BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

24 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

AMEN

Agreed. I can’t understand not wanting Ainsworth on merit regardless of his Rovers connection. The Wycombe job didn’t put clubs off wanting Martin O’Neil in the past

• Like 4

1 hour ago, WacoRover said:

I don’t want to look for it in the preceding 255 pages, but somebody said our manager will be named on June 6.

So, hopefully, Monday is D-Day. 

Destruction Day 

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'd prefer Wilcox if we're going down that route - at least he has experience in the role. 

So, Stuart Ripley - not even the 'best candidate for DoF who was a winger in the 1995 title-winning side'.

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Read an article about Les Ferdinand who was explaining how they appointed Michael Beale. He said they spoken to over 20 people about the vacancy there and any appointment need a backing in development. 

Ferdinand details head coach recruitment process (qpr.co.uk)

Very interesting read, we could certainly do with a DOF of his calibre.

1 hour ago, WacoRover said:

I don’t want to look for it in the preceding 255 pages, but somebody said our manager will be named on June 6.

So, hopefully, Monday is D-Day. 

Playing Burnley next season is D-Day. There supposed to have there final interview next week the 3 remaining candidates.The players are back in a couple of weeks for pre season training and players that are leaving need replacing by the new manager.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Read an article about Les Ferdinand who was explaining how they appointed Michael Beale. He said they spoken to over 20 people about the vacancy there and any appointment need a backing in development. 

Ferdinand details head coach recruitment process (qpr.co.uk)

Very open and honest. Doesn't answer every question I'm sure but it's a start that their fans can take onboard. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, J*B said:

At this point I feel like the best result they can come up with would be Friedel and Ainsworth. 

Yeah it’s going to feel coyle esq when Jonathan woodgate is announced as the outstanding candidate 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, J*B said:

At this point I feel like the best result they can come up with would be Friedel and Ainsworth. 

Really ? Taking the fact that he’s a rovers fan away from the equation is somebody who has spent 9 years at Wycombe got them promoted and then relegated from championship really enough to warrant him getting so much support for rovers manager?

Does any of it matter anymore?

If Ainsworth gets it we can debate all day whether it's the right decision or whether he'd have even been considered had he not got a Blackburn connection.

My own view is it would be a ludicrous decision, but typical Rovers of this day and age looking no further than 'one of our own' because it fits that strapline for season tickets and it's an obvious, easy one to do.

But ultimately if the requirement is that he works with the irreplaceable coaching staff then it matters not. Because he'll be starting with one hand tied behind his back and without the ability to work with his own people, being dictated to on key decisions by buffoons who don't understand football.

• Like 1