BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

23 minutes ago, damo100 said:

So you're both patronising and arrogant I see, how wrong you are with your daft attempts to make it seem I'm defending Venkys, my argument was regards Sam's awful brand of football, when he was sacked, I like the majority of our fanbase was relieved thinking we'd get a better coach who played a more attractive brand of football, like I've said earlier (the arrogance in you seemed to ignore this) hindsight is a wonderful thing, it wasn't the sacking of Sam that was the start of our downfall it was who Venkys replaced him with.

Keep up Mercer

It wasn’t hindsight.

• Like 1

• Tom changed the title to What utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?
25 minutes ago, damo100 said:

So you're both patronising and arrogant I see, how wrong you are with your daft attempts to make it seem I'm defending Venkys, my argument was regards Sam's awful brand of football, when he was sacked, I like the majority of our fanbase was relieved thinking we'd get a better coach who played a more attractive brand of football, like I've said earlier (the arrogance in you seemed to ignore this) hindsight is a wonderful thing, it wasn't the sacking of Sam that was the start of our downfall it was who Venkys replaced him with.

Keep up Mercer

There was no hindsight..... many wise old sages predicted the beginning of the end. And it was.

Venky's didn't have to do anything, just give back the existing management and give Allardyce some funds to spend 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

To play cultured football you need cultured footballers. If they aren’t prepared to get the cheque book out he could be in for a disappointment. The three teams that went up this season  played cultured football most of the time. After that it was the likes of Luton with no money playing ale house football. If you have no money playing in  a more direct style is your only hope.

That’s an entirely fair point and your scepticism is well-warranted, given prior performance.

My glass-half-full viewpoint would be to look at the appointment of DoF/SD with a recruitment-heavy background, as well as significant outgoings on the playing staff and infer that some investment is to be expected.

It’s very hopeful to point this out, but they turned the tap off for Mowbray, which may be viewed as “you’ve made a bed, now you lie in it.” Assumption would then have to be they’ll make more available for a new setup.

6 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

That’s an entirely fair point and your scepticism is well-warranted, given prior performance.

My glass-half-full viewpoint would be to look at the appointment of DoF/SD with a recruitment-heavy background, as well as significant outgoings on the playing staff and infer that some investment is to be expected.

It’s very hopeful to point this out, but they turned the tap off for Mowbray, which may be viewed as “you’ve made a bed, now you lie in it.” Assumption would then have to be they’ll make more available for a new setup.

To be honest with you,  previously I would have turned the tap off on Mowbray signing new players as well. He got more wrong than he got right.  I just wouldn’t have done it last January with the club sitting in 2nd place and desperate for a striker. Having said that looking at the 5 players he did bring in maybe the Chokers had a point !

That’s all water under the bridge now. The new guy will need to be allowed to spend some money given we’ve lost half a team. Most of them being our better paid players

• Like 1

I am reluctant to post anything about our prospective new manager until he's signed a deal.

This is Venky's we are dealing with and one thing the last twelve years has taught me is don't take anything for granted.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, martonrover said:

Yes, I know he’s Danish, but the reason given for him leaving Malmo was because his family lived in the Netherlands.

Fast forward 6 months...

"A big part of why I agreed to come here was because the club said they were fine with me commuting from home every day. But being honest, the 6 hour journey twice a day and the jetlag has started to be a bit too much for me. That's why, starting today, I'll be working remotely from home via Zoom."

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Ideally, but I think we have to factor in the departure of key players and cut the new set up a bit of slack.

It’s only the beginning of the journey 😉

FD5C274D-0A23-44C9-9884-12A42B440CCC.jpeg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

To be honest with you,  previously I would have turned the tap off on Mowbray signing new players as well. He got more wrong than he got right.  I just wouldn’t have done it last January with the club sitting in 2nd place and desperate for a striker. Having said that looking at the 5 players he did bring in maybe the Chokers had a point !

That’s all water under the bridge now. The new guy will need to be allowed to spend some money given we’ve lost half a team. Most of them being our better paid players

Turning off the taps wasnt in any way justified, if they had lost faith in Mowbray's recruitment then surely you sack him rather than keeping him but giving him even less favourable conditions to work in! For what its worth I certainly would not consider Mowbray's recruitment to be below par, of course there was a mix but this is the second summer in which we will turn a huge profit on an asset, before you consider the other successes.

The 5 players he brought in included the most expensive at 500k who got injured unfortunately, a 200k signing who was genuinely under used, a couple of loanees for depth and a player from the Irish league for the under 23s. Success or failure on such a small budget does not justify not giving him more.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:
3 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Just imagine. Opening game of the season, Gallagher lines up on the right wing, Travis as a false 9 😖

…but we win 4-0…😆

7 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Absolute scenes!

against the bastards of course.

20 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I am reluctant to post anything about our prospective new manager until he's signed a deal.

This is Venky's we are dealing with and one thing the last twelve years has taught me is don't take anything for granted.

If the last manager is any cop, he'll last six months before walking

Seems the barcodes have fond memories of him, begrudging his success. 

https://www.newcastleworld.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/former-newcastle-united-forward-set-to-land-blackburn-rovers-managerial-role-3729171

He comes in at a challenging time. Needs a work permit. Needs to sort his backroom team. Needs to finalize Brereton and who to use the money on if he goes without pissing it  down the drain. Needs to get to India. Needs to sort out the defence. Needs to take training. Needs to have it sorted by mid August.
“Needs up Mother Brown.”  Good luck mate. 

Edited by bigbrandjohn
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Turning off the taps wasnt in any way justified, if they had lost faith in Mowbray's recruitment then surely you sack him rather than keeping him but giving him even less favourable conditions to work in! For what its worth I certainly would not consider Mowbray's recruitment to be below par, of course there was a mix but this is the second summer in which we will turn a huge profit on an asset, before you consider the other successes.

The 5 players he brought in included the most expensive at 500k who got injured unfortunately, a 200k signing who was genuinely under used, a couple of loanees for depth and a player from the Irish league for the under 23s. Success or failure on such a small budget does not justify not giving him more.

You’d behave like that and I would. That’s what logical owners or boards of directors do. When faith in the manager has been lost he has to go. We’re talking about the Chokers here though, nothing they do is logical.

• Like 2

Don't like the new thread title!

Makes it appear that maggott knows what he’s doing. When in fact, having spoken to all the potential victims who sussed the idiot out by the way, he’s managed by a fluke of a chance to stumble upon someone willing to take the position. Just like mowbray did, by fluke of a chance found a winning method.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I certainly would not be happy with 15th off the back of an 8th placed finish, surely the target (whether it happens, I am not convinced) is improvement? 

What happened to Ferguson? To be filed with every other "ITK" shout you've had?

Why don't you ask all the journalists who were writing and posting about it?

Anyhow, don't worry about me - also took a punt on JDT when he was 6/1 and will be handsomely in profit!

Edited by Mercer

There seems to be a running narrative moreso on social media than here that people aren't willing to give the new manager a chance, which is totally baseless and frustrating to see our fans so desperate to call out something that isnt happening.

We lost Armstrong, Elliott, Holtby, Downing, Harwood-Bellis etc going into last season and improved with no money spent.

I don't think it was a "majority."

51:49 is a majority, any fans at that time would surely not have appreciated the football on offer from Sam.

Edited by damo100

We lost Armstrong, Elliott, Holtby, Downing, Harwood-Bellis etc going into last season and improved with no money spent.

Armstrong and Elliott, I will give you. The other three - come on! 

We are losing the captain, (at his peak), Rothwell, and probably Nyambe and Brereton - Diaz.

That’s without taking into consideration the loanees going back, and the DOF and head coach playing catch up already.