BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (a) - 2/4/22

16 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Highly unlikely IMO that Venkys have meddled in anything

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19885006.blackburn-rovers-owners-venkys-standing-firm-joe-rothwell/

It’s never a good career move to tell lies about your employers.

Reading between the lines in Jan, Mowbray would have let Rothwell go, the owners refused to sell.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gav said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19885006.blackburn-rovers-owners-venkys-standing-firm-joe-rothwell/

It’s never a good career move to tell lies about your employers.

Reading between the lines in Jan, Mowbray would have let Rothwell go, the owners refused to sell.

Oh I don't doubt Mowbray would have sold him if it was only his decision. From a financial and happy camp point of view it made sense. No doubt Mowbray also supported the sale of Armstrong hoping to get some cash from that to spend on new players and keep himself in the good books with the owners. 

Again, if the owners are so passionate about how we are doing, so determined to get us where we want, they are prepared to keep a player against his wishes, against their manager's advice and miss their last chance of getting a fee for him that is completely at odds with everything else that has happened here in the last 18 months.

Manager hasn't the foggiest what is going on and has admitted having no contact with the owners

No investment in the squad when 2nd in the league.

Best players allowed to run their contracts down and leave 

Yet one of them knows so much and is so on the ball as to actively block a Rothwell move? 

As I say, not buying it no matter what tale Mowbray tries to spin in the Telegraph 

The top owners are in absentia. No answers, no yes or no to any proposal.

Whatever business does get done Falls within the limited parameters afforded to Pasha and Waggott.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

This is a good point, as we are abysmal scoring pk’s & totally inept on corners. 

Lets get back to basics we can't even take throw-ins. All of these should be basic training routines.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 4

I haven't seen us win away all season, I'm going today, surely the laws of averages mean a win at some point - I've never been a full season without at least 1 away win I don't think 😕

I accept no responsibility if we balls things up again though.... 

• Like 1

• Backroom

Agree with others, Rothwell has been crap since his 17 cup finals speech, imagine he’s got double the amount of yellow cards than goals and assists since then

Hopefully he signs off on a high though 

26 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Just can't put Rovers on any weekend accy atm...you just dont know which side is going to turn out.

1-1

You have since the turn of the year! 
Must win today given the clubs queuing behind us. Think JVP is fit to play which is a boost.

Cov 0 Rovers 2. Come on boys, FFS.

With Forest currently winning and strolling it and with a superior GD we will start our game outside of the playoffs and we have played more games than all those just above or below us.

Ours is a must win if ever there was.

Time for Mowbray and Rovers to show up.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

With Forest currently winning and strolling it and with a superior GD we will start our game outside of the playoffs.

Ours is a must win if ever there was.

Playoffs have gone. We're just playing out the string now.

As bad a run of games as I've ever seen at Rovers. Heads should be rolling left, right and centre... y'know if we were a normal club and not the basket case we are.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Playoffs have gone. We're just playing out the string now.

As bad a run of games as I've ever seen at Rovers. Heads should be rolling left, right and centre... y'know if we were a normal club and not the basket case we are.

Yes, I think we have fecked it up too.

We have to rely on others bottling it but we seem to better bottlers than most.

That comes from the Manager.

• Like 1

Nervous about today because I can't stop dwelling on how much of a rotten run we've been on. Bothers me more each week watching it all fall apart. A win would probably foolishly get me back excited again. The joys 🙄.

14 minutes ago, Silas said:

Nailed on draw.

We're not good enough to win.

Not bad enough to lose.

Pretty much sums up our season, and why we won't go up.  

We are easily bad enough to lose - I know the international break feels like forever, but our last match we lost to Reading 1-0, a team that have conceded 73 goals this season already. 

• Like 1