BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

1 hour ago, Tormund said:

I’d even take Solskjaer at this rate 

43 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Personally think Solskjaer would be a very good fit for us, the ridicule he gets is way over the top, so maybe he's not cut out for the pressures of "elite" management (only a tiny few are!) but i think he'd do well here with the right support and I'm sure he'll have a real point to prove afyer the way things worked out at united. 

16 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

He finished above Liverpool and Klopp with an inferior side the season before last. 

NOR WAY, man...

It would be like hiring Berg again, yeah he's been coached by a legend in SAF but managerial experience wise, he has very little to go off or be impressed by and has no idea about tactics, he was lucky at Man U with the talent around him both on the coaching and playing staff with daddy ferguson on speed dial, different challenge with us, he'd be out of his depth from the start.

7 minutes ago, Gav said:

Do you think Guardiola, Klopp, King Kenny, Hughes, Allardyce and the rest of them went through a two stage process?

Find your man, sell the club to him, match his ambition, appoint him.....Less than a week, job done.

In all fairness it’s much easier when you’ve got the capabilities to pick from a pool of decent managers. 

When you’re operating with the budget we likely have, it’s more difficult. 

Yes I do think they should have identified a target and gone after him, but imagine they’d gone all out for Farke, he decides the club doesn’t match his ambitions, so we go after an in work manager, say Manning, and he doesn’t fancy it. You’ve then got to start this process of interviewing managers who all know they are third choice at best. 

Once they’ve started this process of interviewing they might as well follow it through properly, even if it wasn’t the right strategy to begin with. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tricky said:

NOR WAY, man...

It would be like hiring Berg again, yeah he's been coached by a legend in SAF but managerial experience wise, he has very little to go off or be impressed by and has no idea about tactics, he was lucky at Man U with the talent around him both on the coaching and playing staff with daddy ferguson on speed dial, different challenge with us, he'd be out of his depth from the start.

"Daddy Ferguson" really tickled me

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Out of those 60 applicants, it would surely take about 10 minutes to whittle out a huge proportion of dross. People like Grayson and Adkins probably applied, in 5 seconds there, 2 CV's in the bin, down to 58.

Sadly they'd probably go straight onto the top of the experienced, affordable and doable pile.

• Like 2

The Mowbray exit spoke volumes on the club efficiency and what we were about to endure. 

I maintain we do not have the people or processes in place to appoint a good manager. If you’d be pleased with the target then sadly you can pretty much forget about them. That’s the reality of this club. Even if Farke or Carvahal wanted to join Blackburn Rovers, they’d be put off by the owners. 

I’d love to be proved wrong but doubt I will, although I do feel there is a slim chance we could end up with boyhood fan Ainsworth and that’s not through skill and hard work or for the right reasons. 

If you’re accepting bad advice you’re incompetent and they will forever hold this club back. The process was always going to drag on and fall down often. They should have had 3 months+ to prepare for this, if they follow the football club, should they not? 

I’m prepared to be severely underwhelmed but hopefully whoever we end up with interviews with a bit more enthusiasm than Mowbray.

VENKY’S OUT!

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

How do you know this? It’s just pure opinion…

Paul, in the interests of a peaceful afternoon, let’s just agree to disagree.

Im sure we both want the same outcome. I just don’t share your faith in the club’s hierarchy or methodology.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The owners clearly had no intention of extending Mowbray's contract months and months ago, so in reality, they have had months to have someone lined up.

But why specifically today, may I ask, should the announcement have been?

I don't know what the owners intentions were. Do you for sure? anything else just more speculating. 

Announcement today which would allow the new head coach to bring him his own staff, sort of pre season training, sort out a couple more pre season friendlies, have meetings with the recruitment team, etc.

Also what happens if the preferred candidate need work permit to work in the UK which would add to further delay. 

33 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Out of those 60 applicants, it would surely take about 10 minutes to whittle out a huge proportion of dross. People like Grayson and Adkins probably applied, in 5 seconds there, 2 CV's in the bin, down to 58.

depends on who the ones you want to speak and looking in their background of some candidates that you might not know alot about. 

9 minutes ago, pedrob2014 said:

I think we have all missed the one of our own tweet sent out by rovers yesterday about Jason Wilcox there is the answer

Wilcox is one who intrigues me. He comes very well in interviews but does he actually have the desire to get into first team football management? He seems to be managing a lot of people at City - but not necessarily in a footballing capacity (as daft as that sentence sounds).

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Tricky said:

NOR WAY, man...

Well opinions are funny things... 

But comparing him to Berg is just lazy! And as far as managerial experience goes he's got a lot more than Farke and has managed a faaaar bigger club the carvalhal ever has! 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

depends on who the ones you want to speak and looking in their background of some candidates that you might not know alot about. 

My point was that yes there were 60 applicants, but it wouldn't take long to whittle a large proportion of them down. I don't see the number of applicants as a major hindrance to getting the manager appointed in a timely manner, in fact I would presume that most if not all vacancies in the top 2 or 3 divisions see a large number of applicants as we seemingly have done.

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't know what the owners intentions were. Do you for sure? anything else just more speculating. 

Announcement today which would allow the new head coach to bring him his own staff, sort of pre season training, sort out a couple more pre season friendlies, have meetings with the recruitment team, etc.

Also what happens if the preferred candidate need work permit to work in the UK which would add to further delay. 

Whatever they were, as per usual, they werent carried out properly, hence my assumption that they don't really give a shit.

If they ever intended to extend Mowbrays' contract (before you go off on a tangent, I know he should have gone) then they never bothered to communicate at all regarding that.

If they didn't, then if they had any genuine interest in our football club, then they would have started to scope out potential replacements in advance. That clearly isn't the case.

2 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Well opinions are funny things... 

But comparing him to Berg is just lazy! And as far as managerial experience goes he's got a lot more than Farke and has managed a faaaar bigger club the carvalhal ever has! 

😉

personally i also cant be arsed with the 'ole at the wheel' banter i used to berate my United fan mates with regularly, they were extremely good times when he was at United for obvious reasons... i just cant see him managing well with such a low budget and being taken seriously which is what our group of young needs. We also shouldnt be given for any ex united player btw, ie. carrick, rooney etc... they have their salford city toy fc or whatever they're called, club for that.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

He finished above Liverpool and Klopp with an inferior side the season before last. 

Liverpool had an horrendous injury list for most of the season, Fabhino and Henderson played centre half regularly, VVD, Thiago etc. missed most the season

5 minutes ago, Tricky said:

😉

personally i also cant be arsed with the 'ole at the wheel' banter i used to berate my United fan mates with regularly, they were extremely good times when he was at United for obvious reasons... i just cant see him managing well with such a low budget and being taken seriously which is what our group of young needs. We also shouldnt be given for any ex united player btw, ie. carrick, rooney etc... they have their salford city toy fc or whatever they're called, club for that.

Most of what you say is spot on. Ole at Cardiff was dire and that would be a better comparison to us than Man Utd, Rooney on the other hand has been superb at Derby despite the almighty clusterfuck he had to work through.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes you could have done if you wanted. 

But I would have wanted to speak 6 candidates and whether they fit the club's footballing strategy and then pick one from those interviews

'Footballing strategy'.....Jesus Christ.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tabula Rasa said:

Posters on here valorising big companies.

Don't be dazzled by the billions.

Big companies are inefficient.

Size is definitely not everything in business.

Well said. In my experience corporate is bollocks, too many levels in decision making and too HR led to get anything done.

5 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

I'd quite like to spend the day inside the brain of someone that thinks we have a 'footballing strategy'

One thing is for sure, there'd be plenty of room.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Nigel Adkins worryingly in to 9-1 at William Hill.

Nigel Adkins right now feels like probably the equivalent of Mowbray in 2017. Wouldn't be a surprise at all, unfortunately.

Edited by frosty
  • Like 6