BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

12 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Hmm, dunno. That prompted me to have a google, and I see an article from just a week ago describing McAllister as 'Aston Villa assistant coach' and 'Gerrard's assistant'. An article from today (same website, Skysports) describes Beale as departing to QPR from Villa 'where he served as assistant manager to Steven Gerrard' and later as 'assistant head coach' and that he was appointed to the role in November. Critchley is described as replacing him.

My best guess is there is a distinction between 'assistant head coach' and 'assistant coach' at Villa. Assistant coach just probably being a first team coach, or maybe a no.3 role. Either that or they have two no.2s, which would be very odd.

And I can't find anything about McAllister leaving.

Gerrard as 2 assistant head coaches working with in with them being Gary McAllister and Now Neil Critchley then they have Tom Culshaw has technical coach, Neil Cutler as GK coach, Austin Macphee as Set pieces coach then Aaron Danks as first team coach there.

Training Ground Guru | Aston Villa staff profiles

20 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

When are we reaching Ronnie delia linked, can’t be far away 

where has he been linked? 

He is the New York City head coach. Here is his profile. He has managed Celtic and has won trophies in Norway and Celtic

New York City FC (nycfc.com)

Makes we wonder if we are bringing in Jason Wilcox as Sporting Director and he suggest Ronny Delia as head coach. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

12 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I wouldn't be suprisef if that plank mowbray, grease ball waggot and their north east cronies are quietly trying to sabotage anything good from happening at rovers and are just hoping to wedge fkin woodgate or some other puppet manager in that they can control. 

They've been doing that since they arrived. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Sorry to single you out and put you on the spot @glen9mullan Sorry, I'm sure your probably just getting on with life and enjoying time with your fam, but your silence on this weeks happenings and rumours is becoming a little deafening 😬

He’s on holiday, let’s just see what happens 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Sorry to single you out and put you on the spot @glen9mullan Sorry, I'm sure your probably just getting on with life and enjoying time with your fam, but your silence on this weeks happenings, non-happenings and rumours is becoming a little deafening 😬

He's on holiday with his family and also on a technology ban I read earlier Armchair.

Glen was talking up Farke I believe, but it seems Farke has bigger fish to fry in Germany right now so my guess is, its back to the drawing board. 

Edited by Gav

• Moderation Lead
24 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Sorry to single you out and put you on the spot @glen9mullan Sorry, I'm sure you're probably just getting on with life and enjoying time with your fam, but your silence on this weeks happenings, non-happenings and rumours is becoming a little deafening 😬

I imagine that’s the idea…..

• Like 1

@glen9mullan only passess on what he knows. To be fair he doesn't dangle cryptic tit bits trying to hook a load of whoppers. If its not Farke it doesnt mean he was wrong, more probable that Waggot and the Vs ballsed up. People on this bored are far too keen to have a go at people who's info passed on in good faith doesn't end up happening.

Weeks ago I posted about Woodgate, I haven't heard anything to either persuade or dissuade me from this info. I hope it's wrong  but the two separate people who told me are very much well informed.

Let's stop the finger pointing please.

Edited by speedies gonna get ya.
  • Like 9

I have no earthly clue how people who dismiss our own former players as managers think it would be somehow much more acceptable or adequate if we get Duncan Ferguson, who has a grand total of 0 managerial experience. The idea that being an assistant to quality managers for a few years somehow means you will have managerial talent yourself may make some sense on paper, but that is absolutely not how it works in real life. It would be a complete blind flip of the coin if he will turn out to be a decent manager or not. 

5 minutes ago, speedies gonna get ya. said:

@glen9mullan only passess on what he knows. To be fair he doesn't dangle cryptic tit bits trying to hook a load of whoppers. If its not Farke it doesnt mean he was wrong, more probable that Waggot and the Vs ballsed up. People on this bored are far too keen to have a go at people who's info passed on in good faith doesn't end up happening.

Weeks ago I posted about Woodgate, I haven't heard anything to either persuade or dissuade me from this info. I hope it's wrong  but the two separate people who told me are very much well informed.

Let's stop the finger pointing please.

Anybody else remember Brian Clough at Derby parading Ian Storey-Moore around the old Baseball Ground before a game only for Storey-Moore to sign for Man United over the weekend ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

I have no earthly clue how people who dismiss our own former players as managers think it would be somehow much more acceptable or adequate if we get Duncan Ferguson, who has a grand total of 0 managerial experience. The idea that being an assistant to quality managers for a few years somehow means you will have managerial talent yourself may make some sense on paper, but that is absolutely not how it works in real life. It would be a complete blind flip of the coin if he will turn out to be a decent manager or not. 

So how do assistant managers get to be managers? They get there because they have the knowledge and skills required. They have usually picked up experience as a No 2 to a highly respected manager who can recommend them if required. For example Carlos Corberan at Huddersfield was previously No 2 to Bielsa at Leeds. Huddersfield clearly thought he was good enough and gave him a chance which nearly paid off. Apparently he kept in touch with Bielsa who no doubt gave him good advice.

• Like 1

• Backroom
11 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Anybody else remember Brian Clough at Derby parading Ian Storey-Moore around the old Baseball Ground before a game only for Storey-Moore to sign for Man United over the weekend ?

I just want to know Clough's reaction. Did he set Dave McKay on him next time the sides met?

• Like 3

IMO, shambolic and I don't think the right hand knows what the left hand is doing. 

Unbelievable that an organisation like Rovers with huge business owners like Venky's can 'shut up shop' for four days over the Bank Holiday weekend.  Feckin hell, we are talking about the appointment of THE KEY individual who can either make or break our club!

I think this is all reminiscent of the flip flopping and indecision when Coyle was appointed over Warnock and when, IMO, Mowbray was heading for the exit door in April 2021 to be replaced by Wilder or Neil (think as close as Warnock came to getting the job) only for the brakes to be suddenly slammed on.

Not even Glen Mullan can make sense of what the hell is presently going on.

Understand the DOF will be a very familiar name with Rovers' fans but do worry how effective he will be when seemingly he has no input into the appointment of our next manager.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, speedies gonna get ya. said:

I think he would be interviewed by Waggott and Pasha given his championship experience and the job he did at Bournemouth

11 minutes ago, Mercer said:

IMO, shambolic and I don't think the right hand knows what the left hand is doing. 

Unbelievable that an organisation like Rovers with huge business owners like Venky's can 'shut up shop' for four days over the Bank Holiday weekend.  Feckin hell, we are talking about the appointment of THE KEY individual who can either make or break our club!

I think this is all reminiscent of the flip flopping and indecision when Coyle was appointed over Warnock and when, IMO, Mowbray was heading for the exit door in April 2021 to be replaced by Wilder or Neil (think as close as Warnock came to getting the job) only for the brakes to be suddenly slammed on.

Not even Glen Mullan can make sense of what the hell is presently going on.

Understand the DOF will be a very familiar name with Rovers' fans but do worry how effective he will be when seemingly he has no input into the appointment of our next manager.

I keep telling you it’s there master plan. Piss everybody off so when they sell up there’ll be nobody left to protest.

• Like 1

• Backroom

I'm choosing to believe that we'll appoint a good quality manager early next week.

On the basis that the only 'leak' we've had is that Glen reckons we're after Farke. Nothing else has come from a credible source apart from Pete O'Rourke getting Big Dunc wrong.