BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

One thing's for sure, if he can't get a tune out of Gally then nobody will. Good players don't always make good managers, that's true. But anyone who didn't watch Jon Dahl play, just watch some highlights. World class striker.

Just now, Mellor Rover said:

One thing's for sure, if he can't get a tune out of Gally then nobody will. Good players don't always make good managers, that's true. But anyone who didn't watch Jon Dahl play, just watch some highlights. World class striker.

Gally down the road then...he won't put up with it

Let's hope he gets backed and can give the current squad a kick up the arse. If someone doesn't want to be here ship them out. I think the whole contract bollocks with lenihan, nyambe and rothwell over shadowed most of the second half of the season. Get a squad of players full committed and bring on the dingles.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

Gally down the road then...he won't put up with it

Yeah I'm not sure Gally has the elegance and intelligence Jon Dahl did 🤣

44 minutes ago, den said:

My concern is that we will start a new season with a DOF and manager - neither of whom have any knowledge of the Championship or English football. Neither have worked in their current positions at this level.

Taking into account that their first job within a couple of months will be to replace virtually half of the squad of a championship club, I wonder how they will cope with that. They will be relying heavily on the advice of agents I guess. 

One Thing I do believe. Rovers will need to hit the road running with some good results early on, otherwise I fear things won’t be easy.

Good luck to them both. Let’s see how it goes.

I’m sure Broughton has worked in english football before, Rushden Diamonds comes to mind

• Like 2

Well I for one will be pleased to see JDT brought in ( if that is indeed the case) and I dont quite buy the "lack of experience" worry as even so called proven managers can fail.  The thing I really like is that he was a striker so he should obviously have a attacking mentality which should make for some exciting and productive football. 

Mowbray was a defender and quite obviously (IMO) he had a defensive mentality which was apparent in many games, team selection and formations etc. 

For the first time in a very long time I'm looking forward to the seasons kick off and feel something thats been supressed,,,hope.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Yes he was a great player in his day. Top class.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Agreed there and I'm sure Rovers would have sought advice of work permit expert to see how long it would take  

Rovers seeking advice of work permit ..... Bloody hell Chaddy! .... this is maggot and his crew we are talking about

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jw_ said:

Well I for one will be pleased to see JDT brought in ( if that is indeed the case) and I dont quite buy the "lack of experience" worry as even so called proven managers can fail.  The thing I really like is that he was a striker so he should obviously have a attacking mentality which should make for some exciting and productive football. 

this indeed, Kaminski will be busy this season.

also, love how JDT comes across in this...

• Like 2

Just now, bazza said:

What real power will GB and JDT have in decision making and hiring and firing? That's what worries me.

That’s always “ the elephant in the room “ at Rovers. When we have to send the carrier pigeon off to Pune because they’re run out of paper clips in the office.

Chokers out.

If it is JDT for me this is a transition season. We're all fed up of journies etc but there is going to be a huge amount of work to do with such a depleted squad. I'm not saying we shouldn't be aiming for success as soon as possible, but the delay in bringing a manager in, coupled with expiring contracts in the squad, means he's not been set up for success from the outset. Same with the DoF. He should have been brought in earlier. They will be doing their best but we've essentially removed the opportunity for an analysis and planning stage. 

Here's hoping they will have a players/tricks up their sleeves as I don't think this season is going to be an easy task. There's an enormous amount of pressure on this transfer window, compounded by the fact these guys will also have to get used to the 'Venkys way of working'.

All said, I'm excited about the appointments. They are complete unknowns. Both are making a step up, but both can point to recent success. I'm hoping for a real hunger and desire to improve, as opposed to Mowbray who was happy to top up the pension, and simply do right by the lads and develop them, as opposed to developing Rovers. There's potential for disaster due to the poor way and timing of our recruitment, but there's also plenty of potential. We'll see! 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

One thing's for sure, if he can't get a tune out of Gally then nobody will. 

On the other hand, he might take one look and decide it's an impossible task. I'd expect Brereton to benefit though - if he's still with us.

1 minute ago, ben_the_beast said:

If it is JDT for me this is a transition season. We're all fed up of journies etc but there is going to be a huge amount of work to do with such a depleted squad. I'm not saying we shouldn't be aiming for success as soon as possible, but the delay in bringing a manager in, coupled with expiring contracts in the squad, means he's not been set up for success from the outset. Same with the DoF. He should have been brought in earlier. They will be doing their best but we've essentially removed the opportunity for an analysis and planning stage. 

Here's hoping they will have a players/tricks up their sleeves as I don't think this season is going to be an easy task. There's an enormous amount of pressure on this transfer window, compounded by the fact these guys will also have to get used to the 'Venkys way of working'.

All said, I'm excited about the appointments. They are complete unknowns. Both are making a step up, but both can point to recent success. I'm hoping for a real hunger and desire to improve, as opposed to Mowbray who was happy to top up the pension, and simply do right by the lads and develop them, as opposed to developing Rovers. There's potential for disaster due to the poor way and timing of our recruitment, but there's also plenty of potential. We'll see! 

Deffo agree with it being a transition season, which sounds defeatist but I think that's how it will end up. Time has been against us as we've taken an ice age to appoint both the DoF and the Head coach. Players are already back in the building and JDT isn't even confirmed yet.

We're likely selling BBD as well, which just adds to the problems, certainly if, as usual, the money won't be reinvested (or not much of it anyway)

I don't want a "transition" season - I want a competitive team fired up and ready for the new season. Life is short and alot of older fans don't have many seasons left. For me, the new man needs to hit the ground running

• Like 8