BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

1 hour ago, goozburger said:

Any contractor would want to know what's going if they're close to their end date without any word from above. Mowbray is being petulant when he states "It's not my job to chase my contract situation" and is getting his just desserts. He hasn't done anything to deserve being chased to sign a contract renewal. That's probably what hurts him.

Mowbrays statement that "It isnt his job to chase his own contract", is bollocks. Who's job is it ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

If Nixon list of Farke, Ainsworth, Carvalhal, Hughton and couple of surprises on the shortlist is correct. 

Another classic piece of tea leaf reading from the charlatan fortune teller formerly of this parish.

You have to love it. Nixon predicts the future manager might be a surprise, but then again it might not.

Ohhhh! Cryptic!

edit - spelling 

Edited by RoverInverness

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Should have had Neil in last summer or before imo.

He just strikes me as having a bit more oomph about him than the shoulder shrugger, ok he might have not done any better but it would hardly have been a huge gamble.

A manager sacked by Preston? With a worse record than Mowbray? 

After 4yrs he was sacked because he was taking them down, but he has a bit of oomph?

Madness.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

The same three I was going for earlier but I'm having doubts about Dyche. Would it work with his Burnley club & town connections. Great if he fires us to the top but too close to home if we tread water. 

Probably wont happen anyway and Nixon will prove a point when one of "his" unknown surprise managers is appointed. 

Very little chance of it happening, but I do think it would work.

Im sure there would be a few idiots who wouldn’t welcome him, but think the majority would revel in his arrival.

It wouldn’t be Coyle MK II. Dyche still has credibility as a manager.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

If Nixon list of Farke, Ainsworth, Carvalhal, Hughton and couple of surprises on the shortlist is correct. 

Then I would like to know who these 2 surprises names are. 

Hopefully we can make an appointment quickly within the next couple of weeks, but if he is right that they haven't decide whether to appoint a manager or go Sporting Director/head coach structure. 

I would LIKE it to be Michael Carrick and Neil Critchley , but I’ve said before David Unsworth is the wildcard , he ticks a lot of Boxes for Venkys  young cheap available and has track record with young players and I am certain he will be considered 

1 hour ago, JBiz said:

I meant really that the promotions and achievements mean he’s done the same as those two managers.

I am aware of Hughtons pedigree - I would probably feel exactly the same as you about his potential.

Would prefer someone a bit more imaginative however but it’s easy to say, Mark Hughes was the last time we had any luck with a new or less established manager, and I can’t see this ownership vacuum getting any better at making those decisions.

Before you start dissing Hughton just remember Owen Coyle has had a Club promoted to the Premier League more recently than Mowbray.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Gav said:

A manager sacked by Preston? With a worse record than Mowbray? 

After 4yrs he was sacked because he was taking them down, but he has a bit of oomph?

Madness.

Sigh, not even worth rising too. 

Put your rod away and get back to that spade in your deep hole and keep digging.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Mowbrays statement that "It isnt his job to chase his own contract", is bollocks. Who's job is it ?

That's the arrogance of the guy though that's how comfortable he became here and how bullet proof he assumed he was.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Far more likely to be 6 surprises.

Nice if you like surprises.

Asda Christmas Cracker quality surprises.

12 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Not seen it mentioned but someone brought up Duncan Ferguson in the pub the other day and the more I’ve thought about it the more I like the idea…

Nope. The man’s a loose cannon. It would be an Ince-like appointment. I’d be betting on us going down 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hopefully we can make an appointment quickly within the next couple of weeks, but if he is right that they haven't decide whether to appoint a manager or go Sporting Director/head coach structure. 

You needn’t worry, if Nixon has a list, it won’t be correct!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

Nope. The man’s a loose cannon. It would be an Ince-like appointment. I’d be betting on us going down 

Really don’t get that from him myself. Serious, intense, big personality etc. The kind of thing that I think we’ll need after TM.

Seems a good match to me.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, AJW said:

I would LIKE it to be Michael Carrick and Neil Critchley , but I’ve said before David Unsworth is the wildcard , he ticks a lot of Boxes for Venkys  young cheap available and has track record with young players and I am certain he will be considered 

Critchley, I think he could be a good selection. 

Another Liverpool coach who hasn’t been mentioned, but is a great football man, is Pep Lijnders. 

9 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Really don’t get that from him myself. Serious, intense, big personality etc. The kind of thing that I think we’ll need after TM.

Fergurson would bring some passion on the touchline at least

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Oh I just assumed you meant because he might give some of the players and the CEO a twatting.

• Like 1

Sounds a bit of a Roy Keane appointment at first but I think he’s always come across well in interviews

Marco Silva’s first team coach

Rafa Benitez assistant manager

Carlo Ancelotti’s assistant manager

Must fancy a proper gig now?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Oh I just assumed you meant because he might give some of the players and the CEO a twatting.

And not before time either, IMO 😉

No, not Ferguson for me - the only sensible candidate that would be a surprise would be Mark Hughes.