BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (a) - 2/4/22

42 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers should return to back 4 and start playing on the front foot, pressing high and win the ball back quickly

Kaminski

Nyambe Van Hecke Wharton Pickering 

Travis  Rothwell

Dolan                Dack              Giles

Gallagher or Brereton

Subs:- Pears, Brown, Johnson, Khadra, Buckley, Hedges, Brereton or Gallagher

Where's the dislike button?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

rothwell holding the midfield with travis,he`s at the wrong end of the pitch

Yeah, we’ve got a patchwork squad for sure… Tony will resort to square peg/round hole philosophy, & bemoan our lack of success postgame. Heck, he doesn’t even have to think up a new speech, he’s got that one down Pat! 😆

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rothwell has played next to Travis all season and this is where is perform his best this season. 

no he has`nt,he was played further forwards during our good run with buckley dropping back to cover with travis and vice versa,one of the main reasons we looked decent,he`s been **** since mowbray reverted back to type and has him collecting the ball from the centre backs,thats because it`s not his forte,no wonder he won`t sign a new deal tbh

• Like 1

Rothwell has played alongside Travis all season.

His attributes should lend to playing further forward and although he has been poor since December, he was having his most productive season in terms of assists and goals playing further back.

Previous seasons when playing further forward his end end product was nearly non existent

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Rothwell has played alongside Travis all season.

His attributes should lend to playing further forward and although he has been poor since December, he was having his most productive season in terms of assists and goals playing further back.

Previous seasons when playing further forward his end end product was nearly non existent

3 goals and 7 assists in 27 games, not that impressive. I would prefer him further forward.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, rigger said:

3 goals and 7 assists in 27 games, not that impressive. I would prefer him further forward.

It's more impressive than when he was playing further forward.

He didn't score or assist when playing up there.

Like I said his attributes should lend themselves to playing further forward but Rothwell see's himself as an 8 and wants to be playing in the centre of the park

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

It's more impressive than when he was playing further forward.

He didn't score or assist when playing up there.

Like I said his attributes should lend themselves to playing further forward but Rothwell see's himself as an 8 and wants to be playing in the centre of the park

I am not trying to change your opinion. You think Rothwell should play deeper, I think he should play more forward. Each to their own.

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

I am not trying to change your opinion. You think Rothwell should play deeper, I think he should play more forward. Each to their own.

No I think Rothwells attributes are better suited to playing further forward, but the player himself thinks himself as an 8 and wants to play further back.

Up until last/this season the majority of his appearances where further forward and his stats in terms of goals and assists and end product in general are worse than they are playing further back .

7 assists isn't that impressive but he got less than half that over a full season playing further forward.

54 minutes ago, rigger said:

You think Rothwell should play deeper, I think he should play more forward.

I think he should be at Bournemouth, he would be if the owners hadn’t meddled in first team affairs. 

He’s been awful since January.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, islander200 said:

No I think Rothwells attributes are better suited to playing further forward, but the player himself thinks himself as an 8 and wants to play further back.

Up until last/this season the majority of his appearances where further forward and his stats in terms of goals and assists and end product in general are worse than they are playing further back .

7 assists isn't that impressive but he got less than half that over a full season playing further forward.

7 assists is pretty good.

The player in the Premier league with the most assists is on 10 for reference.

Not that common that we have a player with 10+ assists in a championship season. The only one I can think of is Conway.

3 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

7 assists is pretty good.

The player in the Premier league with the most assists is on 10 for reference.

Not that common that we have a player with 10+ assists in a championship season. The only one I can think of is Conway.

Not for 27 games in the second division.

11 minutes ago, Gav said:

I think he should be at Bournemouth, he would be if the owners hadn’t meddled in first team affairs. 

Yes, we'd have been so much better off without Rothwell and if Mowbray and Park had been able to grease even more palms by bringing in another completely out of their depth journeyman like Hedges.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

3 minutes ago, rigger said:

Not for 27 games in the second division.

Hes got 8 assists not 7 and a quick look shows that to be the 8th highest in the league. 

Giles has 10 assists but only 1 of them has been for us I believe.

My point is. 8 assists is a good return at this stage of the season. He has clearly been more productive this season. 

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yes, we'd have been so much better off without Rothwell and if Mowbray and Park had been able to grease even more palms.

Stop making things up Revidge, it’s almost as laughable as the bullshit you started about Mowbray taking a cut from the training ground sale.

Complete and utter garbage and Rothwell has been awful since January, which was the main point.

Edited by Gav

16 minutes ago, Gav said:

Highly unlikely IMO that Venkys have meddled in anything

If they have then Mowbray should have offered his resignation.

But these are the people who don't come to games, probably don't watch them, don't speak to anyone at the Club, don't have any interest, let the club rot and have no interest in results or performances. If they did Mowbray wouldn't still be here.

More crafty maneuvering from Waggott and Mowbray here. They've managed to turn Venkys not answering the phone or doing anything to Venkys stubbornly resisting bids for our best players to aid our promotion push.

They just aren't interested. If they were they'd have offered a relative war chest in January to get us over the line. Did next to nothing and now look at us.

Look at the Mowbray situation. He hasn't a clue what is happening. Venkys are really going to allow that uncertainty and allow contracts to run down on valuable players yet intervene to refuse a sale against the managers advice and wishes?

I simply don't believe it. Amazing anyone does IMO.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gav said:

Stop making things up Revidge, it’s almost as laughable as the bullshit you started about Mowbray taking a cut from the training ground sale.

Complete and utter garbage.

Not sure I've said that anywhere, and I can only assume from the incendiary post above that   you would have been happier if we had ended up with a non Cat 1 facility half the size of the one we currently have but carry on.......................

11 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not sure I've said that anywhere, and I can only assume from the incendiary post above that   you would have been happier if we had ended up with a non Cat 1 facility half the size of the one we currently have but carry on.......................

Rothwell was the discussion, you threw the grenade in about the manager taking back handers.