BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (a) - 2/4/22

30 minutes ago, cesus said:

Exactly this. Also there sat a young lad on the bench who is as fast as a bullet who will have charged all those long punts forward into the corner. That guy wasn't Hedges, if the plan was to soak up the pressure the option would surely have been Johnson.

There wasn't a plan just a perceived opportunity to get a player on who hardly features and nobody knows why he was signed.

Also i'll say it now if Mowbray stays beyond summer i reckon at some point in time Dolan will be off. This kid gets messed about by him more than most.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gav said:

I've just read the report on the Telegraph, Mark Robins has accused us of gamesmanship too.

In the 6 mins of the 2nd half extra time Rothwell went down for about 1 minute and the Nyambe injury plus the fan on field at that time took up over 2 minutes so a total of 9 extra was actually accurate. Belated apologies to the Ref for calling him out before for too much extra time.

He also got the Godden dive correct early on. His legs were not clipped, he felt a very slight brush from Van Hecke's hand and took a swanny. It was not enough to justify a spot kick.

Coventry were no angels also diving at any opportunity and their striker is a clumsy git who fouls most times he is near the ball.

Pickerings lame defensive header back into trouble is a major factor in Coventry's equaliser. He did not have a good day and neither did JRC for the half he had.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

With Nyambe going and Giles/Zeefuik heading back to their clubs, the prospect of Pickering/JRC as our wing backs next season with TM in the dugout would have me smelling relegation from a mile away.

We might not even be playing with wing-backs next season. The players we have available might force us to play four at the back. Let's wait and see before writing off another campaign.

8 minutes ago, rigger said:

We might not even be playing with wing-backs next season. The players we have available might force us to play four at the back. Let's wait and see before writing off another campaign.

I smell another transition back to possession football if that's the case and a recruitment based on defensive mids.

53 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

In the 6 mins of the 2nd half extra time Rothwell went down for about 1 minute and the Nyambe injury plus the fan on field at that time took up over 2 minutes so a total of 9 extra was actually accurate. Belated apologies to the Ref for calling him out before for too much extra time.

He also got the Godden dive correct early on. His legs were not clipped, he felt a very slight brush from Van Hecke's hand and took a swanny. It was not enough to justify a spot kick.

Coventry were no angels also diving at any opportunity and their striker is a clumsy git who fouls most times he is near the ball.

Pickerings lame defensive header back into trouble is a major factor in Coventry's equaliser. He did not have a good day and neither did JRC for the half he had.

Their #17 should have been sent off for twisting Wharton's leg / ankle on the ground. He went on to score the equaliser. 

11 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Pickering had a bad game, but do you think he's a poor player? I think he's been a good signing.

Zeefuik may well stay, but we need assurances he's not a crock first 😕

He had a bad game as a LWB until we reverted to a back 4, then he played well as a LB.

He's simply not athletic enough to boss an entire flank on his own. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ossydave said:

I've see a few people say this.

You do realise they'll lose half their team at the end of the season, all the decent players?

Their only hope is keeping hold of Weghorst who'll most likely do a Mitrovic and score a load if he stays.

Utterly deflated after another late goal, although I half expected it 😔

We looked like the Rovers from the first half of the season second half and Dacky and Diaz starting (hopefully) could still make a difference, all hope isn't lost just yet.

A lethargic/injured Nyambe cost us the game.

They'll come down with huge PL parachute payments and (I assume) Dyche.

The roles have been completely reversed from the 90's / 00's. They're a significantly stronger club than we are at the moment. Thank you, Venkys.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Nyambe does what he does in such circumstances and prefers to try to push his man rather than jump to head. OK he's injured here.

Exactly, Nyambe should have defending the cross much better. He got out muscled by their striker

3 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Steven Gerrard following Villa’s 2-1 defeat at Wolves yesterday, referencing the first half where they went in 2 behind: ‘that 45 was completely on me.’

Out of all the shower of sh*te that’s been served up to us by him over the years, has Mowbray ever said that even just once? I’d wager a Merce that he hasn’t.

How many managers really come out and take the blame really? 

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The header went right through him.

He is 4 or 5 yards out, Keeper not going to save that unless its hit his hand or body. The problem was Nyambe's poor defending and if he is badly injured he can't defend then go off the pitch

43 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

With Nyambe going and Giles/Zeefuik heading back to their clubs, the prospect of Pickering/JRC as our wing backs next season with TM in the dugout would have me smelling relegation from a mile away.

Who says Mowbray will be here next season? Plus who says we will play 5 at the back next season? 

Also we have James Brown who seems to be doing well in the under 23 and hopefully we see him a first team Rovers shirt soon 

28 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Pickering had a bad game, but do you think he's a poor player? I think he's been a good signing.

Zeefuik may well stay, but we need assurances he's not a crock first 😕

I think Pickering has been a good signing for us overall. He hasn't been at his best since coming back from injury but I am overall pleased with this signing

39 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

The roles have been completely reversed from the 90's / 00's. They're a significantly stronger club than we are at the moment. Thank you, Venkys.

Lets just hope the parachute payments are used up to service the loan payments to buy the club

• Like 2

Anatomy of a fuck up.

1) As the cross is hit, no danger whatsoever: small bloke at back post tightly marked

2) Uh-ohh…Gallagher, as ever, back on his heels and slow to react to a ball that should’ve been his. Nyambe, who had been ball-watching, gets barged when he should’ve been the one barging, injury or not.

3) It’s all over: Gallagher a useless spectator, Nyambe falling over, no idea where the ball is

4) The one determined player involved gets his just rewards.

95B4684A-4583-4BB7-AB7D-BACBC47CEB39.jpeg

DDC45472-79F8-4462-9DD7-37D8F2626100.jpeg

6EF2CFE1-51B7-46BD-8114-5E8B36FED788.jpeg

BFBDBF44-C39B-4C2C-A9D8-8B795778CA0C.jpeg

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I wouldn't assume that Dyche will stay or that they will spend big given how the current owners bought the club and also given that they will be significate weaker due to a number of players leaving due to being out of contract plus players like Pope, McNeil will go. 

The parachute payments will be needed to cover the losses suffering from relegation.  

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

Anatomy of a fuck up.

1) As the cross is hit, no danger whatsoever: small bloke at back post tightly marked

2) Uh-ohh…Gallagher, as ever, back on his heels and slow to react to a ball that should’ve been his. Nyambe, who had been ball-watching, gets barged when he should’ve been the one barging, injury or not.

3) It’s all over: Gallagher a useless spectator, Nyambe falling over, no idea where the ball is

nyambe was injured,by the end he could  barely walk,should have been taken off,as you quite rightly point out,gallagher was asleep and did`nt see the danger

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

They might, but will they actually spend it? They've been reluctant to do so in the prem for the most part, which may well finally catch up with them this time.

18 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Anatomy of a fuck up.

Kaminski has time to react there.

1 hour ago, rigger said:

The way things are going, I think we might gave to sign up for a 5-a-side league!

54 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Exactly, Nyambe should have defending the cross much better. He got out muscled by their striker

How many managers really come out and take the blame really? 

He is 4 or 5 yards out, Keeper not going to save that unless its hit his hand or body. The problem was Nyambe's poor defending and if he is badly injured he can't defend then go off the pitch

Who says Mowbray will be here next season? Plus who says we will play 5 at the back next season? 

Also we have James Brown who seems to be doing well in the under 23 and hopefully we see him a first team Rovers shirt soon 

I think Pickering has been a good signing for us overall. He hasn't been at his best since coming back from injury but I am overall pleased with this signing

Rothwell and Nyambe obviously definitely going, Lenihan expected to sign new contract, also according to a Rovers physio Dolan carrying a slight injury from training hence no minutes on pitch.

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Gallagher hasn’t got the instincts of a footballer. He’s just a manufactured player.

to be fair to him he did have a decent game,gave their full back a lot of problems,i can see where you are coming from though,massively overpriced for what you get,we could have got someone from the lower leagues to do what he does,probably better as well as cheaper

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think he should have come for the ball but no chance with the header

Modern keepers don’t seem to come for crosses. How many times do you see a goal headed in from inside the 6 yard box nowadays ? That rarely happened back in the day. The guy trying to head the ball would find the keeper punching the ball ( and sometimes the player ) away.

I thought Brad was the best keeper Rovers have ever had and one of the best I’ve ever seen but he wasn’t the greatest at wiping out opposition forwards in the air.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, unsall said:

Rothwell and Nyambe obviously definitely going, Lenihan expected to sign new contract, also according to a Rovers physio Dolan carrying a slight injury from training hence no minutes on pitch.

Yes I have been expecting Lenihan to sign a new contract here but Rothwell and Nyambe will leave. 

Isn't Andrew Proctor the Rovers physio who told you this? 

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Modern keepers don’t seem to come for crosses. How many times do you see a goal headed in from inside the 6 yard box nowadays ? That rarely happened back in the day. The guy trying to head the ball would find the keeper punching the ball ( and sometimes the player ) away.

I thought Brad was the best keeper Rovers have ever had and one of the best I’ve ever seen but he wasn’t the greatest at wiping out opposition forwards in the air.

No modern keepers don't come for the ball and that include some of the best keepers out there. 

• Backroom
32 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Gallagher hasn’t got the instincts of a footballer. He’s just a manufactured player.

The old 'his second touch is a tackle' cliché feels like it was invented for Gallagher.