BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (a) - 2/4/22

If he can't select a team tomorrow to be competitive for 95 mins he should step down or be sacked with immediate effect.

I've maintained he should be allowed to see this season out regardless of what if anything is planned in summer. However the recent slide away is more than just a small young squad not being able to keep up the pace, it is a classic Mowbray death spiral. So for me tomorrow it's all about the attitude and how the game is approached. A manager of his vintage should know exactly what he's going to do and how he'll set up and how to motivate and instruct the team.

Somehow i suspect he'll be caught in ten different minds as the game approaches and end up hands on head bawling out the usual players then throwing the towel in and hiding in the dug out.

Coventry  2     Rovers   0

Prove me wrong boys....

• Like 4

God knows how we will line up. This is in no way a prediction, but I’d go with this:

Kaminski

Nyambe   Van Hecke   Wharton

Buckley                                          Giles

Travis    Rothwell

Dack

Brereton         Dolan

A couple of square pegs in round holes, though not as many as Mowbray usually likes, but I think we need to get our best available players on the pitch.

I can see a draw. We will pick up enough points over the next few weeks so it’s technically mathematically possible for us to make the top 6 on the last day - with a ridiculous goal difference swing, which will be enough to keep a lot of people happy.

The really good news is that there were only 170 tickets left as of 9 am today out of an allocation of 2000. Once again the travelling fan's are doing their bit. The big question is will the team and Mowbray. I was impressed with Coventry at Ewood when they came back from two down to draw and were denied, in my opinion a nailed on penalty.

There are far to many variables from our perspective to call this but as ever I'll take the scabbiest of scabby 1-0 wins.

The portents aren't good. We're usually slow to get going after an international break, we're in poor form and Coventry have given us trouble over the years, going back to the 1966-67 season when we lost a big promotion game at Ewood against Jimmy Hill's team

This is an away game I was looking forward to as I haven't been to the Ricoh but unfortunately I'm away. This script is probably written though - from the start we'll be all over the place with a disjointed, disinterested team that will probably go 2-0 down before it wakes up and starts to play well in the last 10 minutes

Coventry 2 Rovers 1

They beat Sheffield Utd 4-1 at home but then lost to Hull 2-0, so they seem a bit hit and miss.

They will however hammer us as Mowbray won't have a clue what to do with our starting lineup.

Coventry 3 Rovers 0

Coventry are in pretty dire form as well as us apart from that freak win vs Sheff Utd when they battered them...Good luck to anyone attempting a prediction for this!

Looking forward to it personally.  A new ground to tick off the list, many beers and some proper (hopefully) football.

The line up obviously depends on a number of injury concerns but it must surely be time for Dack to start?

As a side note - did anyone go to Coventry away early 90's, think it was the last away game of the season a night game?  Still one of my favourite away days although we got beat.  Many rovers were in fancy dress, remember batman and robin going on the pitch when we scored an equaliser at one point 😆

• Like 1

So glad to see Dolan have an impact for England. We probably need a point to stay in the top 6, as M’bro likely wins at Peterborough, and we only have 2 pts over them on goal diff.

Hoping & praying that carries over vs Coventry, I will say, 1-1. 

Edited by WacoRover

We're still in the top 6 (somehow) so we won't turn our form around yet.

It will be late April once we are looking up at the top 6 that our form starts to recover.

Someone said last night that it was Bournemouth away - 11th December - when we last saw Rovers score a League goal away from home (as Cardiff was behind closed doors). That is ridiculous.

Coventry have fight and will keep going until the end as we learned at Ewood and as their home form suggests. Even though they lost to Hull last time round they had chances (real chances such as a ball being about 1mm from going over the line, not the chances we claim to have when a tame shot from the edge of the area is easily claimed by the keeper)

Edited by JHRover

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Coventry are in pretty dire form as well as us apart from that freak win vs Sheff Utd when they battered them...Good luck to anyone attempting a prediction for this!

Looking forward to it personally.  A new ground to tick off the list, many beers and some proper (hopefully) football.

The line up obviously depends on a number of injury concerns but it must surely be time for Dack to start?

As a side note - did anyone go to Coventry away early 90's, think it was the last away game of the season a night game?  Still one of my favourite away days although we got beat.  Many rovers were in fancy dress, remember batman and robin going on the pitch when we scored an equaliser at one point 😆

I was there with six family members. I am the only one who still goes. I still remember the Coventry fans coming across the pitch towards the Rovers fans at the final whistle. Both sets of fans ended up singing, " We only hate Man united ". 

• Like 1

Kaminski

Nyambe     Van Hecke   Wharton    Pickering

Travis        ?

Dolan             Dack          Khadra

Gallagher 

? - Buckley or Rothwell for a more creative option, davenport or edun if you want a bit more energy and solidity

Brereton off the bench between 45-60 mins

Van Hecke and Lenihan are doubts, presumably, having missed out during the internationals. Ayala also is coming back from injury, making the choice to loan out both Carter and Magloire even more suspect.

Mowbray has implied he'll patch one or two up but I'd rather see a reserve defender like Sam Barnes come in. It'll be a mistake, too, to draft in Johnson in defence alongside not fully fit defenders. It might be possible to get away with it when everyone else is fully fit.

I'd like to see 4-5-1 with true wingers or, maybe, 3-5-2 with Dolan and Brereton strikers and try Rothwell as the AM and Buckley alongside Travis. Giving Rothwell some licence might help him improve and Buckley can recover his form by playing passes, which is more hos game.

But, more likely, Dolan will be lone No.10/false 9 and Gallagher right wing.

Edit: This line-up could be brilliant if it could be made to work.

Kaminski

Nyambe, van Hecke (if fit), Wharton, Giles

Travis, Buckley

Dolan, Rothwell, Khadra

Brereton

Edited by riverholmes

5 hours ago, Ossydave said:

I went to that night game Dave. We took thousands and were down the side if I remember correctly. I do remember that it was on Sky and that Andy Gray commented that he’d never heard such a noise from away fans. As you say, we were beaten, and United secured the title because of the defeat.

• Like 1

It may be that both Van Hecke and Lenihan could be out....I think Van Hecke will be OK so probably we could revert to a 4-3-3 formation...

Kaminski

Nyambe, Van Hecke, Wharton, Pickering

Rothwell, Travis, Giles

Khadra, Brereton, Dolan

Dack ready to come on if things dont work out.

Edited by neophox

iv`e got a ticket for saturday,but feel unwhelmed and not to bothered about going,id`e normally be buzzing,we are in  a play off spot so i should be really looking forwards to it,mowbray has reduced me to a shadow of my former supporting self🙂😥,what have we got to look forward to ,90 minutes of sideways nothingness with the hope coventry don`t score,pretty certain we won`t,prediction is a soulless 0-0 cited as a triumph and a good point by his legions of happy clappers,the rest of us just shake our heads as we fall out of the play off race🤣

• Like 1