BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

1 hour ago, SuperBrfc said:

It's most likely going to be somebody none of us have mentioned or even thought about. One of those where you think "eh, is he still about in football?". That's the Venky way.

John Gregory's blue and white army 😢.

Martin O’Neill 😉

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Farke now the bookies favourite on sky, its probably on the back of what Nixon said though, only takes a couple of bets to sway a small market like this.

Yeah, nothing much to be gained from those sorts of markets until the odds are frightening small or they stop taking bets. 

Farke would be brilliant though, even if I'm not convinced just yet that his/our interest is serious. 

If the Farke link is true, it’s probably the best appointment we could reasonably make, but there’s such an enormous job to do over summer that I wonder how long it would take him to right the ship. Other side of that is the potential for him to convince some of the out of contract players to stay.

Can see the reluctance to invest in the squad putting him off, also.

I believe we’re likely to end up with someone who is willing to work with very little budget, which I don’t know that Farke is.

damien johnson now entered the betting fray at 6/1,farke and ainsworth both 3/1,venus is at 14/1(not a bad shout at the odds),dyche and rooney both at 33/1,id`e want 300/1 if i was putting any money on dyche,he`s not coming here,managerial nomarks like lee johnson,woodgate and roy kean all at between 8 and 12/1

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

damien johnson now entered the betting fray at 6/1,farke and ainsworth both 3/1,venus is at 14/1(not a bad shout at the odds),dyche and rooney both at 33/1,id`e want 300/1 if i was putting any money on dyche,he`s not coming here,managerial nomarks like lee johnson,woodgate and roy kean all at between 8 and 12/1

Damien Johnson was higher this morning at 25/1 at Lunch time. 

I backed Farke at 20/1. 

3 minutes ago, neophox said:

Farke is a really tough manager who has high demands in his players....

Exactly what we need. 

3 minutes ago, neophox said:

Farke is a really tough manager who has high demands in his players....

good,only thing i know about him is he had norwich playing attacking football,very attacking,i certainly would`nt mind if he brough teemu pouki here,that lad can finish

• Like 2

I would not getting near any of the mentioned names...Farke has a different attacking style that would suit our current team and he will get more out of our players. Had we had Farke in the new year I truly think we would been promoted.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, JHRover said:

Hopefully, because comparing our list to QPRs is like chalk and cheese.

Current favourite for QPR job is sat mid table of League 2 and only been a manager for 1 year. 

Edited by superniko

7 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I would genuinely walk away - he's an absolute scumbag. 

Same, said this for years whenever somebody for some weird reason suggests him. There have been some bitter pills to swallow in the last decade, but there's no way I'm watching this historic, honourable club led by that utter degenerate. It's a disgrace he is even allowed in the game anymore.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Expect to get completely shot down for this, but I'd be open minded about Appleton in the unlikely event that either i) we'd want him and ii) he'd come back.

I've not forgotten how poor some of those games were - the Millwall replay was an unbelievable low point - but to be fair to him the club was absolutely rancid at that point. We needed the summer clear out before we saw some improvement, which he wasn't allowed to oversee.  Not saying he'd be at the top of my list by any means, but I wouldn't judge him overly on his last spell at Ewood.

I'm really undecided about Ainsworth. On the one hand, getting Wycombe promoted twice, almost staying up in the Championship and getting them in the play offs again with a club that size ha been a minor miracle. He obviously has something about him. Having said that, being a manager of a club like that in L1 & L2 is a world away from competing towards the top of our league. Probably the best of the names at the top of the bookies list anyway. 

I'd be done if Mowbray stayed and I'd be done if Appleton was reappointed. 

I know the latter now has the same rosy managerial CV as Mowbray did when he was appointed of being out of work having  jumped from a League One Club before he was pushed but nevertheless surely even Venky's wouldn't be crazy enough to reappoint someone they (rightly) fired off after just 67 days. I thought Appleton  was terrible when he was here (will never forget the Millwall quarter final) and seemed a very unpleasant character to boot. Didn't he offer fans who were complaining out after one particular defeat?

The only thing you'd say in his defence was that he was sacked after a run of five wins from fourteen games and Mowbray took us on a similar run (or worse) every season in the Championship and survived so Appleton might be forgiven for thinking "What's the difference?"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

So Farke is interested …..

F58D583D-EB41-4823-A45D-C1C7ADBFAB40.png

Hmm. Preferring a manager who doesn't need any compensation paying absolutely sounds like Venkys.

Farke being interested in our madhouse, Venkys having the ambition to want him, and us planning to make a quick appointment, doesn't.

I'm gonna chalk this tweet up as 'typical Nicko guesswork' for now.

• Like 2

obviously i don`t want **** like barton or has beens like johnson,woodgate and grayson,just give me someone who is alive and plays positive football,ainsworth or farke for me,damien johnson is a bit of an unknown,he seems to have been distanced from the first team set up,we simply don`t whether he wants the job or what kind of manager he`ll be

Annoyingly we don't even need a good manager, just the right fit for this club. Don't get me wrong I would prefer a good manager but every manager it seems has a club where it clicks. Hasslebank at Burton is the prime example of this. Goodness even Coyle who was useless (and am not advocating a reappointment) worked well at the Dingles for a few years. And contraversially I'd say Souness and us - never rated him prior to Rovers, but he excelled with us. 

That we haven't appointed a good candidate or the right fit in so many appointments is dodgy as hell. Surely we should have got one right by now, even by chance, if there weren't untoward happenings.  

5 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Annoyingly we don't even need a good manager, just the right fit for this club. Don't get me wrong I would prefer a good manager but every manager it seems has a club where it clicks. Hasslebank at Burton is the prime example of this. Goodness even Coyle who was useless (and am not advocating a reappointment) worked well at the Dingles for a few years. And contraversially I'd say Souness and us - never rated him prior to Rovers, but he excelled with us. 

That we haven't appointed a good candidate or the right fit in so many appointments is dodgy as hell. Surely we should have got one right by now, even by chance, if there weren't untoward happenings.  

In fairness I think most of us were happy when Lambert was appointed, but that's probably the only one in the Venkys era. Obviously that went tits up anyway though.

• Like 6