BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

2 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

There are many more like the above fan on twitter and at Ewood. On here many of us dislike Mowbray's management and give the owners stick over how they run the club, but we seem to be in a minority, which is bizarre as all we are doing is calling for standards to be raised at the club. We refuse to accept and excuse mediocrity at Rovers. That doesn't make anybody who feels like that, "spoilt".

However, inside Ewood is a different matter, as generally the fans at the ground these days think Venky's are doing a good job as they have stuck around this long, we'd be screwed without their money and that they were conned by agents in the early days. There's definitely a bit of "we should be grateful" going around some parts of the fan base.

The irony is, they (the owners) are the reason why Rovers are a shell today and all ambition has been drained away from the club. They are the reason why the club has been dragged down to this level. They are the reason we keep on seeing these spirals and slides down the table (as they could have sacked him long ago). Yet we should be grateful for that and want more of the same by giving Mowbray an extended deal.

It's pretty sad, really, but the fans aren't to blame for all of this.

Stockholm Syndrome at it's finest. 

I would somewhat disagree with the last sentence though. I think the fans do share a portion of the blame for our situation. It is the fans who should be holding the owners and their business partners to account for the state of the club. The fans should be letting them know that everything that goes on at the club will be put under a microscope and will be held under close scrutiny. 

If it wasn't for the excellent job that Glen and others have been doing then Anderson and co would still be wandering round Brockhall freely and acting with total impunity. Now they are confined to the shadows.

It is the responsibility of the fans to make positive changes happen, not just at our club but throughout the whole game. 

• Like 1

The problem a lot of you have on here is that you struggle to realise that a lot of fans just want to watch a team in blue and white at Ewood Park. They aren't obsessives like the saddos posting on an Internet forum at 9.40pm on a Friday night, who pour over every development from Balaji Rao down.

They see owners seemingly keeping the club afloat, they read about ‘X million pumped in’ in the LT every few months (the only place they read Rovers news), those cash injections the only thing keeping us from ‘being the next Bury’. They see a bloke who usually has the club bobbing around in second division mid table year after year, kept on year after year - so that’s obviously good enough for the club and the ceiling of its ambitions, and they’ve dialled down their expectations accordingly.

You want to talk about who to blame for this atrophy? They all reside in Pune.

• Like 9

28 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’ll make the rules thanks Joe. 

It's an opinion, thanks Josh

Edited by JoeH

49 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Screenshots from the board aren't allowed to be shared on other platforms because people aren't there to defend themselves. Think here it's only right that the same applies in reverse

@J*BNot setting rules by any stretch of the imagination, it was just an opinion.

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

The problem a lot of you have on here is that you struggle to realise that a lot of fans just want to watch a team in blue and white at Ewood Park. They aren't obsessives like the saddos posting on an Internet forum at 9.40pm on a Friday night, who pour over every development from Balaji Rao down.

They see owners seemingly keeping the club afloat, they read about ‘X million pumped in’ in the LT every few months (the only place they read Rovers news), those cash injections the only thing keeping us from ‘being the next Bury’. They see a bloke who usually has the club bobbing around in second division mid table year after year, kept on year after year - so that’s obviously good enough for the club and the ceiling of its ambitions, and they’ve dialled down their expectations accordingly.

This. I ignore them now, it's not even their fault. 12 yrs of gross incompetence and chancers infecting the club and atrophy was inevitable. Sad thing is this next appointment doesn't even matter, any decent manager will realise what he's dealing with and bugger off pretty quickly so the best we can hope for is a bang average Mowbray type. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

No, they're saddos watching Britain's Got X Factor Gogglebox with their takeaway. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

😲😲😲😲😲 You'd genuinely accept him back for another year!! 🤯

It wouldn't be my choice but if it plays out that way then we ain't got much say in the matter.

He isn't the anti christ and anything other than a year i think would end badly for the club.

Would you want Mowbray to stay on if Lenihan and Nyambe signs extensions? Can't disagree with what Mowbray had to say about Nyambe in the BBC Lancashire interview, but didn't realise their relationship was so strong (from Mowbray's point of view anyway).

I can't see the business sense in letting Nyambe leave on a free and bringing Zeefuik in for north of £2m. 

Farke seems the obvious choice, but seldom does this club handle business quickly. They're good at keeping things under wraps though, so the final choice might be someone from left field onc emore.

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It wouldn't be my choice but if it plays out that way then we ain't got much say in the matter.

He isn't the anti christ and anything other than a year i think would end badly for the club.

Feck me... it has already ended pretty badly for the club with these gurning chumps and chicken chokers hanging around like some bad smell. What rational person can make a case for TM to be given another nanosecond of chumpery in charge of the matters on field is beyond me.

Gurning Chumps OUT! Chicken Chokers OUT! Overpaid clueless CEO Numpties OUT!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Feck me... it has already ended pretty badly for the club with these gurning chumps and chicken chokers hanging around like some bad smell. What rational person can make a case for TM to be given another nanosecond of chumpery in charge of the matters on field is beyond me.

Gurning Chumps OUT! Chicken Chokers OUT! Overpaid clueless CEO Numpties OUT!!!!!!!!

Calm down.

I'd be distraught if they announced another 3 year pension busting contract but if he said i'll give it another 12 months, whilst the club sorts its shit out i could handle it.

Neither scenario is ideal.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Think it's a misconception that Nyambe doesn't like Mowbray. Some blurred lines between him not making appearances and his persistent injury niggles. Sharpe's impression is that Nyambe was always happy to sign but was advised otherwise. I'd be inclined to believe that narrative than the assumption that Nyambe doesn't like Mowbray. Would Nyambe have stayed here for five years otherwise?

Think you might be right. It's just the fact that there's talk of him renewing now after Mowbray says he is leaving that raises some eyebrows. It could be as simple as him not finding the move he was hoping for and deciding he's better off staying here.

An example of how fan perception can be wrong sometimes. I was listening to a Craig Bellamy podcast interview on YouTube recently. He was saying how Sparky hardly spoke to him when he was here. That surprised me.

I always assumed that the only reason we got him was because of Sparky and that they were mates to a degree, but Bellamy didn't give off that impression. It sounded like Sav being here was more of a factor in him signing than Hughes.

Anyway, back to Nyambe. Sign him up as soon as and don't waste a penny on Zeefuik. I'm so glad there was no obligation to buy the latter.

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

If he stays another 12 months, it will save me £430.

Another 12 days is more than enough but i'm seriously seeing this take a twist most don't want it to now.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Calm down.

I'd be distraught if they announced another 3 year pension busting contract but if he said i'll give it another 12 months, whilst the club sorts its shit out i could handle it.

Neither scenario is ideal.

I'm just fed up with the constant gaslighting the so called management team have shovelled down our throats this past few years. Not saying it couldn't be worse, but it could definitely be much better if there was someone in charge who bothered to have any kind of connection to the fans, and whose idea of tactics wasn't so closely related to 52 card pick up..

I'm as calm as a cucumber.

2 hours ago, neophox said:

Hibs and Hartlepool wants Mowbray...great 🙂

If he goes to Hibs,  I'll be singing, "My tears are drying, my tears are drying, thank you, thank you, thank you......."

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

I'm just fed up with the constant gaslighting the so called management team have shovelled down our throats this past few years. Not saying it couldn't be worse, but it could definitely be much better if there was someone in charge who bothered to have any kind of connection to the fans, and whose idea of tactics wasn't so closely related to 52 card pick up..

I'm as calm as a cucumber.

He is the most frustrating manager iv'e ever seen or heard at Ewood.

Far from the worst and i don't expect miracles hes never been more than bang average at very best anywhere since WBA over a decade ago.  That's a very long time in football.

I said years ago on here whilst he was still man of the moment after the lge 1 then stability season that it was dangerous to let a guy completely stitch up the inside of the club. No matter how well intentioned it might be or how much you trust them it's dangerous ground because at some point it will go sour.

He's the glue that's held it all together at times so whilst i want change, positive change i'd rather see it done on good terms. That's not the impression i get he's clearly miffed his ego is crushed despite how he might be trying to spin it.  They are so reliant on him and Venus down there though that both will hang around until something else is sorted out.

Best case scenario is he takes tomorrows game then they both immediately step down and someone else takes the reigns asap.  A smooth transition is desperately needed but i just don't see it that way, as some have said a repeat of the Coyle summer is on the cards and that's the last thing any fan should want whatever their feelings towards Mr Mowbray.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, bazza said:

If he goes to Hibs,  I'll be singing, "My tears are drying, my tears are drying, thank you, thank you, thank you......."

If he stays it'll be "my heart was broken, my heart was broken, sorrow, sorrow...."

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

Even twelve months would be twelve months too long for me.

I would rather see ANYONE (that hasn't already been here and failed that is) get the gig than Mowbray.

Reason being, we know for a fact Mowbray is a failure. With a new appointment, no matter how unpromising it may look on paper (I.e. Woodgate) there is always that tiny 1% chance they may confound us and exceed all expectations no matter how unlikely it might seem.

• Like 1

And that is where he should be.

He talks about managing a club with clout for the Prem yet hes been telling everyone he's a development coach. 

Says he isn't burnt out yet as long ago as 2019 he was moaning about managers needing mid season breaks. 

He's constantly prattled on about being away from home, funnily enough usually in a bad run never a good one.

The guys double speak is insane at times so i'd assume a job like Hartlepool would be great for him. Near home, plod away and develop lower league players, little pressure and somewhere like that he's a big name. That should appeal to his ego, come on 'Pool make him an offer he can't refuse.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Dan said:

If you look on Twitter you will find many Mowbray fans. It’s like a different dimension. 

This smug looking bastard for example idolises him and he’s not alone. Finish the job? Couldn’t make it up  

I'd like to know what he means by "finish the job".

Take us down to League 1  like he did originally? (Yes yes I know it  wasn't all his fault)

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 2