury plus the fan on field at that time took up over 2 minutes so a total of 9 extra was actually accurate.

Maybe, but Rothwell went down in the 89th minute and the referee gestured to the 4th official (lifting his arm up) - to raise the time from 5 to 6 minutes. So that was alloted for. To play 9 was Fergie-time level of BS.

Considering we only took the lead in the 83rd minute, to somehow find 9 minutes of time wasting in 7 minutes of football, is quite impressive.

We absolutely over did the shithousing, but that referee would have played 15 minutes until Coventry scored if needed. Fact is we have little hope of surviving any type of onslaught by teams.

Van Hecke could (should) have walked in the first 10 minutes, but the referee was full Sky Blue in the 2nd. We may have been shithousing, but they were left with little choice.

4 hours ago, rigger said:

There are not many people who know, what goes on in Mowbrays head.

Screenshot_20220403-133822_Google.jpg

Edited by Angry_Pirate
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, unsall said:

No not Andrew, don’t really want to mention names, but believe Dolan had slight injury in training, we seem to have more injuries than the normal. Hopefully fit for Blackpool along with Lenihan but probably without Nyambe.

Poor run of form & injuries/"niggles" seem to conveniently go hand in hand.

44 minutes ago, unsall said:

I'm sorry for asking the question

• Backroom
3 hours ago, yankfan said:

Still can’t believe Gallagher got the start after whiffing on last weeks sitter. How can any player feel performances matter when seeing a player rewarded for continued inefficiency?  

We all know why Gallagher is getting into the team, and I imagine his team mates do as well. All about the amount he was bought for and likely what he's being paid in wages, nothing to do with his ability as he really doesn't have much of that. £5m for a footballer that cannot properly control a ball from a simple pass. 

And we gave him a new contract.

• Like 3

Is it that simple and that cynical? We arent awash with attacking players, plus Mowbray seems to rate him more than anyone else, I think thats why hes selected so much. He wasnt selected at home to Derby even with a lack of alternatives.

Brereton didnt always play for 2 years despite his price tag and Gallagher was only a sub a number of times earlier this season.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Is it that simple and that cynical? We arent awash with attacking players, plus Mowbray seems to rate him more than anyone else, I think thats why hes selected so much. He wasnt selected at home to Derby even with a lack of alternatives.

Brereton didnt always play for 2 years despite his price tag and Gallagher was only a sub a number of times earlier this season.

Yes, Gallagher was a massive mistake which TM is hoping one day will turn good. And the only way that will happen is with game time. If another manager comes in, barring a massive change in form, he'll be lucky to get on the bench.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, booth said:

Yes, Gallagher was a massive mistake which TM is hoping one day will turn good. And the only way that will happen is with game time. If another manager comes in, barring a massive change in form, he'll be lucky to get on the bench.

But there are times when he isnt selected, including 3 games ago and for much of our late 2021 run. It seems a more logical explanation that we dont have an infinite number of attacking players, especially with unavailability issues, and that Mowbray has an inflated worth of how good Gallagher actually is, so he plays quite often. Not that he picks him nearly 3 years in to justify a fee paid in 2019.

I've just finished watching the first half. No way were we as bad as the first half against Derby. Why JRC, Pickering, Buckley, Rothwell and Gallagher are singled out for vitriol is beyond me.

Manager's set up was disgraceful and every time a good cross was put into the box there was no-one there. Travis was best player of the 45.

It's obvious that the management team are not picking the right players in the right positions. They aren't enthusing the team before kick-off. The training methods must be poor. Set pieces are absent in every game. We have endured 5 years of this. It really is time for a change.

To recap..........I don't blame the players. They must be as sick of mis-management as I am.

Tomorrow I'll watch the second half.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dack asking for the fans to rise to the occasion for the next 3 games, they need our support, the least we can do is turn up in numbers and do just that.

Your club needs you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DE. said:

We all know why Gallagher is getting into the team, and I imagine his team mates do as well. All about the amount he was bought for and likely what he's being paid in wages, nothing to do with his ability as he really doesn't have much of that. £5m for a footballer that cannot properly control a ball from a simple pass. 

And we gave him a new contract.

Last match if he would have completed his normal control in front of goal we would have won. Instead he wife’s completely…then is inserted right back into the starting 11 

I hope behind the scenes he is telling the manager to play player in their correct places and play the forwards that are available.

You can have as many fans as you want making as much racket as possible but if it isn't right on the pitch it makes zero difference.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gav said:

Dack asking for the fans to rise to the occasion for the next 3 games, they need our support, the least we can do is turn up in numbers and do just that.

Your club needs you.

Yes Dack did and I hope the next 3 home games sell well cos the club and players need you

17 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Fightin words from Dacky but does it matter when the managers selections start the team off handicapped.

Reading was a painful defeat this was a dagger in the heart, with a twist.  As long as Mowbray is in charge we will not see top 6, never.

Edited by USABlue

58 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Fightin words from Dacky but does it matter when the managers selections start the team off handicapped.

Reading was a painful defeat this was a dagger in the heart, with a twist.  As long as Mowbray is in charge we will not see top 6, never.

We are in the top six !