BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Certainly is. I accepted that a prosaic style of football from an experienced hand was exactly what a post-Walker Trust funded club needed. You ‘wee with the willy you have’.

Alas folk like your good self had absolutely no nuance and he was merely a ‘long ball dinosaur’ and the sunlit uplands of ‘football the right way’ was only a sacking away… how did that work out?

You mischaracterised me. I accepted The Allardyce Way as a price worth paying in much the same way as the Dingles did with Dyche. I was was worried by his sacking which I acknowledge did not work out very well at all.

Anyway, JDT appears to be the man of the moment, here's hoping that he can unite the fanbase.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TheKitGuy said:

Gotta be excited about this appointment surely, new DoF manager that's a bit of an unknown but has pedigree in a decent-ish league.. potential for a bunch of academy kids to make a name for themselves, when's the last time we appointed a manager that had just recently managed to win back to back titles? You don't do that if you're shite. 

I'm kinda split, half and half.

One part of me if excited, a totally different manager than what I was expecting, a world away from the likes of Adkins, Warburton etc.

JDT as a manager is totally unknown to me, no idea on his teams style of play or anything like that. Which adds to the excitement.

The other part of me is cautious that he brings no experience in English management and not a great deal of management experience overall. It's more of a risk than going for a bread and butter championship manager. Obviously this might not be a bad thing.

In any case, I'll be backing him and hope, as we all do, that he is a huge success for us!

• Like 8

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, Craigman said:

Got to remember Burnley are still awaiting a work permit for Kompany, that has been done deal for a few weeks, he is still not over here. So not expecting him in too soon.

Dingle FIL says there are complications to his work permit because he is also applying for citizenship (lived here for years and married to a Manc).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Work permit can be fast-tracked for a few extra quid. Should only take a few days. Suspect it was applied for last week in advance of approval from Venkys.

I think the official term for it is an International Sportsperson visa.

Agreed there and I'm sure Rovers would have sought advice of work permit expert to see how long it would take  

• Like 1

For what it's worth, he won the Swedish League two years in a row while managing Malmö FF. I don't particulary like Malmö FF, so I can't really say what the opinion of him was/is in that club. But they are (by far) the richest club in Sweden, and are more or less expected to win each year. But the job still had to be done.

Personally I would rather have seen Knutsen, as I think he's a more exciting manager. But I still not disappointed with JDT. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

As long as he gets a good reception at games (which he will), not sure it particularly matters if a half dozen anonymous accounts on brfcs.com have decided they won’t ‘give him a chance’…

Well said. Our new manager (whoever) and new dof deserve a chance and support initially. 

3 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

Pleased with Tomasson, better appointment then someone like Ferguson who should not ever have been near this job or just another championship jobber like Grayson/Adkins. 

I agree, let's all get behind him and give him a chance and get Rovers on track for next season. They always seem to do well from the north east at rovers, Shearer, Armstrong etc. Lets hope Tomasson follows suit, he used to play for Newcastle.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

I agree, let's all get behind him and give him a chance and get Rovers on track for next season. They always seem to do well from the north east at rovers, Shearer, Armstrong etc. Lets hope Tomasson follows suit, he used to play for Newcastle.

Agree with your first sentiment!

As for your second sentence, let us not forget Middlesbrough is also in the North East and boy, I think we've had some dross with those connections!  

11 minutes ago, Craigman said:

Got to remember Burnley are still awaiting a work permit for Kompany, that has been done deal for a few weeks, he is still not over here. So not expecting him in too soon.

Kompany doesn’t have a Pro license - JDT does which will vastly fast track his VISA application as he is the most qualified you can be in the profession

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

The other part of me is cautious that he brings no experience in English management and not a great deal of management experience overall. It's more of a risk than going for a bread and butter championship manager. Obviously this might not be a bad thing.

In any case, I'll be backing him and hope, as we all do, that he is a huge success for us!

8 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

An interesting appointment and you have to wish him and us the best of luck.  I hope it works out for both parties. We deserve something to go right for us

7 minutes ago, eire3382 said:

Well said. Our new manager (whoever) and new dof deserve a chance and support initially. 

7 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

I agree, let's all get behind him and give him a chance and get Rovers on track for next season. 

Here here, disappointed or not, expectations will be different now, rather than expecting someone with English league experience to hit the ground running, he should be afforded time to settle in and appreciate we might not get back to back positive results so soon, just hope the majority get this. 

• Like 3

• Backroom

Not too disappointed with that, hard to be overly excited as I don’t know much about him but more excitement than a stale journeyman 

I just wonder if he was always in the running, my assumption is there was never really a plan to the process and he just fell in our lap 

• Like 1

To echo what most have said, probably better than what a lot of us had feared (Pardew/Woodgate/etc), so that’s a positive.

Be interesting to see how he fares.

Exciting to have a different approach, that’s for sure.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tricky said:

Here here, disappointed or not, expectations will be different now, rather than expecting someone with English league experience to hit the ground running, he should be afforded time to settle in and appreciate we might not get back to back positive results so soon, just hope the majority get this. 

Course they will, even Tony bloody Mowbray hardly had a peep against him at games in five years!

• Like 1

My concern is that we will start a new season with a DOF and manager - neither of whom have any knowledge of the Championship or English football. Neither have worked in their current positions at this level.

Taking into account that their first job within a couple of months will be to replace virtually half of the squad of a championship club, I wonder how they will cope with that. They will be relying heavily on the advice of agents I guess. 

One Thing I do believe. Rovers will need to hit the road running with some good results early on, otherwise I fear things won’t be easy.

Good luck to them both. Let’s see how it goes.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Tom said:

Not too disappointed with that, hard to be overly excited as I don’t know much about him but more excitement than a stale journeyman 

I just wonder if he was always in the running, my assumption is there was never really a plan to the process and he just fell in our lap 

Absolutely looks like he fell in our lap rather than having a plan in place to get him - or someone like him. However, we all know Venkys don't have a plan and if they did how the fuck has that worked out of the last 12 years?

Really hoping we've stumbled across a gem as if it works out it doesn't matter how we got there. 

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Of course in the ground he will get my full support. I’ve just got a gut feeling he won’t work out here. Rather it be JDT than Grayson, woodgate , pardew but warne or ainsworth would of been the better appointment imo. Ultimately tony leaving has highlighted just how poorly run we are so whoever comes in has there hands tied behind there back so he will not only get my support but a lot more leniency than I have given any other manager. However I still feel we could have done better with abit more ambition. The coaches staying on is farcical to say the least so let’s just see what JDT can do and be as positive as a venkys ran rovers fan can be

My thoughts exactly. Klopp would struggle with the way Rovers are setup. Managers are doing the job with one hand tied behind their back at Ewood. It’s the same old Chicken Chokers “ added degree of difficulty “ . Somebody should tell them it’s not like Olympic diving where you get extra points for added difficulty.

Nothing is ever properly thought through. Even the dogs in the street knew we were needing a new manager months ago. JDT has been out of work all that time. Yet apparently we only realised he was available a week ago. Either that or he was well down the pecking order at the start of the process.

Good luck to the lad, I hope they dust the cobwebs off the cheque book and give him some money to spend. He’s going to need it. It’ll be a change from listening to Mowbray droning on about what a good team Rotherham are.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 7