BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (a) - 2/4/22

He’s just being stubborn now. Not surprised.

Under what circumstances does Hedges get on the pitch today? He’s never getting on before Dack, Dolan or Brereton… and that’s without Khadra, Poveda or Markanday available. Ludicrous signing that seems to be in preparation for the big summer dumb down.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Almost as bad a run of games as you've ever seen at Rovers. Last season in about the same period was actually worse. This just hurts more because of the position we were in.

We scored 3 goals in 2 and a half months. This year was worse than last - the fact they're comparable says it all about Mowbray.

6 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Under what circumstances does Hedges get on the pitch today? He’s never getting on before Dack, Dolan or Brereton… and that’s without Khadra, Poveda or Markanday available. Ludicrous signing that seems to be in preparation for the big summer dumb down.

An ambitious and competent manager would have used January to bring in players to consolidate the playoffs, we got back up RBs and an SPL attacker who will barely make the squad if all players are fit. 
It was criminal and we all called it out at the time. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Our Manager does my f*cking head in. Week in, week out. Apart from that two month spell he selects bizzarre, difunctional line-ups, and today is no different with that front line.

It’s not even like he has to keep selecting players in the wrong position. He doesn’t want us to go up. He can’t do. Sack him now please. 

• Like 3

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0btbgjp

Funny how he casually drops in how Robbins has done a good job from where they were. In other words where he left them. “At Coventry I just thought let somebody else have a go. Salt of the earth considering he’d not won any of his first 10.”

“Do you think about the possibility of promotion?” “It doesn’t cross my mind one iota.” The arrogant dismissive bugger. 

Of all the things he says that irritate me one little thing that bugs me is the fact that he sounds like his voice is being played on an old crackly record player. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Dan said:

Is that ever going to work? Fucking idiot manager never learns. 

Nope. Gallagher plays best as a striker. If he not playing 9 role then he should be on the bench

16 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I agree with the stubborn part. 

Hedges is looking like a back up player even next season unless we have a different manager who might actually used him properly. 

I still don't understand the team selection at all. JRC and Buckley wouldn't be in my team but 2 attacking players in Dack and Dolan and lets play Gallagher up front not in a wide role for once. But Stubborn Mowbray won't do that. So annoying he is getting and my patience is running out very quickly

• Backroom

Fortunately we're in a league where even a stupid team selection like today's has a chance of winning. We shouldn't be left hoping the opposition has an off day every week, but that's how I feel every time I see Mowbray's team selections. 

8 minutes ago, matt83 said:

“Do you think about the possibility of promotion?” “It doesn’t cross my mind one iota.” The arrogant dismissive bugger. 

He’s actually said this?!?!? 

That’s an absolute disgrace if so.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nope. Gallagher plays best as a striker. If he not playing 9 role then he should be on the bench

I agree with the stubborn part. 

Hedges is looking like a back up player even next season unless we have a different manager who might actually used him properly. 

I still don't understand the team selection at all. JRC and Buckley wouldn't be in my team but 2 attacking players in Dack and Dolan and lets play Gallagher up front not in a wide role for once. But Stubborn Mowbray won't do that. So annoying he is getting and my patience is running out very quickly

Gallagher is probably better in an office or something. Striker, winger, wide forward, he's just not a footballer.

9 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Yet apparently some of us on here are conspiracy theorists, have agendas, look into things too deeply and are talking crap just because we don't like Mowbray. Yeah.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Miller11 said:

He’s actually said this?!?!? 

That’s an absolute disgrace if so.

54:45-54:54 Do you think about the possibility of promotion?” “It doesn’t cross my mind one iota.” Followed by a diatribe bemoaning the fact Robbins has it so much easier than he did.  

8 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Did he just pull names out of a hat? Bloody hope he has a plan, because that line up looks very suspect in a must win game

Accepting that Mowbray is never getting us promoted has greatly improved my mental health. Believing that we could still make it and then seeing todays line up would have given me a coronary. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, matt83 said:

54:45-54:54 Do you think about the possibility of promotion?” “It doesn’t cross my mind one iota.” Followed by a diatribe bemoaning the fact Robbins has it so much easier than he did.  

Jesus wept. He should be rallying the troops right now, call to arms to them, the fans, the club. Best opportunity in ten years, we’ll do all we can. All we ever get is a shrug of the shoulders. Sick of the bloke.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

9 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Just what the hell is that bollox all about!!😠

His team selections back up the fact he doesn’t think about promotion. He doesn’t look at the table anyway. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, matt83 said:

I got as far as the bit where he went on about us being “a young team punching above their weight”

Disgusting.

• Like 1