BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (a) - 2/4/22

It'll be Dolan false 9,  Gallagher wide one side and probably Giles the other - right seeing as Tony has decided this LWB is now a right wide fwd.

He'll wait till we are 0-1 down then start throwing the big guns on.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Dolan, dack and Brereton up top would scare any defense. That's the front 3 I'd start with

id`e try it in the 2nd half for 1/2 hour i don`t think dack or ben are ready for 90  minutes yet,but yeah,the attacking side of it appeals to me,i predict the old false nine will present on saturday though😒

• Like 1

I just read “Mowbray’s injury update”…

Eight names are on it. Only a couple of them look likely to play.
Ayala, warmups with team;

Markanday, with physios;

Khadra on grass;

Lenihan, with physio’s.

At this moment, we have ONE fit centre-back.

This is not very encouraging news. 

Edited by WacoRover

9 hours ago, arbitro said:

The really good news is that there were only 170 tickets left as of 9 am today out of an allocation of 2000. Once again the travelling fan's are doing their bit. The big question is will the team and Mowbray. I was impressed with Coventry at Ewood when they came back from two down to draw and were denied, in my opinion a nailed on penalty.

There are far to many variables from our perspective to call this but as ever I'll take the scabbiest of scabby 1-0 wins.

I got mine today and they said there was quite a few left, so presume the initial 2000 has sold out and they have asked for more, so if they shift a few more tomorrow and a few walk ons we could have around 2300 there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WacoRover said:

Back to the injured list…

Can we assume Nyambe, Edun, Deyo, & BB-D will play? I’m not sure if we can assume or infer anything. 

Mowbray said yes to the first 2, Deyo is a no, Brereton not back until tonight, maybe on the bench.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

The portents aren't good. We're usually slow to get going after an international break, we're in poor form and Coventry have given us trouble over the years, going back to the 1966-67 season when we lost a big promotion game at Ewood against Jimmy Hill's team

This is an away game I was looking forward to as I haven't been to the Ricoh but unfortunately I'm away. This script is probably written though - from the start we'll be all over the place with a disjointed, disinterested team that will probably go 2-0 down before it wakes up and starts to play well in the last 10 minutes

Coventry 2 Rovers 1

I remember the match back in 1966/67 quite well.  A big crowd on that day (pushing 30,000) with a big Coventry following.  Thought we had the beating of them until Fergie did what Fergie did and stuck a real one on a Coventry player in the first half (and sent off) and it was always going to be up hill then to a good team.  Think Bobby Gould netted their winner?

Going for a surprise Rovers' win - we've injuries and so have they and Mowbray always seems to come up with a surprise result when he needs to take the pressure off himself.  

Edited by Mercer

8 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I remember the match back in 1966/67 quite well.  A big crowd on that day (pushing 30,000) with a big Coventry following.  Thought we had the beating of them until Fergie did what Fergie did and stuck a real one on a Coventry player in the first half (and sent off) and it was always going to be up hill then to a good team.  Think Bobby Gould netted their winner?

Going for a surprise Rovers' win - we've injuries and so have they and Mowbray always seems to come up with a surprise result when he needs to take the pressure off himself.  

I'd saved up and treated myself to a seat upstairs in the Riverside and had a good view of Fergie kicking the bucket.

Gould scored at the Darwen End.

We were the better team but couldn't score, well that's how I remember it, against thugs.

16 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Was only young at the time but IIRC Fergie elbowed the Coventry left back in the face right in front of the referee and the Nuttall Street stand. Was the full back George Curtis or Dietmar Bruck? First time I'd seen a sending off - they were so rare in those days

The match was a turning point for Rovers as a club. If we'd won we'd a good chance of going straight back up to the first division but we didn't and we went into a steep decline from that point. Coventry at the time represented the shiny new motor industry and east Lancashire the declining textile trade. It was all so symbolic

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WacoRover said:

Dan Pike recalled from Fylde. 
He’s not a natural centre-back, but with our troubles, he might be on the bench this weekend. 

I thought loanees could only return to play in a window…but as has already been said, he’s injured which might explain it…

8 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Was only young at the time but IIRC Fergie elbowed the Coventry left back in the face right in front of the referee and the Nuttall Street stand. Was the full back George Curtis or Dietmar Bruck? First time I'd seen a sending off - they were so rare in those days

The match was a turning point for Rovers as a club. If we'd won we'd a good chance of going straight back up to the first division but we didn't and we went into a steep decline from that point. Coventry at the time represented the shiny new motor industry and east Lancashire the declining textile trade. It was all so symbolic

Bruck, I think. Curtis and Bruck had been kicking Fegie all game.

It was a watershed game and even as a 15 year old at the time I knew it.

Season ending possibilities abound in this fixture. All we can know for sure is that TM will deploy a befuddled array of players in non-native positions, tactics that confound any sense of style or planning, and facial expressions more Haka-like than any All Black could dare to muster.

If it goes Rover's way, we continue to dare to dream of a top 6 finish.

If it goes Coventry's way, that is the end of the road for any top 6 ambitions and the fat lady can sing.

If it is a nervy draw, Meh...

Going for a nervy draw..

Guidance on how you cant watch the game on RoversTV

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2022/april/01/roverstv--watch-rovers-at-the-ricoh-/

Thankyou Rovers for information as useful as tits on a carrot.

Useful is like this:

https://m.livesoccertv.com/match/4039534/coventry-city-vs-blackburn-rovers/

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

I know I get this game on ESPN+. 
Well worth the $7.35/Mo I pay, when I figure in all the college sports I can watch. I went to a smaller university (Stephen F. Austin, Nacogdoches, Texas), I can watch most of their football (collegial tackleball, to most of my English friends 😁) & basketball. 

Edited by WacoRover
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Bruck, I think. Curtis and Bruck had been kicking Fegie all game.

It was a watershed game and even as a 15 year old at the time I knew it.

Yeah Bruck was hacking at Fergie right from the kick off. They’d obviously figured out he was our danger man. In the end he lost it and as Bruck was hacking the back of his legs he swung his arm back at Bruck. It would be a sending off all day long today but not so much in those days. We huffed and puffed without creating much without Fergie. We’d no size in the forward line.  They had one chance and scored from it. My abiding memory is of Ronnie Clayton and Gould chasing a long bouncing ball towards the Blackburn End, Ronnie had a head start and was winning the race and had got in front of Gould so Gould just booted him up the arse ! That would also be a sending off all day long today, ask Andy Todd. In those days Gould got a booking.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

Mowbray was just on the radio and said he would switch to four at the back if injuries dictated we had to do so.

He said something along the line of "We won't play players at centre back who aren't centre backs - it won't be Nyambe, Johnson and AN Other....Wharton"

He seemingly forgot about our only actual fit centre half.

Rovers should return to back 4 and start playing on the front foot, pressing high and win the ball back quickly

Kaminski

Nyambe Van Hecke Wharton Pickering 

Travis  Rothwell

Dolan                Dack              Giles

Gallagher or Brereton

Subs:- Pears, Brown, Johnson, Khadra, Buckley, Hedges, Brereton or Gallagher