BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

12 hours ago, matt83 said:

The more I think about it the Venkys + swag + a rookie dof + a fairly green manager (if it is tomasson) + existing underwhelming coaches = disaster.

Yes it does look a real challenge.

A lot is really going to come down to Broughton, he's going to have to be excellent at managing upwards and downwards. It'll work only as well as he can co-ordinate everyone.

Would've preferred Farke and Carvalhal, but this is more exciting for me than Ainsworth/Warne etc. 

May work, may not. I'm genuinely just looking forward to getting to Ewood come 3pm and seeing a striker in striker at this point.

Plenty of foreign manager (and some relatively untested managers) success stories in this league the last 10 years, let's hope with a bit of money (not holding out hope on that) this is another one.

7 minutes ago, den said:

My concern is that we will start a new season with a DOF and manager - neither of whom have any knowledge of the Championship or English football. Neither have worked in their current positions at this level.

Taking into account that their first job within a couple of months will be to replace virtually half of the squad of a championship club, I wonder how they will cope with that. They will be relying heavily on the advice of agents I guess. 

One Thing I do believe. Rovers will need to hit the road running with some good results early on, otherwise I fear things won’t be easy.

Good luck to them both. Let’s see how it goes.

That’s my worry Den, the lack of experience of the current championship. They’ll be relying on Lowe and Johnno a lot at first. Is that a good thing ? We’ll soon see.

I will believe JDT when he is unveiled.  Has any one ever got the Venkies manager hire right ahead of time?  Seems like they do a decent job of keeping things secret.  Could they still pull one from left field?

Got a bad feeling about this whole thing I sense an unmitigated disaster coming, the worst yet, rudderless ship as Mercer says, I share his concerns 

Edited by USABlue
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, den said:

My concern is that we will start a new season with a DOF and manager - neither of whom have any knowledge of the Championship or English football. Neither have worked in their current positions at this level.

Taking into account that their first job within a couple of months will be to replace virtually half of the squad of a championship club, I wonder how they will cope with that. They will be relying heavily on the advice of agents I guess. 

One Thing I do believe. Rovers will need to hit the road running with some good results early on, otherwise I fear things won’t be easy.

Good luck to them both. Let’s see how it goes.

The Dof is English and counts Norwich and Luton amongst his previous clubs in a recruitment role so he does have experience over here albeit he will be in a new role at Ewood 

• Like 5

We can go on for pages but I think we're all in the same boat with this one. None of us know what to expect as it's a different type of appointment to someone like Mowbray. The positives and negatives are clear for us all to debate but as we've done the square root of jack in this league (till last season) I think it's worth while trying something different than a safe journeyman appointment. The natural expectation is for it to blow up in our face but for once I'm going to allow myself some cautious optimism that we have a new project and identity to look forward to. The proof is in the pudding, of course and i feel it really needs to hit the ground running so it doesn't turn sour very very quickly. I'm not expecting anything special this season, we should all expect a worse season than last as we've lost a lot quality and experience. As long as we make some clever signings, show some knowledge of players on the continent and don't struggle, I'll be quite content with that as a foundation to build on. We've appointed a man who's just won titles as a manager and won leagues and cups as a player at the highest level, let's hope he can bring that mentality and expectation to Rovers. 

• Like 9

If the fella has drive and hunger that he can pass across to the squad and is less focused on just keeping everybody happy then it should be an instant improvement.

Tactically he just needs to be competent but he does need to be really astute in the transfer market.  Then again he might well have no say in that with the new set up. 

Pray he knows how to set up a defense though as that's where we'll have to start....again !

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I'm buzzing personally.

Fresh manager relatively new in his career.

I wonder if Lowe and Benson have been kept on? 

Or will JDT tell them to piss off?

Did we ever find out for certain of their contracts were expiring soon? 

Do we have any idea who JDT will bring with an assistant or any coaches?

14 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That’s my worry Den, the lack of experience of the current championship. They’ll be relying on Lowe and Johnno a lot at first. Is that a good thing ? We’ll soon see.

I understand that worry to be fair, however sometimes a fresh approach is needed. We've moved away from the dinosaurs which I see as a positive. Hoping for another Ismael at Barnsley type season!

54 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

He was born in Denmark, not sure were he lives at the moment.

Yes, I know he’s Danish, but the reason given for him leaving Malmo was because his family lived in the Netherlands.

Maybe he’s bought a place on Nuttall Street 😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

No idea! 

Someone who's not lazy (I'm lazy) put any work into seeing what his track record in the transfer market is like?

His assistant at Malmö was - Remy Reijnierse.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

If the fella has drive and hunger that he can pass across to the squad and is less focused on just keeping everybody happy then it should be an instant improvement.

Tactically he just needs to be competent but he does need to be really astute in the transfer market.  Then again he might well have no say in that with the new set up. 

Pray he knows how to set up a defense though as that's where we'll have to start....again !

Agreed. I'd rather watch a 15th placed finish with attacking football than the absolute monstrosity I watched over the last 20 games of last season.

1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

In Malmö he had Remy Reijnierse as an assistant. Don't know much about him tbh, but he as assistant manager in Sheffield Wednesday in 2018.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

As long as he gets a good reception at games (which he will), not sure it particularly matters if a half dozen anonymous accounts on brfcs.com have decided they won’t ‘give him a chance’…

Exactly. I don’t see anything wrong about weighing up the pros and cons of Tomasson’s likely appointment on here, and it certainly doesn’t equate to not giving him a chance.

If it happens at least it will show some imagination, which would be a welcome change.

3 minutes ago, USABlue said:

I hope he can put round and square pegs in the right round and square holes, be a good start.

Trying to work out if teams will find us too easy to play against without a LB at RW, a striker at LW, a CM in ST and a CB at RB??

16 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Has there been an actual announcement or are people just getting themselves into a frenzy?

Bit of both, but let's enjoy the frenzy, this time last week Duncan Ferguson was odds on favourite...

FVHowgDWIAEcVhb.png.ad59660a213207fa7bc8f9619305e551.png

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Trying to work out if teams will find us too easy to play against without a LB at RW, a striker at LW, a CM in ST and a CB at RB??

That really grated with me. Mowbray sees Mahrez coming in off the right wing onto his left foot and thinks”  Who have we got who could do that  ?  I know, that left back we’ve got on loan from Wolves “.

• Like 2