BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (a) - 2/4/22

15 hours ago, rigger said:

Lets get back to basics we can't even take throw-ins. All of these should be basic training routines.

We don’t practice corners in training, so I’m guessing they definitely don’t practice free kicks and throw in’s.

29 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Playoffs have gone. We're just playing out the string now.

As bad a run of games as I've ever seen at Rovers. Heads should be rolling left, right and centre... y'know if we were a normal club and not the basket case we are.

Almost as bad a run of games as you've ever seen at Rovers. Last season in about the same period was actually worse. This just hurts more because of the position we were in.

1 minute ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Best three chances of nicking a goal all sat on the bench

Almost like Mowbray does this on purpose.. honestly could cry with how we have thrown away play offs.  Hope this line up proves me wrong but I feel he will make changes when it's too late 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Almost like Mowbray does this on purpose.. honestly could cry with how we have thrown away play offs.  Hope this line up proves me wrong but I feel he will make changes when it's too late 

He does it on purpose or he’s thick. Or both. 

Giles as left forward, presumably, with Gallagher on the other side. There's quality in that side but the usual dysfunctional positioning. That said, if we press well and Buckley's on form, we might get something, despite the out of position players.

New recruit Hedges still rooted to the bench.

Edited by riverholmes

Just now, Dan said:

So Gallagher and Giles on the wing again and Buckley as a false 9?

If Mowbray/Rovers stick to back 3 and Buckley as false 9 then Mowbray hasn't learned from previous games or willing to adapt and change the tactics which hasn't worked at all. Mowbray is far too stubborn to admit that a change of formation is needed and we need to go back to basics. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

Giles as left forward, presumably, with Gallagher on the other side. There's quality in that side but the usual dysfunctional positioning. That said, if we press well and Buckley's on form, we might get something, despite the out of position players.

New recruit Hedges still rooted to the bench.

I bet its Giles on right and Gallagher on the left. 

That lineup is absolutely fucking piss.

Other than a left back at left wing, a right winger at right back, a right back at centre back, a centre mid as striker and a striker at right wing, it looks good though.

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, Dan said:

So Gallagher and Giles on the wing again and Buckley as a false 9?

You know it. Have to hope the defence are up to it and we scrape a 1-0. Can't see us getting anything more than that. If we concede first we will lose. 

2 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

That lineup is absolutely fucking piss.

Other than a left back at left wing, a right winger at right back, a right back at centre back, a centre mid as striker and a striker at right wing, it looks good though.

😂 it’s like he’s taking the piss out of us now

• Like 1