BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

24 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

June 6th is now Duncan-Day, is that now how to read the tea leaves?

The rain showers at Trent Bridge are more interesting.

He did say June 6th but he didn't say which year though. 😆😆

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, rover23 said:

Wouldn’t rule Farke out the running just yet. 

Sounds to me like his agent has been trying to hurry the Rovers decision makers along. 

Sports BILD in Germany just reported that Farke isn’t in the running for the Schalke job after all. 

That’s because he is going to gladbach

3 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It's getting on 4 weeks since Mowbray left his post - and we knew well in advance that he was leaving.

How are they possibly planning more interviews?!

Yep. I’ve really tried to hold my tongue but this is now appearing farcical at best. We knew he was leaving for a while, yet we’re ‘hoping’ to speak to candidates for a second interview four weeks in. Jesus wept. We will NEVER advance as a club under this lot.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

If we are out of decent options, and it sure sounds like we are, I would give it to a former player, no matter how bad they've done. Dunn or Tugay. Friedel? I understand the risks. But I just desperately miss having someone in leadership that cares about the club. 

Sure Glen said to give it until the 6th. Farke will probably get the job. No reason not to believe what he has been told. Let’s give it time! We know things don’t happen quickly with the Venkys. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

If we are out of decent options, and it sure sounds like we are, I would give it to a former player, no matter how bad they've done. Dunn or Tugay. Friedel? I understand the risks. But I just desperately miss having someone in leadership that cares about the club. 

🤦‍♂️

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

In that case you'd give it to Ainsworth. At least he has a track record in management. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, rover23 said:

Wouldn’t rule Farke out the running just yet. 

Sounds to me like his agent has been trying to hurry the Rovers decision makers along. 

Sports BILD in Germany just reported that Farke isn’t in the running for the Schalke job after all. 

A group of German forummers on schalkefcs.com are absolutely seething right now... 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Damian Johnson looking more and more likely by the day.

I know he’s no managerial experience in the championship but he knows the first team well, knows the young lads well from the u23’s and how well they did (I even think Mowbray was wary of him)

It might not be a bad call thinking about it, rather give him a shot than some of the no hoper names mentioned

Edited by pomster
  • Like 2

Tony Pulis all over it. And not even slightly all over it. We’re talking saturated, with excess Tony Pulis on the side to accompany it.

1 hour ago, AJW said:

I think most would agree Farke and Carvahal were the A listers , everybody else that has been linked (realistically) is B list material , Cocu Woodgate Ainsworth do not excite me .. Manning I just don’t know enough about to give a genuine opinion .. Ferguson Unsworth Carrick are all very risky although out of the 3 I think Carrick is the one that interests me the most Critchley has done really well at Blackpool imo , he for me me would be a leading contender everyone else is either pie in the sky Nuno Benitez etc or shite 

Why aren’t we also looking at Mark Robins of Coventry?

52 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Damian Johnson looking more and more likely by the day.

6 minutes ago, pomster said:

I know he’s no managerial experience in the championship but he knows the first team well, knows the young lads well from the u23’s and how well they did

It might not be a bad call thinking about it, rather give him a shot than so e names mentioned

Surely this would have happened sooner being internal, or he's interviewed alongside the ones we lost and now best of a bad bunch left... 

19 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Yep. I’ve really tried to hold my tongue but this is now appearing farcical at best. We knew he was leaving for a while, yet we’re ‘hoping’ to speak to candidates for a second interview four weeks in. Jesus wept. We will NEVER advance as a club under this lot.

Shhh don't tell Rev as we were all gutter life protesting against these wonderful owners.

28 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

Wouldn’t want any of those three. Dunny, in particular, would have us relegated to non league level in record time.

• Like 2

I'm holding onto the hope that Glen's input is the correct one and the rest is paper and/or agent talk.

Only way to find out is to hold tight and wait to see what happens next week...

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Andy said:

I'm holding onto the hope that Glen's input is the correct one and the rest is paper and/or agent talk.

Only way to find out is to hold tight and wait to see what happens next week...

Would like to think that too but the omens aren't good

• Like 1