BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (a) - 2/4/22

9 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Three thoughts on a depressing afternoon aside from the obvious:

1) Whilst I thought we would fly 2nd I'm shocked at how easily we have capitulated the playoff places. Shocking really for such a turn around. 

2) It probably doesn't matter but a draw probably means Coventry won't catch us as they will run out of games given their form. Shame a few other teams will though. 

3) I like our away kit. 

On the TM worst manager ever. Nowhere near.  But I would say he is the most underperforming manager we have had. Coyle, Ince etc couldn't run a bath much less a team. Their best was not good enough. 

TM however. All his mistakes are rectifiable. Players out of position, terrible line ups that need rectifying at half time - if he got basic obvious decisions correct - which on occasion he has - rather than a who is crappest at right wing competition we would be so much better. It's his own stubbornness and overly high opinion of himself that holes us below the waterline. It's criminal. It really is. 

You are right when you say the mistakes are rectifiable. Get rid of Mowbray.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Three thoughts on a depressing afternoon aside from the obvious:

1) Whilst I thought we would fly 2nd I'm shocked at how easily we have capitulated the playoff places. Shocking really for such a turn around. 

2) It probably doesn't matter but a draw probably means Coventry won't catch us as they will run out of games given their form. Shame a few other teams will though. 

3) I like our away kit. 

On the TM worst manager ever. Nowhere near.  But I would say he is the most underperforming manager we have had. Coyle, Ince etc couldn't run a bath much less a team. Their best was not good enough. 

TM however. All his mistakes are rectifiable. Players out of position, terrible line ups that need rectifying at half time - if he got basic obvious decisions correct - which on occasion he has - rather than a who is crappest at right wing competition we would be so much better. It's his own stubbornness and overly high opinion of himself that holes us below the waterline. It's criminal. It really is. 

It’s the slow painful death that’s much worse than the others mentioned, at least they were rightly hated by all and in and out the door QuickTime. For some headscratching reason mowbray has his backers here that really gets on the wick of others who can see through his major faults. If you liked it to a relationship, what’s more frustrating for you, the few months one where you realise they are a psycho and you bin them quickly or the one that at times you think is going to work out only to be let down time and time again and after putting years and years into it you finally realise it’s all just a massive waste of time, effort and money. What one rankles more, I’d suggest the longer term mistake 

• Like 3

How many more points are going to dropped, and halves wasted due to the incompetent team set up and player selections from Mowbray? He is a complete liability the players only showed any belief at all once his errors had been partly rectified half time.

What on earth was he thinking of with that first half selection. 

Rankin Costello in particular was pitiful

• Like 3

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, BlueBro said:

Rankin Costello in particular was pitiful

Sad how poor JRC has proven himself to be. I don't think this is a temporary thing. Either injuries have knackered him, or he was never that good to begin with, and we're only seeing now how far below the required standard he is. 

• Like 4

Over the past 3 games we've rarely looked or set up like a team fighting for top 6 spots.

We have though for 3 halves of 3 games looked like a side fighting to wrong tactical and individual errors and get back into a game.  Now if we actually approached them as a bullish team looking to get as high up as we can and sod everybody else we might be a bit better off.

See Forest and Huddersfield, no better than us but taking up the mantle when it matters. Still think we are capable of a good little winning run again that will see us right.  Approaching games as they do though it'll never happen.

Standard win, lose, draw 1.3 pts a game approach isn't enough Tony just like it wasn't enough to keep us up once over nor win a league.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DE. said:

Sad how poor JRC has proven himself to be. I don't think this is a temporary thing. Either injuries have knackered him, or he was never that good to begin with, and we're only seeing now how far below the required standard he is. 

Never understood the narrative about him the injuries have just clouded over how not up to it he is.  Seen him in the U23s and out of all our youth genuine prospects who've stepped up he is the most over rated by a long way and it isn't through lack of effort.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

wonderful comment by yourself. Is that the best you can say? Against Derby shown how effective he can be in he 9 role. 

Why take a paragraph to explain things when 4 words say it perfectly.

• Like 2

I'm still can't believe we threw away 2 points in the last minute. Gutted I am. 

Mowbray got his team selection wrong again. Dack and Brereton should have started and we should have gone 4 at the back from the start. Mowbray keeps playing Giles on the right where he isn't in his natural position. Also don't agree with not bring Dolan and that's no dig at Hedges but given Dolan is in form and scored for England he would have been. I disagree with people saying that we should have left a sub or 2 until few minutes which I disagree with. Nyambe got injured in injury time so most times all 3 subs are used up. 

We scored 2 good goals and the ball in by Buckley and Rothwell for both goals was excellent. Delighted that both Dack and Wharton scored. 

We are somehow still 6 and I know others teams have games in hand but the pressure will be on them to win. Blackpool game is a must win especially if we are overtaken by other teams. 

Mowbray has to start Dack and Brereton for the Blackpool game. I would start Dolan aswell

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

Just seen the equaliser what the hell was nyambe doing? Shocking defending 

Nyambe should have done alot better than he did. But Could Kaminski not have come for the ball 

32 minutes ago, rigger said:

You are right when you say the mistakes are rectifiable. Get rid of Mowbray.

Who says sacking Mowbray will solve the problems? We have similar problems for years

20 minutes ago, DE. said:

I like JRC and I do think he has talent but not sure he will develop well enough as I thought 3 years/seasons ago

29 minutes ago, DE. said:

Jrc and Gally both starting in a must win match. Diabolical 

• Like 3

Every match here on out must be 

Lenihan. JVH  warton

naymbe                            Giles  

Travis   Buckley 

Khandra/Dolan         Dack      BBD

Anything else is idiotic and most likely  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm still can't believe we threw away 2 points in the last minute. Gutted I am. 

Mowbray got his team selection wrong again. Dack and Brereton should have started and we should have gone 4 at the back from the start. Mowbray keeps playing Giles on the right where he isn't in his natural position. Also don't agree with not bring Dolan and that's no dig at Hedges but given Dolan is in form and scored for England he would have been. I disagree with people saying that we should have left a sub or 2 until few minutes which I disagree with. Nyambe got injured in injury time so most times all 3 subs are used up. 

We scored 2 good goals and the ball in by Buckley and Rothwell for both goals was excellent. Delighted that both Dack and Wharton scored. 

We are somehow still 6 and I know others teams have games in hand but the pressure will be on them to win. Blackpool game is a must win especially if we are overtaken by other teams. 

Mowbray has to start Dack and Brereton for the Blackpool game. I would start Dolan aswell

Nyambe should have done alot better than he did. But Could Kaminski not have come for the ball 

Who says sacking Mowbray will solve the problems? We have similar problems for years

I like JRC and I do think he has talent but not sure he will develop well enough as I thought 3 years/seasons ago

I thought Kaminski should have done better for their last goal.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Lenihan. JVH  warton

Travis   Buckley 

6 of these 10 won’t play for us next year. 

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Mark Atkins on Radio Lancs criticising the way the team was set up for the first half.

Yes he was very critical of the first half formation and players picked. Second half he was full of praise for the team. 

He is excellent co-commentator and I really do enjoyed listening to his opinions on Radio Lancs. He should have a role at the club imo

10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I thought Kaminski should have done better for their last goal.

I think he should have come out for the cross but Nyambe should have done better

13 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Lenihan. JVH  warton

Travis   Buckley 

My team would be 

Kaminski

Lenihan Van Hecke Wharton Pickering

Travis Rothwell

Dolan               Dack             Khadra

Brereton

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Over the past 3 games we've rarely looked or set up like a team fighting for top 6 spots.

We have though for 3 halves of 3 games looked like a side fighting to wrong tactical and individual errors and get back into a game.  Now if we actually approached them as a bullish team looking to get as high up as we can and sod everybody else we might be a bit better off.

See Forest and Huddersfield, no better than us but taking up the mantle when it matters. Still think we are capable of a good little winning run again that will see us right.  Approaching games as they do though it'll never happen.

Standard win, lose, draw 1.3 pts a game approach isn't enough Tony just like it wasn't enough to keep us up once over nor win a league.

I think Forest have better players  than us , ultimately both teams have far superior managers to us though .

Agree with the poster that said we need to get above Luton and Huddersfield for top 6, forest, boro and sheff Utd despite a poor result today will be booking a slot imo. I’d be betting on forest getting up, got all the momentum and manager with experience of the playoffs last year. Reckon he is number 1 manager in the champ 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Lenihan. JVH  warton

Travis   Buckley 

I'd go 4 at the back. 

6 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I’d be betting on forest getting up, got all the momentum and manager with experience of the playoffs last year. Reckon he is number 1 manager in the champ 

Forest look a decent shout Bb, the reason is Chris Houghton spent £20+ at Forest before his sacking, the job was already done for him.

In the same period we’ve spent £1.99 on incoming transfers.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gav said:

Forest look a decent shout Bb, the reason is Chris Houghton spent £20+ at Forest before his sacking, the job was already done for him.

In the same period we’ve spent £1.99 on incoming transfers.

Money spent is no excuse for Mowbray continuing to play players out of position and not picking the correct team.Jones at Luton with a squad value a lot less than ours has them in third. Huddersfield similar.

Our collapse since January embarrassing and TM and his stubborn ways is a big part of it.

Not sure why you defend him so much with the amount of digs he has given our own supporters and  putting the club down.

• Like 9

55 minutes ago, yankfan said:

It’s a very sad state. January a total disaster. Look at how TM left Coventry. Bare bones. He’ll leave us the same 

If we improve as much after him as they did, I'll take it.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, J*B said:

6 of these 10 won’t play for us next year. 

Which is worrying in the extreme for next season, but irrelevant this season for now, as we are still technically in a playoff race. We absolutely have to play our best team until we are fully out of it. (I'm not sure if you were suggesting otherwise, but just in case)