BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

6 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The noises I've been hearing were that we'd be looking to speak to people who were in work this week so there might be something in it.

What would people's thoughts be on this?

It's kind of crazy to leave it til now to start speaking to people in work. Those will take longer to finalise due to clubs needing to give permission and agree compo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

It's kind of crazy to leave it til now to start speaking to people in work. Those will take longer to finalise due to clubs needing to give permission and agree compo.

I don't believe it, just more BS to spin things out until HSH tell us who we can have

• Like 5

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Farke has go to the Bundesliga and Carvalhal gone to UAE for around 6 times the salary he would have got here. 

Would Warne really be the worst choice? Good solid manager. Hopefully working with better quality players he could take us to PL within 2 years of his reign 

He was 3/1 last night at 11pm. He was around 18/1 a couple of days ago 

Chaddy I think the big problem is interviewing Farke & Carvalhal then going for Warne & Ferguson it's so underwhelming!

5 hours ago, RVRVRS said:

Sharpe is a very poor journalist. He regurgitates non news story’s and proberly gets his ITK from this site. Much preferred the Andy Cryer days, least he had balls.

Oh how I miss those Andy Cryer days!

4 hours ago, J*B said:

I knew nothing about him 48 hours ago but after reading and listening to Warne and looking at some articles on him, I’d be happy. 

You're easily pleased! 😉

7 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

'we are where we are'', 'its not 1995'

He was right wasn’t he?

Look at the current managerial search, fans talking of Dyche, Carvalhal and Farke, managers we had zero chance of attracting because we are now more 1985 than 1995 sadly.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Tricky said:

This is the first result when I looked...

Turned off after 15 seconds obviously. 

Sounds like the rumour about Warne might be bollox but I enjoyed that link. He seems to have a dry sense of humour and anyone who likes dogs, particularly labradors, gets my vote....

• Like 3

Just had a watch of some videos on Warne. He comes across well, his footballing ideas sound like they would suit our squad, and the way he signs players making sure they are the right fit and right people sounds ok to me too. 

He’s not the big name we wanted such as Farke etc, but he’s one I’d give a real good chance. 

Also sounds like the kind of manager who wouldn’t let a team slack off, especially after Christmas… no idea how he’ll cope on Sky though 😉

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Waggott is not what is wrong with the club or the reason that it is so haphazard. Hes just an incompetent employee, surely any bad feeling should be directed towards Pune.

Yeah, sponging £300,000 per year for the privilege too.. 

WAGGOTT OUT! 

Ronny Deila; there is interest from a club(s) in England and Belgium (Standard Liege). I thought he was going to sign for the Belgium club, but maybe he has been approached by Rovers in the meantime?

And there are not many other clubs in the Championship looking for a manager is it? Burnley, Blackpool and us?

1 hour ago, Gav said:

He was right wasn’t he?

Look at the current managerial search, fans talking of Dyche, Carvalhal and Farke, managers we had zero chance of attracting because we are now more 1985 than 1995 sadly.

Of fuck, wow is me, I'm a dull northern lad, flat cap and clogs, all the girls int family work down mill and should know my place.

Talk about downtrodden.

Oh and I know it's not fucking 1995.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, rover23 said:

Just had a watch of some videos on Warne. He comes across well, his footballing ideas sound like they would suit our squad, and the way he signs players making sure they are the right fit and right people sounds ok to me too. 

He’s not the big name we wanted such as Farke etc, but he’s one I’d give a real good chance. 

Also sounds like the kind of manager who wouldn’t let a team slack off, especially after Christmas… no idea how he’ll cope on Sky though 😉

My understanding is that his teams play some pretty basic, direct football and, if we are going to be fairly reliant on the Academy, then I'm not sure he's a good fit if tthat is indeed the case.

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Waggott is not what is wrong with the club or the reason that it is so haphazard. Hes just an incompetent employee, surely any bad feeling should be directed towards Pune.

We can't keep trying to give the likes of him, Mowbray and whoever else a free pass just because they work for Venkys.

It's the kind of divide and conquer these gravy train riders thrive in when they have something to hide behind.  Each one of them are actually paid to do jobs not just turn up because there are boxes to tick.

It's a collective obviously and it starts from the top but they aren't going to get sacked for showing a bit of gumption or pro activity.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Swanson said:

Ronny Deila; there is interest from a club(s) in England and Belgium (Standard Liege). I thought he was going to sign for the Belgium club, but maybe he has been approached by Rovers in the meantime?

And there are not many other clubs in the Championship looking for a manager is it? Burnley, Blackpool and us?

Little bit unsure on Delia. Was ok at Celtic but only just ok, winning three of the six trophies on offer, during his two seasons there but without having Rangers in the same division. Don’t think Celtic fans were over impressed either. The pressure, I think, got to him and he stepped down after having won his second league title there. He was only 38 years old when he went to Scotland and will obviously be more experienced now. I would give him a 6 out of 10.

• Like 2

What I'd like most is a tactically astute manager who is able to get the best out of the players we have.

This was Mowbray's biggest failing for me, going back to the league one season where we seemed to get through it by simply having better players.

This would seem to rule out Ferguson given Myers comments.

I'm not against the likes of Manning, Ainsworth and Warne just because their success comes from league one but the bigger names if they had been appointed would have indicated bigger budgets which could have been very useful.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, roverblue said:

Does anyone have any inside infromation on who is actually in the running for the job? It seems both Farke and Carvahal have gone so is it just Gareth Ainsworth left in the race?

No every journo I've asked said ferguson talk was rubbish, I'm hoping the Warne link is true @unleaded is there any news