BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

1 hour ago, pomster said:

So sell them with 12mnth left

I'm sure one or 2 (or all 3) would have been sold at Christmas if it wasn't for the suprise run of form that had us in with a realistic shot at promotion until Mowbray (and the players) threw it away. 

They'd have been slated tf if they'd have sold them then

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bazza said:

Regarding own goals, there aren't many of us left who remember Mike Harrison on the edge of our own penalty area looking to pass the ball to a team mate upfield and deciding to pass back to Fred Else on his goal line. Else meanwhile had come out close to Harrison to collect the ball. Both players stood spellbound as the ball rolled slowly towards the Rovers empty net. We on the Blackburn End were trying to will the ball to stop. Some were even blowing to try and stop it. There had been no pressure whatsoever from the opposition.

The most spectacular own goal was Keith Newton when playing right full back for Burnley. What a fabulous sight.

This may be in my mind but didn’t metcalfe( one of the greats) do a half way line one against Newcastle.  

2 hours ago, rigger said:

Who wanted to pay for them ?

As i recall middlesbough,Sheffied wanted Lenihan last year? Maybe wrong there but seem to recall

Bournmouth, Rangers had feelers out for Rothwell
Lets be honest here though, Mowbray could of sold them

10 minutes ago, eire3382 said:

Ya, we think we have it bad but they are standing on a trapdoor and who knows where it ends.

Things that aren’t going well I’m the world 

global warming 

plastic in the sea

destruction of the rain forest 

ukraine

fuel prices

yet the fact Burnley are in deep shit makes me feel at one with the world. The above will lead to global catastrophe but as long as they go first who cares

• Like 8

2 hours ago, bazza said:

Regarding own goals, there aren't many of us left who remember Mike Harrison on the edge of our own penalty area looking to pass the ball to a team mate upfield and deciding to pass back to Fred Else on his goal line. Else meanwhile had come out close to Harrison to collect the ball. Both players stood spellbound as the ball rolled slowly towards the Rovers empty net. We on the Blackburn End were trying to will the ball to stop. Some were even blowing to try and stop it. There had been no pressure whatsoever from the opposition.

The most spectacular own goal was Keith Newton when playing right full back for Burnley. What a fabulous sight.

what about Stuart Metcalf a 25yarder as I remember after he had done his Zebedee  bit.🤣

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

This may be in my mind but didn’t metcalfe( one of the greats) do a half way line one against Newcastle.  

I posted the link to it earlier, it wasn’t the half way line but he did a little keepy-up and then stroked it in from the penalty spot area. 

• Like 1

Just now, oldjamfan1 said:

I posted the link to it earlier, it wasn’t the half way line but he did a little keepy-up and then stroked it in from the penalty spot area. 

Sorry I’m on holiday and just joined without looking. Thanks for confirming my memory. I was cautious because I thought I’d imagined it

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

TBF I didn't / don't rate any of those either.

Hanley thick as pig shit player.

Cairney lazy little shit.

Raya was fairly crap but OK I am willing to blame Ben Benson.

I agree on Hanley. His first good season with us was his last one. It was especially annoying that we had put up with him being a shite liability for years and then as soon as he got decent he went.

Hard disagree on Cairney, who was clearly class and hampered by being played out of position (yet still managing to make meaningful contributions) and on Raya, who was blatantly worth a fair bit more than we got for him. With foresight, not hindsight, I said both were terrible deals for us. So they proved.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bigbrandjohn said:

Tomasson was known for his positional strength and fine finishing as a forward, despite his lack of notable pace or physicality.[2] He also drew praise from pundits and managers for his discipline in training, and for his work-rate and movement off the ball, as well as his ability to create space for his teammates with his runs.[6][38] A versatile player, he was capable of playing both as a striker and as a second striker.[39]

Luvly. 

As I've mentioned a few times through this process, we are signing a manager, not a player. That said, if he knows how to translate that knowledge, particularly the movement, into tactics and coaching, it will be a plus. If he mostly played off instinct, or doesn't know how to communicate what he did, it's meaningless. Being a disciplined hard-worker is definitely a plus in a manager's psych profile though.

3 hours ago, rigger said:

I am pretty confident they won't.

Where do you think they will go then?

Latest rumours are Middlesbrough for Lenihan and West Brom / Forest for Rothwell. Want to have a bet we will finish above them 3 this season?

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

Where do you think they will go then?

Latest rumours are Middlesbrough for Lenihan and West Brom / Forest for Rothwell. Want to have a bet we will finish above them 3 this season?

Unlikely. Weren't Forest promoted? 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Whether you rate them or not the reality is that their departures were all dressed up as "no big loss" or "we can do better" yet the reality is all have gone on to better things, just like the trio will this summer whilst we are left scrimping around the loan market for replacements.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Yet all three left because they were too good for here and brought in ten million combined.

All 3 have prospered since they left compared to treading water here.

• Like 8

Ok, off topic again (apologies) but regarding own goals, I seem to remember David May scoring an obsolute beauty. No idea who against, but he was legging it back towards goal, the cross came in from the right & hit him perfectly in stride sending the ball flying into the roof of the net, or did I dream that one - I'm not getting any younger & cheese or nuts is a definite no no before bed these days!

Edited by windymiller7
  • Like 1

I believe today will be the day. This is a race against time to break 400 pages. We come into this on 379. Gather your friends, your family, even your enemies. Tell them to post on BRFCS so that we hit this milestone of negligence. 

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, J*B said:

I believe today will be the day. This is a race against time to break 400 pages. We come into this on 379. Gather your friends, your family, even your enemies. Tell them to post on BRFCS so that we hit this milestone of negligence. 

Maybe admin could boost the page count by unhiding the naughty "hidden posts" haha

18 minutes ago, J*B said:

It's actually more a milestone of how much we waffle a load of shit when nothing is happening.

The unacceptable amount of time passed before the appointment is the milestone of negligence.

• Like 4