BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I can see your point here. I would favour an experience head coach coming in. Farke, Carvalhal and Wagner being 3 candidates we should be looking at for that role. 

Plus an experience DoF like Stuart Webber or Nicky Hammond would be ideal. 

Maybe informal interviews have taken already who knows with their agents to find out what demands and terms are already with certain candidates 

Well I do have plenty of hope on 2 good appointments being made  

Venkys history of appointments has been horrific, so why would you expect them to get two right at the same time?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Another reason of many that you never see a skint bookie.

Whilst that’s obviously true, these specific markets are run as (very small) loss leaders. They don’t make any profit on manager or transfer specials. Hence why they’re so aggressive at changes prices. There is always someone out there who will know before the bookmaker knows and it’s just how quick they can react.

However, they do get customers in the door, get people talking about their odds and get social media exposure of their brand/odds though, so it’s essentially used as an acquisition / retention / marketing tool, something to set them apart from competitor bookies

• Like 3

I'm looking way down the chain based on what I think the owners will do. I suppose the good thing about this manager is that promotion has always been his aim and ambition wherever he has managed.

https://www.castrust.org/2021/05/nigel-adkins-youve-got-to-keep-believing/

https://www.coachesvoice.com/nigel-adkins-scunthorpe-united/

https://www.coachesvoice.com/nigel-adkins-southampton-reading/

If an external appointment is coming then Adkins and Grayson would be two likely options IMO. 

Both available, cheap, desperate to manage again and would jump for the Rovers job. 

Would accept whatever boundaries this lot wanted to impose.

I think the Sporting Director thing is a red herring. They might want to appoint one but won't do that any time soon (unless it is an internal reshuffle) and it will just be left to drag on for months.

41 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Michael Zorc is available as a Director of football, i'm sure there will be plenty of suitors but Zorc n Farke be one incredible team.

Zorc n Farke sound like baddies The Avengers should be fighting 🤣

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, JHRover said:

If an external appointment is coming then Adkins and Grayson would be two likely options IMO. 

Both available, cheap, desperate to manage again and would jump for the Rovers job. 

Ugh 

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I can see your point here. I would favour an experience head coach coming in. Farke, Carvalhal and Wagner being 3 candidates we should be looking at for that role. 

Maybe informal interviews have taken already who knows with their agents to find out what demands and terms are already with certain candidates 

Ideally we will go for a manager of the calibre that you mention, but as I said I don't have faith that we will, we just have to look back over 12 years to see why.

9 hours ago, VenkysRuinedMyLife said:

Intertoto. 

Wow, one of 11 teams to 'win' a Mickey mouse trophy that was really only a UEFA cup qualifier, and the actual winners of it were Hamburg.

C'mon, we're not Newcastle fans, we don't need to try and count that.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, blue_n_white99 said:

Venkys history of appointments has been horrific, so why would you expect them to get two right at the same time?

Have any of these three got promotion on their CV.With the talented youngsters we have got at Ewood, we could do with the next manager getting us promotion in the next few years before they move on.

Just now, bluebruce said:

Wow, one of 11 teams to 'win' a Mickey mouse trophy that was really only a UEFA cup qualifier, and the actual winners of it were Hamburg.

C'mon, we're not Newcastle fans, we don't need to try and count that.

Intertoto ? thought that was the dog in the wizard of oz.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

Waco, you would have loved it pre Venky's. That period from the early 90's to around 2008 was golden. Absolutely golden. So many proud moments with the Rovers taking it to the big guns and beating them. There were many proud moments in general, not just in beating the big heads. The fight, the heart and the winning spirit was taken away the minute Venky's walked through the door, never to return.

Fair play to you for choosing Rovers when the club was in a bad way and for sticking by your choice. Hopefully, one day the true Rovers will be back. It won't be under these owners though, as we're all hoping they fluke their way to the right appointment and promotion. Nobody has any belief or trust in them to get it right. 12 years is a long time to sort things out and they still haven't managed it. We will be back one day though, I believe that, but when they are far removed from the club.

Is it safe to say most Rovers fans hope we luck our way to PL, Venky’s sells the club, after getting that promotion money to recoup their losses, and some fan in the mold of Jack Walker buys the club? 

I grew up in Dallas, hence, fan of Dallas Cowboys & Tom Landry. I am nearly as old as the Cowboys (expansion team in 1960, therefore, I am two years younger). Then along came Jones in 1989. Three Super Bowl wins, but none since 1995, and not a whiff of success since Jimmy Johnson left.

Irony is, Cowboys & Rovers both hit Paydirt for the last time in 1995. so, if we’re hoping Rovers get lucky & promote, I’m not very hopeful of that coming to fruition. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Whoever takes over, he's some talented youngsters at his disposal. With a few signings of his own, we should be pushing for a top 6 finish again.

57 minutes ago, Nuttall is lost said:

Alan Shearer. He knows the club and what the fans want.

Isn’t it true, that despite the fact Shearer’s only time to hoist a PL trophy was for Rovers, he’s at heart a Newcastle fan? Besides, Jack Walker, John Williams, & the rest he knew at Blackburn Rovers are gone now. 

38 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Is it safe to say most Rovers fans hope we luck our way to PL, Venky’s sells the club, after getting that promotion money to recoup their losses, and some fan in the mold of Jack Walker buys the club? 

I grew up in Dallas, hence, fan of Dallas Cowboys & Tom Landry. I am nearly as old as the Cowboys (expansion team in 1960, therefore, I am two years younger). Then along came Jones in 1989. Three Super Bowl wins, but none since 1995, and not a whiff of success since Jimmy Johnson left.

Irony is, Cowboys & Rovers both hit Paydirt for the last time in 1995. so, if we’re hoping Rovers get lucky & promote, I’m not very hopeful of that coming to fruition. 

As a kid when i first started going to watch Rovers they hadn't been in the top division for going on 20 years.

It was just a pipe dream just getting in there and regular crowds of over 10 thousand were a myth to me as well.  I never thought i'd see either and to be honest then it didn't really bother me.  I just loved Rovers being what they were, small town team with tradition, rich history, skint owners and a great kit.

That's why it's hard to take now for the likes of me because missed opportunities and just seemingly existing to carry people and keep them in jobs isn't befitting of a club like this. 

You're a long time dead so the saying goes and the longer you aren't trying to get into top flight again the less your realistic chances become.

I just wish this ownership would wake up to this but their next appointment will tell us, have they given up ?

Where they even that bothered in the first place.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, blue_n_white99 said:

Its been over 5 years since their last appointment so hopefully in those years they have learnt and better understand football and how it works. 

7 hours ago, Ossydave said:

That's kinda the point Chaddy, people see whispers on social media and odds reflect it. I know someone who mentioned Simon Grayson as a piss take the other night, following morning he was favourite 🤣

Another reason of many that you never see a skint bookie.

each to they own, but I remember seeing Coyle odds on favourite for few days and I dismiss it then. I have placed several bets on different possible replacement. 

3 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

Michael Zorc is available as a Director of football, i'm sure there will be plenty of suitors but Zorc n Farke be one incredible team.

Glen, Are you still positive and confident that Farke will be incoming? 

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

Would accept whatever boundaries this lot wanted to impose.

I think the Sporting Director thing is a red herring. They might want to appoint one but won't do that any time soon (unless it is an internal reshuffle) and it will just be left to drag on for months.

You thought that Mowbray was staying despite him saying he was off. 

The Sporting Director role is needed and many clubs even at Championship clubs are now employing them

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Ideally we will go for a manager of the calibre that you mention, but as I said I don't have faith that we will, we just have to look back over 12 years to see why.

Its over 5 years since we actually seen a footballing appointment to the club. Lets hope they have learnt about how football works. 

Would you been happy with Daniel Farke or Carlos Carvalhal as our next head coach? 

1 hour ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Whoever takes over, he's some talented youngsters at his disposal. With a few signings of his own, we should be pushing for a top 6 finish again.

Yes I agree with this