BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

18 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Doesn’t exactly help dispel the “they still think it’s 95” nonsense when you’re asking questions like that.

We didn't appoint Dalglish in 95. And when we did, we were in the second division and I am sure it was a gamble at the time.

The key point which you missed was the owner of Rovers identified who he wanted, then went and got him.

You don't need me to explain the contrast do you?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

We didn't appoint Dalglish in 95. And when we did, we were in the second division and I am sure it was a gamble at the time.

The key point which you missed was the owner of Rovers identified who he wanted, then went and got him.

I think when any business has a job vacancy they have to at least look like they're fairly advertising the position to anybody that has the criteria they need, but in reality football clubs don't play by normal business rules, but they still have to at least appear like they do. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gav said:

How did the Hasselbaink interview go 🤣

How did your sightings of Dyche in La Manga go or your delusional ramblings/nonsense that Mowbray chased Maja all year but was squeezed out for financial reasons.  Hasn't one poster come out and said Mowbray could have signed Maja in January but chose not to!!!

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Just for the record, it was Bbrover2288 that broke the Ferguson story, just sayin.

Not interested in willy waving but you do insist in having a go at me.  Only interested in sharing information that comes my way that others might find of interest.  Might be wrong here but suspect I was the first to post about Ferguson's interview and the heavyweight backing for him.

What did you last break or spew, other than wind and verbal diarrhoea?

Edited by Mercer

3 minutes ago, booth said:

635720397_Screenshot2022-05-29at12_53_07.thumb.png.d4fab783811d6b0f20d3e9b39104cfda.png

Costs a lot - check.

Managerial experience nil - check.

Another novice - check.

Massive risk - check.

That's our man.

You missed off the all important criteria of the Merseyside link (Critchley, Ferguson, Lewtas) and past record of working at youth level, both of which keep on cropping up with alarming regularity.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

The contrast you seemingly can’t see is the difference between our club and football as a whole between now and then.

Kenny wouldn’t have come without top tier wages or guarantees on spending.

I’ll wait for you to explain how it is possible to invest the modern day equivalent, similar Liverpool or City, to go out and get one of the best managers in the country, promise them huge numbers / wages, with FFP and turnover that doesn’t even cover half our current wage bill.

3 minutes ago, booth said:

635720397_Screenshot2022-05-29at12_53_07.thumb.png.d4fab783811d6b0f20d3e9b39104cfda.png

Costs a lot - check.

Managerial experience nil - check.

Another novice - check.

Massive risk - check.

That's our man.

I think the compensation to Villa will scupper that one. He’s credited as being the brains behind Gerrard at Villa and it seems they are reluctant to let him go. 
I can’t see Lampard being too worried about Ferguson leaving.

6 minutes ago, Mercer said:

How did your sightings of Dyche in La Manga go or your delusional ramblings/nonsense that Mowbray chased Maja all year but was squeezed out for financial reasons.  Hasn't one poster come out and said Mowbray could have signed Maja in January but chose not to!!!

Not interested in willy waving but you do insist in having a go at me.  Only interested in sharing information that comes my way that others might find of interest.  Might be wrong here but suspect I was the first to post about Ferguson's interview and the heavyweight backing for him.

I want to know what the heavyweight backing is alleged to be. Waggot, Balaji, the kid ?

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

You missed off the all important criteria of the Merseyside link (Critchley, Ferguson, Lewtas) and past record of working at youth level, both of which keep on cropping up with alarming regularity.

I also missed off...

First job so will do as he's told.

Thinking about it, it would be a terribly cynical move by Venkys and proof that they still have no clue how to quell the debt.

Employing someone purely to develop youth players and sell them on. F*** promotion.

F*** sake.

Edited by booth
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

You're going to have to start taking minutes for all these meetings you have these days.

Not really I am pretty much adept at reading listening and recalling it’s what I’ve done for almost 40 yrs 👍😅 but thank for the advice 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Really. Because to me it seems like you just like to throw names youve heard mentioned out there as a fishing expedition to try and get the odd person to put a bet on which in turn moves the betting odds slightly in your preference.  But you do it under the guise of being an 'itk' 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Strange that. Made pretty clear at meetings I've had that Pasha is the conduit through which Venkys' approval is granted. If Pasha doesn't like an idea, it doesn't happen.

If Pasha has capacity to overrule the CEO, I'd suggest very much DOES make the big decisions.

As I understand what was said is that a decision is agreed with the board and if necessary it goes to the owners the people at the helm have autonomy on decision making

3 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Not really I am pretty much adept at reading listening and recalling it’s what I’ve done for almost 40 yrs 👍😅 but thank for the advice 

Then you know more than most it's all about hard evidence.

2 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Really. Because to me it seems like you just like to throw names youve heard mentioned out there as a fishing expedition to try and get the odd person to put a bet on which in turn moves the betting odds slightly in your preference.  But you do it under the guise of being an 'itk' 

I personally just think he makes it up. 10 years of “wee” titbits and I can’t recall a single time one of his predictions has come true.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, martonrover said:

I think the compensation to Villa will scupper that one. He’s credited as being the brains behind Gerrard at Villa and it seems they are reluctant to let him go. 
I can’t see Lampard being too worried about Ferguson leaving.

I hope so. There's some decent candidates out there at the moment. If we go for someone because of their record with youth development, rather than their ability to win football matches, the future looks very bleak.

I'd expect a very expensive sacking midway through the season and gateway to a scrapheap appointment when it all goes wrong.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, booth said:

I hope so. There's some decent candidates out there at the moment. If we go for someone because of their record with youth development, rather than their ability to win football matches, the future looks very bleak.

I'd expect a very expensive sacking midway through the season and gateway to a scrapheap appointment when it all goes wrong.

I’m convinced that for Venkys cheapness tops youth development, which itself tops results. A recipe for more failure.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, martonrover said:

I’m convinced that for Venkys cheapness tops youth development, which itself tops results. A recipe for more failure.

It's such a false economy for the money they lose year after year.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JBiz said:

The contrast you seemingly can’t see is the difference between our club and football as a whole between now and then.

Kenny wouldn’t have come without top tier wages or guarantees on spending.

I’ll wait for you to explain how it is possible to invest the modern day equivalent, similar Liverpool or City, to go out and get one of the best managers in the country, promise them huge numbers / wages, with FFP and turnover that doesn’t even cover half our current wage bill.

Point completely missed as usual.

I know you're trying to wind everyone up peddling your usual "We're poor little Blackburn Rovers, how can we possibly hope to compete?" line but in this instance the cost is irrelevant.

Whatever the managerial pool we are fishing in, we ought to be able to identify a couple of stand out candidates and bring them in, not interview anyone with a pulse.

The local media seem to be making it a badge of honour that the "short" list is getting longer and longer when the opposite is in fact the case. We need a quality not quantity, a couple of top quality names not sifting through a sea of dross.

Still, what do you expect with Waggott conducting the process?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, martonrover said:

Which is all a pointless false economy anyway, as they’ll still separately chuck millions in just to plug the financial hole that is perpetuated by being a perennial second division club with a cheap manager…

So go figure 🤷‍♂️

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Gav said:

I'm not sure about that Mark, if they appoint another dud this time around I'll be considering not going, because in my opinion its orchestrated decline if they do. 

To be honest Gav I don't blame anyone who goes or doesn't go for a variety of reasons including the manager. Everyone has the right to make there own decision without justifying themselves on here.

It was more a reply to the poster as he claimed it was embarrassing if folk don't go because of the manager, yet he did exactly the same thing 6 years ago. Double standards and all that.

11 minutes ago, JBiz said:

I personally just think he makes it up. 10 years of “wee” titbits and I can’t recall a single time one of his predictions has come true.

There's definitely an element of the betting markets involved the only person so driven by stating the odds can be a bookie/ex bookie.

18 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

As I understand what was said is that a decision is agreed with the board and if necessary it goes to the owners the people at the helm have autonomy on decision making

So......if it goes to the owners...... those at the helm don't have autonomy on decision making?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mercer said:

You never mentioned how the Hasselbaink interview went?

How did that interview go?

Its a Genuine question, a legitimate question based on your claims earlier this week?

You posted he was interviewed? 

Edited by Gav