BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (a) - 2/4/22

2 hours ago, cesus said:

The strange thing with all the time wasting was the ref kept telling the players he was going to add the time on. The extra rest was good for Coventry as they were building up energy levels. At the end we had Rothwell, Dack and Nyambe who could barely move. 

Bloody typical for us to run into the one ref in the league that punishes teams for time wasting when we're out on our feet with an injured RB and no subs left. 

7 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Bloody typical for us to run into the one ref in the league that punishes teams for time wasting when we're out on our feet with an injured RB and no subs left. 

Agreed it never gets followed up, but the bugger did today and it bit us on the arse. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I didn’t manage to see the game today but was 9 mins really justified , seems excessive if there wasn’t a big injury or fan emergency 

Injury time was littered with our players lying down claiming to be injured and also with a pitch invader. Soon into injury time the time remaining was very difficult to keep up with.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I didn’t manage to see the game today but was 9 mins really justified , seems excessive if there wasn’t a big injury or fan emergency 

The trainers were on loads today, maybe I've not noticed it before this season, but the ref let all the treatment be done on the pitch even if it was a standing injury. I always thought they went off and the game cracked on, but today loads seemed to be done on the pitch.

• Like 1

I struggle to remember a season with this many late heartbreaks, truly gutting. Ridiculous amount of stoppage time, but our players certainly did their part with faked injuries that just kept adding to the total amount. We would have been better off just playing out the time, Coventry looked well beaten before that last attack.

Anyway, today was the day Mowbray crossed the line for me. I've defended the 5-3-2 system before, but getting it this wrong with two weeks to prepare is inexcusable. There was never going to be any goals in that starting lineup. Both Dack and BBD showed that they weren't ready for 90 minutes, but having a centre forward and an attacking throughline helped us immensely in the second half. 

There's one good outcome if we don't make the playoffs. The Dingles are doomed so we can look forward to those two local derbies! Better still if we make the playoffs and go up and they come down ( as they will) but I think that's a pipe dream after today

Sounds like we contributed to our own downfall then. I hate lost late points, mowbray is a master at them too. 

as a side note I know from Twitter that a few of our fans were subjected to some unsavoury Coventry fans looking for trouble so hope nobody was too badly effected 

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Sounds like we contributed to our own downfall then. I hate lost late points, mowbray is a master at them too. 

as a side note I know from Twitter that a few of our fans were subjected to some unsavoury Coventry fans looking for trouble so hope nobody was too badly effected 

Unfortunately two lads were assaulted, I’ve seen a photo on twitter of one of them covered in blood, two lads not looking for trouble set upon by 10+ Coventry lads. Disgusting. 

11 minutes ago, Butty said:

Unfortunately two lads were assaulted, I’ve seen a photo on twitter of one of them covered in blood, two lads not looking for trouble set upon by 10+ Coventry lads. Disgusting. 

Iv saw the same yea, not the types that would be giving it big licks either, hate seeing it , thankfully think they are alright after a few beers 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dallydally said:

There's one good outcome if we don't make the playoffs. The Dingles are doomed so we can look forward to those two local derbies! Better still if we make the playoffs and go up and they come down ( as they will) but I think that's a pipe dream after today

They'd smash us.

• Like 2

the first half from us would`nt be out of place on pleasington sunday morning,it was shockingly bad,everyone blaming each other and head shaking from everyone

whoever sorted it out at half time deserves plaudits,who would have thought putting everyone in their best positions would actually work out well!!!!!

im`e of the opinion the standard of officiating in this country is absolutely shocking,the ref was waving play on for genuine fouls and blowing his whistle for genuine tackles,he was equally bad for both sides

7 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

the first half from us would`nt be out of place on pleasington sunday morning,it was shockingly bad,everyone blaming each other and head shaking from everyone

whoever sorted it out at half time deserves plaudits,who would have thought putting everyone in their best positions would actually work out well!!!!!

im`e of the opinion the standard of officiating in this country is absolutely shocking,the ref was waving play on for genuine fouls and blowing his whistle for genuine tackles,he was equally bad for both sides

Whoever sorted it at half time - still unable to give the manager credit when he does something correctly. 

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Whoever sorted it at half time - still unable to give the manager credit when he does something correctly. 

who knows what went on,tony certainly did`nt do **** all at half time in the derby game and for 20 minutes of the second half today he sat on his backside,it was venus doing the organising,tony only got up when it got a big feisty

37 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He deserves zero credit for today. I’d be surprised if his shoes were on the right feet.

• Like 4

We are quite simply throwing games away in first halves and it was the same last season.

Set up like oddjob has picked the team and play like strangers up top disjointed and all over the place. Second half come out and set up to have a go and make sensible subs.

Just WTF is Mowbray on with this caper ?  Because he's played his part in blowing the second half of the season wide apart with this nonsense.

• Like 5

First Rovers game I have been to in years, since I've lived in Coventry for ages. First half, we were toothless and easy to carve through on the counter attack. Brereton-Diaz and Dack made the difference in the second half, whilst Gallagher was absolute clown shoes. 

I really didn't like the cynical fouls and diving that we did, and the time wasting backfired, as we know. 

Final point, how the hell did that fat guy outrun the stewards? Even I could run faster than him.

7 hours ago, OsloRover said:

Tony is out blaming the ref for the stoppage time.

Surely not this is a man who goes out of his way to tell us he doesn’t make excuses. It’s almost as if what he claims doesn’t match up with the reality of what he says.