BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

I've long suspected that the termination of contracts is now a matter for India to decide and India alone. This is the reason why Mowbray was left in place until the very end, why the coaching staff are going to be part of the next man's setup and why Coyle was allowed to wreak havoc until the end of February.

Those on the ground in the UK simply don't have the authority or remit to make those changes. The owners either won't allow it or will take so long to do anything that it will torpedo an appointment anyway.

I also believe that at least 1 of the 3 has a job for life here and wouldn't ever be sacked.

Disgraceful but if that's the way the want to do things that's their choice. I've also got a choice this summer 

Spot on, it's clear any decision with any significance to the bottom line need to be signed off from India, and the people to do the signing off aren't that interested.

Recipe for inertia.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Who are the agent for Benson and Lowe that may shed some light on it?

I should think an agent would be happy to get the compensation payoff and another fee for finding them a new job. It's more likely just the club being cheap. If that's what happened - Unleaded didn't actually say we had insisted on retaining those staff. He just said CC wouldn't want to. Sounded like the actual issue was a delay in getting back to him to confirm the job offer. Oh and probably that 3.5 mill for a year's work he has been offered. We know our offer will be 1 mill per year at the absolute max, and probably a lot less.

28 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

Who to believe..... Unleaded or 1864roverite. One with a strong track record of having his finger on the pulse.... The other seemingly desperate to blame, antagonise and belittle other fans at every turn. 

You must be getting nervous now.  Surely after all you've been told the club can't balls this up?!?! 

Nervous about what exactly? It’s quite clear that money took CC abroad to Warner climes and only on a 1 yr deal it pretty much emphasises his journeyman tag! I haven’t ever suggested he was favourite to land the job and he is definitely not nor has been my first choice so to make sure you understand I am not worried unless of course I fail to land a few fish on Friday 🎣🎣

• Backroom
6 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

.. .its littered with expert analysis, foresight, hindsight and experience it puts the pundits on sky sports to shame 😄

Your point falls a bit flat considering none of them are managers, and I most definitely include Neville in that.

Carragher, Alex Scott, Neville, Micah Richards, Redknapp, Clinton Morrison, Danny Gabbidon, Stephen Warnock. The regulars, not a manager to be seen.

In fact the only one's I can see with any decent managerial credentials is Souness (last managed 16 years ago), and Roy Keane (last assistant managed 8 years ago barring a weird 4 month spell at Forest)

It's almost like some people can still have opinions and insight into the game without officially being managers of a football club. 🤔🤔

Don't let a multi-billion pound industry, that you brought up, stamp all over your digs though. 😉

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hi Mack said:

Rovers budget this summer is £1.6m this includes wages and transfer fees! No manager in their right mind would take that on.

That would mean signing 2 freebies on 15k a week! 🙈 Obviously this hopefully changes if there’s player sales.

Where the hell have you arrived at this figure? Total and utter rubbish

2 minutes ago, Silas said:

Your point falls a bit flat considering none of them are managers, and I most definitely include Neville in that.

Carragher, Alex Scott, Neville, Micah Richards, Redknapp, Clinton Morrison, Danny Gabbidon, Stephen Warnock. The regulars, not a manager to be seen.

In fact the only one's I can see with any decent managerial credentials is Souness (last managed 16 years ago), and Roy Keane (last assistant managed 8 years ago barring a weird 4 month spell at Forest)

It's almost like some people can still have opinions and insight into the game without officially being managers of a football club. 🤔🤔

Don't let a multi-billion pound industry, that you brought up, stamp all over your digs though. 😉

You really need to read it properly it’s referring to members of this forum 😅😅😅

2 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Nervous about what exactly? It’s quite clear that money took CC abroad to Warner climes and only on a 1 yr deal it pretty much emphasises his journeyman tag! I haven’t ever suggested he was favourite to land the job and he is definitely not nor has been my first choice so to make sure you understand I am not worried unless of course I fail to land a few fish on Friday 🎣🎣

Nervous about the possibility of having to justify a potentially woeful appointment, obviously. You've been telling us all for weeks how clueless we all are and how bright the future is... You'll be praying this doesn't get embarassing.

In fact, I'm praying this doesn't get embarassing... But my hope is beginning to fade, fast! 

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Derek Shaw told him in a highly believable phone call.

To be fair it’s back to silly behaviour at Rovers now. The last few years where leaks are few and far between are over. We’re back into different groups of people working on different projects with no communication and big cross over. I would imagine we will get plenty of people being told things which turn out not to happen for the foreseeable. 

So the deal is try and bring in a quality manager who will probably get the juices flowing, sell more season tickets and give us some hope and optimism. But the caveat is that you have to work with our pound shop coaches.

Isn't that absolutely typical of the last twelve years.

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, arbitro said:

So the deal is try and bring in a quality manager who will probably get the juices flowing, sell more season tickets and give us some hope and optimism. But the caveat is that you have to work with our pound shop coaches.

I wish someone could shed a light on this. Lowe has been in situ since June 2011 so came in under the spivs, so remains their man it seems. Immovable.

I do not believe it's the cost of his termination, there has to be more than that protecting him.

It is surreal and we remain a circus run by the clowns.

After 60 plus years I may well watch Burnley and Blackpool on TV next season. Fuck this shit.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, arbitro said:

How do they expect to change things and freshen things up keeping on all the same backroom staff.  Why bother changing if they don't really want to change.  Any good manager will want to build up his own coaching set up it goes with the turf and it's not as if they had to pay the last one off.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, J*B said:

My guy at Rovers says Carvahal was Ewood (Waggott’s) first choice but he wanted more first team staff and it was too expensive. He says Pardew.

Not having that at all. Sounds like blame deflection from Waggott in case a lousy appointment is made.

Why would owners who we are told allegedly "never refuse to sign a cheque" and who even if that is not quite right definitely pump £20m p.a. into the Club anyway, pass up on the best candidate for the sake of sacking a couple of coaching staff who may not have that long left to go on their contracts?

Imo it'd be far more likely the penny pinching barrow boy who unilaterally decided the extra staff wasn't an option and never even put it to the owners. Otherwise it might impact on the perception of his performance in reducing costs and losses.

I really wouldn't put it past him to fuck us over with one final dismal appointment and have another crack at selling Brockhall on the vague promise of a shiny new facility sometime never before disappearing off into the sunset to count his money.

Whist I don't believe it for a second, if Pardew is appointed I'm out.

There would still be a silver lining though if JB's mate is correct. Waggott apparently faithfully assured Duncan (Miller) that if an appointment was foisted upon him he didn't like, his position would be untenable and he'd walk away from his £300 k p.a. job.

Right?

33 minutes ago, J*B said:

To be fair it’s back to silly behaviour at Rovers now. The last few years where leaks are few and far between are over. We’re back into different groups of people working on different projects with no communication and big cross over. I would imagine we will get plenty of people being told things which turn out not to happen for the foreseeable. 

Not according to the latest Rovers oracle it's not or aren't you aware he knows everything ?  Won't tell on here though because everyone isn't as clever as him. We all have to make appointments to hear the lip service ourselves.

25 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Someone needs to explain to the venks that old indian proverb about wanting to have your cake and eat it.

Clubs just run by dickheads from the very top to the very bottom now, even most the staff there are just sell out wankers on the gravy train keeping schtum and doing as they're told by their overlords.

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I wish someone could shed a light on this. Lowe has been in situ since June 2011 so came in under the spivs, so remains their man it seems. Immovable.

I do not believe it's the cost of his termination, there has to be more than that protecting him.

It is surreal and we remain a circus run by the clowns.

After 60 plus years I may well watch Burnley and Blackpool on TV next season. Fuck this shit.

From what I've heard from a couple of different sources, Lowe's status at the Club is a very peculiar one and he has previously been "sacked" only to be re- I stated after complaining to either Balaji or Suhail or both.

If we could get to the bottom of his background, where he came from, who he's represented by, and the exact nature of his relationship with the owners it might shed a bit of light on things.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

How do they expect to change things and freshen things up keeping on all the same backroom staff.  Why bother changing if they don't really want to change.  Any good manager will want to build up his own coaching set up it goes with the turf and it's not as if they had to pay the last one off.

Maybe they don't want to change things and freshen them up. They should, of course, but it still appears possible Mowbray didn't leave because they didn't want him, but rather because they were inept and lethargic in communicating their wishes to him. If that's the case, they might still want the uninspiring backroom we currently have to preserve the status quo.

Although I suspect they're just doing everything on a small budget again this year.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

if Pardew is appointed I'm out.

This.

Honestly think a Pardew appointment would be the final straw for a LOT of fans.

• Like 6